Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2010, 05:35 (Ref:2712368)   #101
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Many apologies for missing this year's gathering.

Likewise too I apologise for not attending, I got caught in trafic getting to the circuit and indeed MISSED the group C race as well!!!

not happy at the time, but i was my own fault.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2712410)   #102
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
I too didn't make it, but I did raise a "virtual" glass to you all from Arnage Corner at the appropriate time.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 08:28 (Ref:2712429)   #103
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I almost couldn't make it as I was stuck in traffic as well. In the end I could join a bit later but what a mess it was outside the circuit, it took us 45 minutes to drive from the Carrefour to Houx campsite! Missed the GP C race because of this as well.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 08:56 (Ref:2712448)   #104
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
For those that missed it, the 2010 was well attended 30 plus in total I think and a very international meeting, it even attracted the attention of the local newspaper, large quantities of wine were supplied by our wonderfull French memebers as well as copies of a french motoring magazine. the last two months copies of race car engineering were also supplied by Sam and these will make excellent reading in the next few weeks.
Old 15 Jun 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2712461)   #105
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I too missed both the Group C race and the meeting due to traffic getting into the circuit. 'Je suis desole' as they say but, in fairness, did leave in reasonable time but everything just came to a grinding halt.
It was probably due to the same 'incompetent' who brought everything to a standstill on the approach road, in the middle of Saturday night, by trying a three point turn in his 4x4 and getting completely wedged in the ditch.
Hope it was nobody here!
Apart from this, it was a great trip. Exciting race with lots going on (unless you were a Mansell fan!) and good interview with Claire Smith on RLM regarding 360MRC (well done for plugging both 10/10ths and the marshals).
The only disappointment was Tetre Rouge at dawn - all now floodlit and no atmosphere - why can't the ACO just leave some things alone
Old 15 Jun 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2712561)   #106
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
It was probably due to the same 'incompetent' who brought everything to a standstill on the approach road, in the middle of Saturday night, by trying a three point turn in his 4x4 and getting completely wedged in the ditch.
Hope it was nobody here!
Probably forced to turn around as a result of this 'incompetent' who binned 38 tonnes of poo into the ditch on the road from the Porsche Curves to Arnage. As he had passed Allon and I - walking from the village back to Arnage - a mere second earlier we were probably extremely fortunate that the only chassis to get twisted was the one on the truck... maybe a couple of seconds difference and both our chassis would have been severely twisted too!!

There really were very few good photo opportunities this year but I put a few up here including just a couple from our meet up. Good to see you all and thanks for the nice selection of wine! And the Racecar Engineering thing came in useful as a seat!!
Old 16 Jun 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2712909)   #107
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a fantastic race! My second Le Mans was quite an experience. Flooding tents to massive sunburn... only at Le Mans.

It was a pleasure meeting all of you again! Many thanks to Simon and Helen for having me over for lunch, and to Andrew and James for the pit visit! Apologies for not being able to meet up with you fellows in the night, I was really struggling with the battery in my phone and ended up missing your text. I guess I'll just have to explore some more next year!
Old 16 Jun 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2713182)   #108
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought it was an excellent meeting. Many thanks indeed to Eric, Pascal and Bernard, our fine hosts - and for their fine wine! Personal thanks from me to Pascal as well for my 25th 'anniversary' gift. It was a shame those who were held up didn't make it. I'll dig out the team pic shortly so we can start naming names!
Old 16 Jun 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2713185)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Here you go - start naming the names.......

Old 16 Jun 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2713210)   #110
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
right in the middle with the big smile and white hat it's Cristi aka eon .. and I'm not looking

was great meeting you all again and we had a few new faces too

PS .. loved the wines

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Jun 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2713214)   #111
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im at the back on the left in the wide brimmed hat. It was a real pleasure to meet at last! (first and last probably ) Many thanks to LeMansfan and danni for the great conversation and to Bernard and the others for the fantastic wine! I was buzzing for most of the afternoon on that!

I counted 24 people but that was after the wine so i could be wrong
Old 16 Jun 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2713370)   #112
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, it was a great moment. Excellent to prepare the race.I'm with the red jacket and blue cap, Eric.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 00:44 (Ref:2713472)   #113
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Really sorry I didn't make it now.....I will now write out a hundred lines of " I will NOT be late next year"

looks like it was a great success though so well done ALL !
Old 17 Jun 2010, 07:19 (Ref:2713545)   #114
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
Im at the back on the left in the wide brimmed hat.....

On the left......???
Old 17 Jun 2010, 07:55 (Ref:2713570)   #115
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just behind nobster and left of james

Ciao Marco
Old 17 Jun 2010, 08:45 (Ref:2713594)   #116
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I'm next to Eric ( Batmobile ) blue jacket with red collar.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 09:19 (Ref:2713608)   #117
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Face, right arm and wine visible just above Bernard, Helen(elavial) to my right, her friend Tara just behind her.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2713846)   #118
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
On the left......???
As in my looking out of the photo Obviously on the right as you look at it
Old 17 Jun 2010, 20:54 (Ref:2713961)   #119
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm...... oh hang on Dad beat me to it!
Old 18 Jun 2010, 06:45 (Ref:2714146)   #120
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Was looking at the site of Le maine libre today searching for the photo of our group meeting, taken by the french photogapher, but could not find it.
Maybe Pascalm or batmobile have seen it somewhere in a newspaper?
Old 18 Jun 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2714425)   #121
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Was looking at the site of Le maine libre today searching for the photo of our group meeting, taken by the french photogapher, but could not find it.
Maybe Pascalm or batmobile have seen it somewhere in a newspaper?
for sure it was not on the sunday edition
Old 18 Jun 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2714428)   #122
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, so whose ugly mug was deemed unsuitable for publication then.....?
Old 18 Jun 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2714430)   #123
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
BTW, I'm down in the middle of the firt row with the black sweatshirt
my buddy Dominique is on the rear right with the dark blue cap
Old 18 Jun 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2714467)   #124
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We didn't think to ask this photographer's press card !

I'm on the right with the light blue shirt. Vincent is standing in front.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2714633)   #125
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, I think I can identify everyone except one person tucked away between the heads of GT6 and Mal.

In terms of roll call therefore, subject to perhaps one missing name -

Craig
Aysedasi
Tony
Tara
Elaviel
DownFOrce
KPY
GT6
Mal
BernardB
Sam Collins