Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 May 2009, 09:02 (Ref:2457777)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
(Oh,and my girl says to give you "the stare" when I see you. )
You'd better hope I don't decide to give you a 'hug and a kiss' to send back to her!

Old 8 May 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2457784)   #52
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN View Post
......it'll teach my Dad for not regestering on the forum despite me telling him too many times........

Hopefully we'll make the other meeting this year.
Actually, you have inadvertently raised another issue which I've been considering over the last few days. If we do this again next year, I think a minimum number of posts in order to qualify as a contributing 10Tenths member would not be unreasonable. A 50 post minimum (which is the figure I had in mind) would work out at just one post per week over the course of a year for a new member starting from scratch.

And yes, let's hope you can both make the Saturday meeting this year. It would be good to meet up with you and your Dad again. Then again, if all the disappointed 'Friday guests' turn up and give me 'the stare', I may need to make a speedy (excuse the pun) exit!
Old 8 May 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2457812)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
No, he doesn't post much Dani.........kick his butt and tell him to get posting before someone calls foul!

Anyway, undoz replaces The Real DMN and we'll very much look forward to meeting up with the two of you again this year.

He did of course get to the Tenths meeting last year.......

Third from Left
Old 8 May 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2457814)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Actually, you have inadvertently raised another issue which I've been considering over the last few days. If we do this again next year, I think a minimum number of posts in order to qualify as a contributing 10Tenths member would not be unreasonable. A 50 post minimum (which is the figure I had in mind) would work out at just one post per week over the course of a year for a new member starting from scratch.

Hurrah! I think I may just qualify then......

I think that's a sensible idea though too.
Old 8 May 2009, 10:10 (Ref:2457822)   #55
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
He did of course get to the Tenths meeting last year.......

Third from Left
Absolutely..........my comment was tongue in cheek, I hope it wasn't misconstrued.
Old 8 May 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2457892)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, I'm sure not - it's far to difficult a word to even spell, let alone apply.......
Old 8 May 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2458003)   #57
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You'd better hope I don't decide to give you a 'hug and a kiss' to send back to her!

Old 11 May 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2459865)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Spoke to some of the guys in the speedy pit on friday at spa they seemed very friendly, the older chap that seemed in charge was expecting big things from the team and the LMP2 certainly delivered, the LMP1 was fast but had problems.
Old 11 May 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2459895)   #59
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Spoke to some of the guys in the speedy pit on friday at spa they seemed very friendly, the older chap that seemed in charge was expecting big things from the team and the LMP2 certainly delivered, the LMP1 was fast but had problems.
Yep, the P2 certainly delivered. Congrats are definitely in order, especially after all the 'overtime' those guys have had to put in over the past fortnight!
Old 11 May 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2460430)   #60
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you very much for the invitation, doesn't matter for the guests, they knew the allocating conditions.
Old 16 May 2009, 09:49 (Ref:2463338)   #61
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Bernard, Dominique and Pascal are yet to confirm, but the places allocated to them will remain so until I have heard from them one way or the other. These are very special friends of 10Tenths and I insist we extend this courtesy to them.
PascaLM and bernard b, you may not have been following this thread, but if you happen to read this in the next couple of days, I wonder if you could let me know if you'd like to take up the places I've provisionally reserved for you both (and Dominique).

Thanks guys!
Old 17 May 2009, 22:40 (Ref:2464198)   #62
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Hi guys, Any idea what time the pitwalk will be. We arrive fairly late on Friday... but you never know. And how big is the reserve list?

Thanks

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 18 May 2009, 07:33 (Ref:2464328)   #63
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
Hi guys, Any idea what time the pitwalk will be. We arrive fairly late on Friday... but you never know. And how big is the reserve list?

Thanks
On friday the pit lane is open most of the afternoon and evening.

The reserbe list is now down to 4 cars but the 22nd is the last day that cars from the list will be able to replace withdrawn cars, well unless the ACO makes an exception which it has done before.
Old 18 May 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2464333)   #64
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he's talking about a different reserve list
coug .. if you're arriving friday evening .. I sugest go straight to the parade ..

Ciao Marco
Old 18 May 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2464643)   #65
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Just checked... only getting to circuit around 8pm barring any diversions.. So might even miss the parade I think.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 18 May 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2464667)   #66
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a shame .. make sure next year you get there by thursday

Ciao Marco
Old 18 May 2009, 17:47 (Ref:2464696)   #67
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Will see how much I like it this year *hides*

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 18 May 2009, 18:51 (Ref:2464730)   #68
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
There is always plenty happening on the friday evening, if you go to the houx roundabout the lunatic fringe are usually displaying and the by the very drunk audience are always egging on anyone driving in or out to burn rubber, there are always a few special sights aswell like the motorised settee or the galleon from last year.

Most of the larger campsites will have numerous fireworks and then there are the more organised parties, the largest is always the Drinking for Holland which is usually to be found on Maison Blanche but may have moved this year, try the piston heads website for more details.
Old 18 May 2009, 20:25 (Ref:2464792)   #69
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post

Most of the larger campsites will have numerous fireworks and then there are the more organised parties, the largest is always the Drinking for Holland which is usually to be found on Maison Blanche but may have moved this year, try the piston heads website for more details.
Just for the record, there will not be a Drinking for Holland party this year.
Old 19 May 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2464983)   #70
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
USEFUL INFORMATION

Now that the scrutineering schedule and pit garage allocations have been published by the ACO.........

Speedy Racing Team Sebah are due at scrutineering in the Place des Jacobins on Tuesday 9th June at 14:50 (#33) and 15:00 (#33).

Their pit garage allocations are adjacent and towards the centre of the pitlane, garage 20 (#13) and 21 (#33).
Old 21 May 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2466595)   #71
miguel1810
Rookie

United Kingdom
Just down from the Dunlop Bridge
miguel1810 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello??? Are there any place left for visiting the Speedy Racing Garage?? I'm in Le Mans from Monday with my 72 year Old Dad and would like to be included if there is room of course... Being a newbie I guess I may have missed the boat on this one... Will check back later to see if anyone can confirm or deny entry....
Old 21 May 2009, 20:01 (Ref:2466688)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
USEFUL INFORMATION

Now that the scrutineering schedule and pit garage allocations have been published by the ACO.........

WHERE?????
Old 21 May 2009, 22:04 (Ref:2466775)   #73
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
WHERE?????
I see you found it......and yes, very strange the ACO haven't loaded the the document showing pit allocations on their site.
Old 21 May 2009, 22:06 (Ref:2466776)   #74
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Received a lengthy communication from Bart Hayden yesterday. Expect an informative post from me in the morning.
Old 22 May 2009, 08:44 (Ref:2466919)   #75
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I finally managed to read this thread

thnks again James for providing us such opportunities
as a "non VIP group", we get access to VIP features, and that's priceless

of course we'll join with Dominique, even if I'm afraid he won't join us on saturday, due to familly matters

it's always nice seeing you there, and no doubt this year will be the same