Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:12 (Ref:1543256)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do people stop posting as often as they used to?

Heres my reason....

I have just been given a warning for posting a website name in the title of a thread I started. I have seen some strange bits of moderating in my time but this takes the biscuit. Trackdays.com show is the name of the show I was asking if people were attending, what should I call it? And you wonder why people prefer Atlas?? What would happen, can I ask if blahblah.co.uk became the series sponsor for the BTCC? Would we have to ignore that championship? How far do we take it? Could we not mention Von Dutch if they sponsored something because of their racist past? Or Nike for using sweatshop labour?

Pathetic!
Old 10 Mar 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1543274)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?f..._rules_website

"We do not allow website addresses in Thread Titles."

Our forum moderators are volunteers and give their time for free to support this website. As such is it impossible to check every single URL in thread titles or in signatures and to aid our moderators we decided to implement a blanket rule covering these.

If you wish to discuss a specific warning then please feel free to PM me.
Old 11 Mar 2006, 23:13 (Ref:1544015)   #3
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Our forum moderators are volunteers and give their time for free to support this website.
And if they are in need of guidance concerning the content, or intent, of a post, they are encouraged to check back with the poster - the procedure is 1.) ask questions, 2.) shoot. Incidentally, I don't "wish to discuss" this.
Old 12 Mar 2006, 09:08 (Ref:1544846)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Ewwwww, I'm oh so tempted to join in here. But
Old 12 Mar 2006, 22:30 (Ref:1545553)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see where your coming from ghinzani. I also don't post here oftern anymore but I've come to the conclusion that these are the rules, we may not agree with them but we should respect their decsion and go by them or expect the consquences...
I know quite a few people who used to be here don't post anymore and I feel the atmosphere is not what it used to be, at the end of the day, we are just any other user. Think of how many they get a day here.

Luke.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1547069)   #6
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just think there's less and less to talk about now with most topics there's always a link somewhere when it was discussed on a wet Thursday night in 1999 Maybe that demotivates people to start posts?

Parc Ferme has been unusually quiet.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1547106)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringcarnut
Parc Ferme has been unusually quiet.
Actually its getting a new post every few minutes. If you've got something to post go to it.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1547190)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Actually its getting a new post every few minutes. If you've got something to post go to it.
Yes, but there is a finite number of song titles and we must run out soon or at least when you leave Moscow.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 17:28 (Ref:1547286)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Possibly but there again, we could move this thread to pf.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 00:16 (Ref:1547628)   #10
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
http://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?f..._rules_website

"We do not allow website addresses in Thread Titles."
Whenever someone signs-up to this forum they agree to accepting the rules.
Don't like them? Don't sign-up.
Do accept them? Then go for it.

Just remember what you signed-up to...........simple really. (says he who's broken a rule or two before now!!! and got told-off for it)

If you don't like a rule then, as Magneton has stated, just ask and you never know what the outcome may be.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 07:31 (Ref:1547726)   #11
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a couple of thoughts:
1) Wherever you go , what ever environment you attend, after a while you always find someone who says "it's no more like before..." well it may be partially true but there is not always a problem of hamony loss. Some people quit because of private facts that prevent them from posting, by consequent those who particularly appreciated their presence miss them and find it hard to get so well with other members.
For instance, I miss alot blokes like Sato san, Knowlesy, ralf fan, who still post from time to time, but way less than in the past, and i seldom cross their posts. Nonetheless,
2) It doesn't make me say 10/10 is worse than before, because I always find good exchange of opinions and share moments of fun. I've been around this forum for some years and never received any warning albeit taking part to some polemic threads (like those about religion in PF).Getting along here is not that difficult indeed.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1548022)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't believe the rules have altered at all significantly over the years, so I don't see how anyone can complain when they break rules.

The forum is still alive and kicking. I regret losing some great members but we still have a largely great collection of people here with no real problems.

Try finding that kind of standard on other forums.
Old 18 Mar 2006, 17:41 (Ref:1551988)   #13
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One word for my lack of posting. GCSE's. Sometimes people move on, and sometimes people's circumstances change. So they either don't want to or can't post as much as they can. (For our non UK posters, GCSE's stand for General Certificates of Secondary Education. Basically I'm nearly out of compulsory education and have loads of exams)
Old 18 Mar 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1552008)   #14
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariFanatic
One word for my lack of posting. GCSE's.
you need say no more!! Just shows where your priorities are. Best of luck with them.