Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2005, 07:12 (Ref:1349311)   #26
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think of the current grid, MS, JPM, RB have established themselves a steady "reputation" as overtakers.

Of the younger generation, i believe Sato and Massa have good potential (in JPM-style) due to their rather "heck..let's just do it" approach to just try and try. They still look abit rough, but with more experience, would no doubt polish up even better.

Of course, as DonK said, half the moves are not captured by TV, hence it really doesnt give a good representation.
Old 7 Jul 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1349486)   #27
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Maybe, GTRbut i hate to say it but (other than Imola this year when he had a massive performance advantage) i can't remember MS being a particulaly deft overtaker? He's been so used to running away at the front he's forgotten how to take people on!

When the Red mist comes down JPM has no equal in this area 9 out of 10 times.

Alonso, Rubens, Kimi and i also think Massa can be pretty racy i'll accept, but the rest of them are useful speed merchants and can keep a car on the track but not excatly spectacular in the field of combat... Sato sometimes i think is a little out of his depth...

I'll venture that Montoya is up there with Gilles, Senna, Mansell, Rosberg and maybe Hakkinen, Alesi and a handful of others as THE guys you could look to as overtakers in the past couple of decades.
Old 7 Jul 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1349537)   #28
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber also passed Coulthart at Melbourne but then immediately pitted and DC regained the position.

Last edited by bestfit; 7 Jul 2005 at 12:31. Reason: spelling
Old 9 Jul 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1351213)   #29
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
The image of DC hitting the rail entering the pitlane with his Williams in 95 has made such an effect on me that I cannot refrain from reacting when I see his name used as a point of reference for controlled driving.
A bit harsh to go on judging him for something he did 10 years ago in which, I believe, was his rookie F1 season, Louis, so I'm assuming this was a 'tongue-in cheek' comment, and hence the shrug!