Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Mar 2024, 10:40 (Ref:4202228)   #751
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think my point really is this.

We get told and it's obvious this a team sport, this guy looks like he might be a difficult guy to like or get on with, he seems over emotional.

I may be wrong, but he seems somehow able to have hissy fits in the pits even in car yet it does no affect his driving, it clearly does in FE, but not here, that is amazing self control in my eyes, as he is clearly able to detach his emotion from his driving, something few can really do.

But I do think he must be a difficult person to like as, a team mate, more one to tolerate for his ability, speed and experience
Old Yesterday, 12:51 (Ref:4206531)   #752
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...-wec/10603418/

Gazoo Toyota Racing/ Not Toyota Gazoo Racing/ Racing Toyota Gazoo/ Toyota Gazoo Racing but the car is painted white and red evaluating entering a "privateer" effort with "no links" to the factory in the future
At least hotels will be making a profit!
Old Yesterday, 14:09 (Ref:4206539)   #753
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Leupen replied: "How many cars does Porsche run? How many cars does Ferrari run? So why should we not run three?"
Typical Toyota-answer, I'm not surprised one bit. Mr Leupen, difference is that Porsche are having true customer cars and the fact that Ferrari are already cheating doesn't mean you should be allowed too. I really hope for next year factory cars in disguise are banned to save slots for true privateers.
Old Yesterday, 14:09 (Ref:4206540)   #754
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post

Gazoo Toyota Racing/ Not Toyota Gazoo Racing/ Racing Toyota Gazoo/ Toyota Gazoo Racing but the car is painted white and red evaluating entering a "privateer" effort with "no links" to the factory in the future
Interesting that they think it would be impossible for them to have another car next season for their own logistics.

Quote:
The lead time involved in building an additional car and setting up the infrastructure to run it would make it impossible for a third GR010 to arrive in the WEC in 2025, explained Leupen.
I would have thought it would be impossible for grid space reasons, and would imagine Toyota could build up spares and personnel by next March??
Old Yesterday, 15:55 (Ref:4206558)   #755
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post

Here for this. Bring TOM's/SARD/Rookie along for the ride and have the car run in Toyota classic LeMans Liveries. YES!!!!!

The idea of the GR010 overlapping with the Hydrogen car is also intriguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Typical Toyota-answer, I'm not surprised one bit. Mr Leupen, difference is that Porsche are having true customer cars and the fact that Ferrari are already cheating doesn't mean you should be allowed too. I really hope for next year factory cars in disguise are banned to save slots for true privateers.

Well, the precedent has been set hasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Interesting that they think it would be impossible for them to have another car next season for their own logistics.

I would have thought it would be impossible for grid space reasons, and would imagine Toyota could build up spares and personnel by next March??

If you look at it, the grid is currently 37 cars. Plus two Astons and one more of each Lambo, Isotta and Caddy. "That's 42 cars" you say, but how about the idea that two 963s go away because Jota takes over the factory Caddy effort? That's your 40 cars next year. I'm sure by 2026 they'll find space for an extra two cars (TOM's Toyota, 2nd Proton). Wonder if we'll see a bid for a McLaren LMDH pair by then? Hyundai hydrogen cars? I wouldn't mind seeing a Vanwall and a customer Glick back by that time. Can the grid take 46 hypercars eventually? Or who might be the first manufacturer team to fold on their "pillar of laziness" after results aren't forthcoming?
Old Yesterday, 16:07 (Ref:4206561)   #756
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I swear we hear these Toyota 3rd car rumors every year
Old Yesterday, 18:21 (Ref:4206568)   #757
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Well, the precedent has been set hasn't it?
Yes but it can still be banned before too much damage is made. Soon every manufacturer serious about sportscar racing will want three hypercars, leaving 0 room for true privateers. And "this hybrid is too complex for a privateer to run" is kinda hillarious because they literally admit that since (true) privateers "can't" run their cars, those are in fact factory efforts in disguise.
Old Yesterday, 18:31 (Ref:4206569)   #758
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The too many cars problem! When will they learn?
Old Today, 10:45 (Ref:4206631)   #759
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Astonishing isn't it. We don't need a high performance time machine to go back to two Toyotas, two privateer Glicks and a grandfathered Rebellion.... Time flies.....
Old Today, 11:46 (Ref:4206635)   #760
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
That's a bit harsh, we're all aware of how privateers have often (always?) pulled the ACO through the lean times when the manufacturers go away. It's fair to ask that privateers are not ignored when the going is good.

However, it is clear that the ACO firmly see LMP2 as the place for privateers going forwards, leaving LMH to factory efforts, official or otherwise, with "super-teams" as the only exceptions. They think that they have put enough in place to keep a steady level of manufacturer involvement.