Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 3 Jan 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1494198)   #1
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hankook Formula-3-Grand Prix

I just read that this will happen in July at Eurospeedway Lausitz. It will be an international event like Zandvoort but it will take place on the oval. I heard that the last F3 race there was amazing, i hope many international teams participate in the event.
Old 3 Jan 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1494276)   #2
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope so...it could be really interesting!
Old 3 Jan 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1494352)   #3
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it certain yet that it will happen? Last thing I heard, a few days ago, was that it is not a done deal yet.
Old 3 Jan 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1494394)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
has it been established that f3 engines will last a weekend on an oval, or that they have adequate crash testing?
Old 3 Jan 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1494397)   #5
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well they raced on the oval last year, so i guess the answer is yes.
Old 3 Jan 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1494412)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd be interested to see whether it limited the life of the engine overall.

personally i'm (evidently!) not a huge fan of the idea, but that's from a slightly uneducated point of view.
Old 3 Jan 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1494425)   #7
flor
Veteran

What i heard is that everybody who participated was happy and the race was great too with up to 6 lead changes per lap and on the page was stated that the engines arent an issue.
Old 3 Jan 2006, 22:36 (Ref:1494436)   #8
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds great, I wish I'd caught some coverage of the Recaro F3 Cup round last year.

I'd like to see a similar thing at Rockingham (maybe a BF3 round?)... I've had little to draw me to our country's oval since the 2002 CART race.
Old 3 Jan 2006, 22:56 (Ref:1494452)   #9
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only the cleverest team/driver combination will win that race
Old 4 Jan 2006, 00:38 (Ref:1494487)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I doubt very much if it will happen. It's hard enough to find a slot for Zandvoort amongst all the other calendars.

The engines might well last, but there would be at least one extra rebuild as a result and that isn't cheap.
Old 4 Jan 2006, 07:22 (Ref:1494564)   #11
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with Lausitz at the moment is that they will do anything to stage races.
I too doubt that an F3 is built to race on an oval. It went well last year as all the drivers were the regular championship ones.
With an open event?
Old 16 Jan 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1502643)   #12
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
I doubt very much if it will happen. It's hard enough to find a slot for Zandvoort amongst all the other calendars.

The engines might well last, but there would be at least one extra rebuild as a result and that isn't cheap.
When you crash on a roadcircuit, you have a 80%chance of a max20%damage on the car. On a oval it is rather a 80%chance of a min80%damage. I think it is a risk which is out of proportion on the strained budgets which are common these days. Try to check out how much the car-insurance will cost, if you are considering to let the current crop of F3 hotshoes to race each other on an oval