Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 27 May 2020, 21:34 (Ref:3978795)   #101
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I guess Chase gets second! Maybe Keso gets DQed later this week and the guy that actually led at the end of 600 miles will win!!

GWC rule, the Chase, stages; all stupid, fake winning and dumbing down of the sport. That said, I'm kinda glad this happened. I won't a second more on the series this year
Just watched the 1 hour highlight show, I was having beauty sleep when the race was run.

Yeah, dumb artificial nonsense. If the race distance happens under yellow that should be that in my books.

I hate the stage stuff too, that's more Mickey Mouse Disney Super Mario Kart Racing. It shouldn't be a thing in what is the pinnacle of US motorsport. I bet the drivers don't want this, and I'd bet Dale would be very vocal if he were still with us.

And they can bin the Chase playoff nonsense too. I only want one Chase in NASCAR and for him to be strapped in the #9!

Good race, wrong damn result.
Old 27 May 2020, 22:55 (Ref:3978806)   #102
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s not easy to watch NASCAR. Too many gimmicks, although as I said I can live with green white checker. The stage thing though is not NASCAR. It doesn’t add anything to it, just takes away the importance of the whole. It doesn’t help either the drivers can’t say much for fear of getting into from the anti free speech NASCAR bigwigs. And the chase has had it’s day, it’s got more and more ridiculous all the time. Let the best driver over a season win, not one who gets lucky in the last part.
Old 29 May 2020, 11:06 (Ref:3979120)   #103
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Attaboy!

Worth staying up for that one
Old 29 May 2020, 17:35 (Ref:3979224)   #104
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup. Heard Chase won. Maybe if I don't for the rest of the year, he'll win the Championship.
Old 30 May 2020, 00:16 (Ref:3979254)   #105
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just caught up. Woo. Go Chase. And his name reminds you of something stupid about NASCAR.
Old 5 Jun 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3980357)   #106
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, the Georgia kid gets pole at Atlanta?

https://racer.com/2020/06/04/elliott...e-for-atlanta/
Old 5 Jun 2020, 17:01 (Ref:3980367)   #107
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Hmm, the Georgia kid gets pole at Atlanta?

https://racer.com/2020/06/04/elliott...e-for-atlanta/
This is off topic. It's no longer May. Bring back the regular NASCAR thread b/c I no longer care!!!

Go Chase! NASCAR should give him something for the BS they've put him through in May!
Old 8 Jun 2020, 16:31 (Ref:3980850)   #108
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
This is off topic. It's no longer May...
I never noticed that... nothing seems to change anymore other than my socks!
Old 8 Jun 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3980863)   #109
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last year we had 78 days of July in Georgia, this year it's 80-some days of March.
Old 9 Jun 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3981020)   #110
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
apparently flag related issues are no longer confined to the nfl:

https://racer.com/2020/06/09/crandal...ith-the-flags/
Old 9 Jun 2020, 23:38 (Ref:3981056)   #111
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They've done multiple things, and unlike what everyone thinks NASCAR can't control the track decisions. ISC multiple times did trade-ins, bring your Confederate gear for an American flag. Obviously it didn't take
Old 10 Jun 2020, 21:13 (Ref:3981218)   #112
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
The world has gone mad. Next the idiotic hoards will want our blood 'cause our grandads best friends uncle once did something unpleasant to a black dude.

The past is the flippin' past.

Lettin' some people into Homestead and 'Dega to spectate too. Only 1,000 at Homestead and 5,000 at Dega, but it's a start.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 21:58 (Ref:3981221)   #113
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dude or person?

but I probably shouldn't ask though right?

Anyways delete if necessary.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 22:20 (Ref:3981224)   #114
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is about achieving fairness and equality not revenge. Let’s not change the narrative into something it isn’t. There is too much of that around, too many things being used to distract from the actual injustice here - the treatment of George Floyd and others.

And I was pleased to see that NASCAR seem to get it with their moment to listen.
Old 10 Jun 2020, 23:49 (Ref:3981231)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
In all reality management probably doesn't care either way, but you sell the series to a sponsor without making the move they made today banning Confederate flags at their events. Now how they will police that at the events not on their tracks could be sticky. But would you be tone deaf enough to fight NASCAR on that point? I could see it but think the money is too big.

