Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 8 Mar 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1246479)   #26
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
Euro Saloons have 23 entries (although this includes Xtreme Mighty Minis), Silhouettes have 9 at the moment, Formula Fords have 12, Monos and Alfas have reasonably strong grids.
Still seems obvious to me that the Silhouettes should run with the Euro Saloons or Alfas and that the F Fords should run with Mono (prize money or no prize money). It would make a better spectacle for the spectator (and I am talking in the singular!) and would probably be more enjoyable for the drivers.

Yes, I know that the MSV F Ford guys are "serious players" competing for serious money but 12 car grids are a joke. If they can't get decent grids when there is a seasons prize of 5 grand at stake then what hope is there? The BRSCC & Dr P should put their foot down & force unsustainable grids to merge. The refusal to do so is typical of the self interest and short sightedness that seems to characterise club level motorsport in the UK.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1246485)   #27
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
MSV F Ford guys are "serious players" competing for serious money but 12 car grids are a joke. If they can't get decent grids when there is a seasons prize of 5 grand at stake then what hope is there?
wow that is high!! its worrying if even a prize so high can still result in low grids!

Come on people lets up the numbers!!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1246487)   #28
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Still seems obvious to me that the Silhouettes should run with the Euro Saloons or Alfas
Looking at the numbers quoted by Rod, this wouldn't be possible in this instance.

Quote:
and that the F Fords should run with Mono (prize money or no prize money). It would make a better spectacle for the spectator (and I am talking in the singular!) and would probably be more enjoyable for the drivers.
Although Rod hasn't quoted numbers for Mono, again this doesn't look possible with the seemingly ample Mono entry.

Quote:
Yes, I know that the MSV F Ford guys are "serious players" competing for serious money but 12 car grids are a joke. If they can't get decent grids when there is a seasons prize of 5 grand at stake then what hope is there? The BRSCC & Dr P should put their foot down & force unsustainable grids to merge. The refusal to do so is typical of the self interest and short sightedness that seems to characterise club level motorsport in the UK.
Still think there will be a few late entries for MSV. I can't call for Palmer calling for his own series to be merged with another...
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1246492)   #29
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I received the final instructions on sat there were 23 in Mono 2000/1800 and 18 in Mono 1200/1600.

Surely 12 F Fords could be added to the Mono 1200/1600 grid. What's the limit for the Indy Circuit?

I agree with you about Dr P not sanctioning a merger for his own series but he is the one that is jumping up and down (rightly) about the state of national & club motor sport in this country. He should take a "brave pill" & set precedent that others will follow, for the good of the sport.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:03 (Ref:1246493)   #30
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
When I received the final instructions on sat there were 23 in Mono 2000/1800 and 18 in Mono 1200/1600.

Surely 12 F Fords could be added to the Mono 1200/1600 grid. What's the limit for the Indy Circuit?
Thirty if I recall correctly, so only one late entry in either class takes you over. If it was a less borderline case, I would be more inclinced to agree with you.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1246497)   #31
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Thirty if I recall correctly, so only one late entry in either class takes you over. If it was a less borderline case, I would be more inclinced to agree with you.
but surely that would be their fault for entering so late?!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1246502)   #32
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Fair enough. I thought the limit might be 34 or so for club racing.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1246503)   #33
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It`d be pointless to combine grids when there isn`t enough "on" to actualy take you to the curfew of 6:30 anyway (though I realise this won`t be reached because of sunset).

Should the BRSCC not contemplate giving everyone 5 more laps for their money seeing as it`s scheduled to finish soon after 4pm????
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:14 (Ref:1246508)   #34
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
more laps sounds good but doubt that will happen!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1246529)   #35
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio
It`d be pointless to combine grids when there isn`t enough "on" to actualy take you to the curfew of 6:30 anyway (though I realise this won`t be reached because of sunset).

Should the BRSCC not contemplate giving everyone 5 more laps for their money seeing as it`s scheduled to finish soon after 4pm????
Or additional "Open Races"

The BARC responded to adverse conditions for the bike racers at Mallory Park on Boxing day (the bikes did not race due to ice at their chicane) by extending the car races in order to try to give the spectators a reasonable deal. Seems obvious really.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1246532)   #36
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Race distances may be constrained by championship regulations, and additional races by the MSA permit - not sure if that could be amended at this late stage.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1246550)   #37
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Race distances may be constrained by championship regulations, and additional races by the MSA permit - not sure if that could be amended at this late stage.
Arrhh yes, Good ideas and attempts to improve the show for the spectator (and the VFM for the competitor) constrained by rules and regs!

