Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Mar 2008, 16:35 (Ref:2159710)   #1
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Silverstone Britcar 22nd March

I'd just like to say a big thank you, on behalf of the clerking team and everyone at Britcar, for sticking with us during the apalling weather yesterday. The conditions were dreadful but we just managed to beat the 6 pm curfew and a number of the drivers asked us to convey their gratitude and to say how much they admired your efforts. Sorry about the delay in providing the soup at lunchtime but we did extend the break for as long as we could to allow everybody to thaw out.
Britcar will be back in July so please don't be put off - I confidently predict it won't snow then!
Old 23 Mar 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2159907)   #2
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks John. Even though I resembled an orange snowman at times, I enjoyed the meeting and the drivers behaved themselves too.
Old 23 Mar 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2159944)   #3
BeeJ
Racer

England
Coventry UK
BeeJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes thanks John. It hammered home how much I must still enjoy marshaling after yesterday and to still come away after such awful conditions and still thinking to myself I enjoyed that. The hot soup was appreciated and certainly hit a spot.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 12:55 (Ref:2162014)   #4
rotorboy
Rookie

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
rotorboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks John, appreciate the soup gesture and also the extra ten minutes lunch to allow for the delay in getting it served! Was a bit nippy on post, yes, but with eight layers on I didn't really notice...
See you in July for free ice creams...