And I'm sure the series affiliates all read their contacts and found the morals clauses very interesting. Similar to upper management being let go because of actions unbecoming their position, I can guarantee they each have moral clauses to have an out based on the others actions. I'm sure NASCAR was told that wasn't the hill to die on and lose their sponsors by not responding to Bubba. The fans they may lose can't possibly amount to the cash paid by Monster (with Coca-Cola slightly affiliated after buying everything Hansen made except Monster and investing a bit), Xfinity and Camping World to put their names on the window.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 23:39 (Ref:3981446)   #116
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some guy I've never heard of is quitting Nascar because of the banned Confederate flag.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...g-its-n1229926

He says celebrating the Confederacy doesn't wake you racist. Ok, sure.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 09:37 (Ref:3981491)   #117
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He can complain all he likes, but he must understand the reasoning behind it. He is entitled to his opinion, but if he wants to quit, then it’s a pretty silly reason for doing so
Old 12 Jun 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3981574)   #118
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Some guy I've never heard of is quitting Nascar because of the banned Confederate flag.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...g-its-n1229926

He says celebrating the Confederacy doesn't wake you racist. Ok, sure.
Please keep up sir, it's June so we've returned to regularly scheduled programming over in the 2020 thread.

And yeah, the 18 races he's run so far make him the voice of NASCAR I'm sure
Old 15 Jun 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3982234)   #119
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Please keep up sir, it's June so we've returned to regularly scheduled programming over in the 2020 thread.

And yeah, the 18 races he's run so far make him the voice of NASCAR I'm sure
i think the topic is being covered here, despite the month old title

And I'm sure nobody will have a problem with this:

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...aw-enforcement
Old 15 Jun 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3982235)   #120
S griffin
Veteran

It’s an interesting concept. I see no harm in running that slogan, it shows both sides matter
Old 15 Jun 2020, 19:44 (Ref:3982237)   #121
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
“sides”?!

Exactly what we don’t want here.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 22:18 (Ref:3982247)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

Yeah, they never achieve anything in this sport. They only go in circles
Old 16 Jun 2020, 03:33 (Ref:3982266)   #123
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's a discussion worth having but time and place guys. Sadly what Camden NJ, and others places(reorganize the city to disband the PD, and importantly the union that wouldn't allow any change to policy or termination of any officer without multiple hearings even after being arrested and convicted, made county PD with fewer officers and more community policing with assistance from non-officer response teams for medical, homeless and mental health issues), did is getting lost in the side noise and police unions pushing their insanity. All we get the usual American it must be this or that politics. There's ZERO middle any more and the media drives that point home hard and convinces everyone that's what the country wants. There's a reason why local governments tend to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal at the same time. NE states manage to have Republican governors often but almost always nationally heavily Democrat. Local elections get much less pressure media coverage and people choose based on the candidate not the party. Nationally it's all my party or nothing.

And the (insert color of the newly offended party here) Lives Matter stuff just makes things worse for everyone. It's hard to say hey numbnuts STFU to a paying customer and the race teams are NASCAR's customers too, but in this case Nascar should have taken the team aside and said WTF, really? One of my friends shared the posting of it's not ONLY black lives matter, it's maybe we look at this now and see what people are talking about. Everyone's lives matter but maybe there is something else here to consider for a moment.

LONG rant over and hopefully made sense cause the political landscape and sheer stupidity of large groups of humans doesn't. And it's starting to make me stupid. Or at least seriously consider kicking all of Congress out and starting over with all new people and term limits.
Old 16 Jun 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3982349)   #124
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if i was more politically involved i would co-opt that #backtheblue hashtag and turn it into a pro democrat hashtag on twitter.
Old 21 Jun 2020, 16:23 (Ref:3983084)   #125
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if i was more politically involved i would co-opt that #backtheblue hashtag and turn it into a pro democrat hashtag on twitter.
Lol, that is a brilliant idea!