The only consideration should be the size of the fuel tank.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1246560)   #38
Elio
Veteran

I must admit, additional laps does cause problems later on in the day if the programme runs late for one reason or another.

Additional open races are a better idea as they could be "pencilled in" for the end of the day and then, should the "inked in", definate, Championship races be completed in time then the extra races could then be put into effect up to the circuits` curfew. It`s surely just a case of maximising the time available and giving the competitors as much as possible for the £££s?
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1246575)   #39
Ian Sowman
Veteran

But then many competitors won't hang about for a race that might not happen, so they probably would not be viable/worthwhile anyway.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1246597)   #40
Elio
Veteran

No, I meant it as a "free" race, only run if there`s time. I worked on the logic that the BRSCC are seemingly not making use of all the time they have available to them on this particular weekend (will not necessarily always be the case). Time will tell as to whether they actually end up finishing at 4:15 (for example) both days.

It would be embarrassing to give everyone a longer race, then suffer a delay, and end up having to cancel the final race. So surely for those who DO WANT to hang around to the end of the day you could offer them their extra laps as a free open saloon/single seater scratch race. It`d be a gesture, at least, from the organising club that they are thinking of their members?
Old 8 Mar 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1246619)   #41
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Elio, I'm with you on this one
Old 8 Mar 2005, 14:42 (Ref:1246707)   #42
Elio
Veteran

Just trying to put myself into the shoes of a competitor who might be thinking he`s being short-changed....

Brscc site now has the Final Instructions online for the weekend so for the anoraks (myself included) who aren`t actually racing but like to know who`s entered then take a look (for some reason the VSR/Super Silhouette entry is missing). I must admit it looks awfully thin..... The Alfas normally have (and are timetabled for) separate races but based on the FIs that`s a grid of 6 and a grid of 12.... Ouch....
Old 11 Mar 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1249623)   #43
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Rod said earlier there are 23 entries in Euro Saloons and only 4 of those are extreme minis, but these are saloons, think how big the grid could have been if the Euro Saloons and Track & Race cars merged, there could have been 2 races splitting cars into groups based on lap times !!!!
Old 11 Mar 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1249627)   #44
SPECTATORSAL
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
SPECTATORSAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi! Sorry, but, whereabouts on the Brscc site are the Final Instructions online?? Could someone kindly post the link on the forum for me?? Thank you! Sally
Old 11 Mar 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1249630)   #45
Ian Sowman
Veteran

http://www.brscc.co.uk/championships...%2012%2013.pdf

You can find it via the Championships link down the left hand side of the home page.
Old 11 Mar 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1249638)   #46
SPECTATORSAL
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
SPECTATORSAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
http://www.brscc.co.uk/championships...%2012%2013.pdf

You can find it via the Championships link down the left hand side of the home page.
Thank you kindly Ian!

Sally
Old 11 Mar 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1249857)   #47
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
....so you've seen the entry-now tell me they couldnt run that meeting in one day! Lets hope that this is a one-off entry wise for the BRSCC as I'd be a worried man by mid-season if I was counting the pennies in the BRSCC bank!! Mind you, Iv'e just seen the John Cooper Challenge entry list at Silverstone today and its not all that either. On paper there should have been around 12-15 Cooper S's but there are only about 8 whilst the Clubsport class seems to have around about 15 or so. Will find out for sure at their press day at Goodwood Monday.
Old 13 Mar 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1250740)   #48
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know you are a Mini fan (the car that is) Baz, but why did the Super Mighty Minis (8 starters, 4 finishers) get 20 minutes, whereas the Mighty Minis (19 cars) only get 15 minutes of racing. Could have run them all together and had two 15 minute races I would have thought. I wasn't there to watch procedings.
Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1250784)   #49
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although the grids were small and the racing was under two hours, it was a good day yesterday. Bloody cold and Brian was so going on but nice to see some proper racing again.