Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Apr 2001, 15:53 (Ref:83605)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Ok browsing back over the last few auto actions..i was wondering what peoples thoughts on the Reverend Limiter's ramblings.

I also notice he joined ten tenths a while back but has never posted.

I like some of the stuff he writes and am jealous that he got to try out Digital Tv for the Adelaide event.

but at first he just used to write into the flat chat section and from there he has gone onto a whole colum for himself.

who is this masked man??
is he really a reverend??
is that really him in the helemt picture in AA??

why hasnt he posted here??

and most important ..is he any good and do you agree with what he says ?
Old 22 Apr 2001, 17:22 (Ref:83633)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I like the Rev. His opinions are fresh and interesting because they are just coming from an honest race fan like you and I.

I've had a few letters in Auto Action as well and won the letter of the week mid last year.(Sorry just blowing my own trumpet)

Last edited by Buckshot; 22 Apr 2001 at 17:25.
Old 22 Apr 2001, 20:55 (Ref:83742)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Firstly, from what I'm told he aint a reverend

Apparently he was onced involved with the V8 circus in some way, shape or form, doing what....I don't know. He floats around the net a fair bit, come on sir, join our gathering
Old 23 Apr 2001, 04:04 (Ref:83893)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
sorry people, i didnt hang around the v8 forum much when it was with the other touring car classes, so i have got no idea what the who the reverend was, is or what he stood for....
Old 23 Apr 2001, 04:07 (Ref:83895)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He writes a column in Auto Action every week.

He's normally 2 or so pages from the back.
Old 23 Apr 2001, 23:25 (Ref:84202)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hear he recently gave the Historic Touring Cars a huge wrap after the Oran Park Konica V8 races. Did anyone see that article?
Old 24 Apr 2001, 00:38 (Ref:84229)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sure did- loved 'em, and he was dead right about their racing value...fantastic stuff.
Old 24 Apr 2001, 00:52 (Ref:84233)   #8
Kartracer
Rookie

Kartracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rev seems OK and I agree with most of the stuff in the passed but I wish he did more "homework" some times. In the same article he bags Oran Park (Oh dear Oran Park) for the way it advertised (BE Therrrrreeee) the Konica round (he has a point about that!) and that Wakefield Park "went to more trouble to entertain spectators in between races with burnouts and aerial displays".
Well I can not comment about the burnouts but I an sure OP organized an aerial display as I was racing at Eastern Creek Kart track that day and totally enjoyed the display put on by the MiG who's pilot was obviously at the WRONG track. The big track was empty and it was just us Karters racing at our track "up the top of the hill"
Just my 2.2c worth (inc GST)
Old 24 Apr 2001, 02:19 (Ref:84259)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
there was an aerial display at Winton last year and it was totally awesome..the whole crowd was mesmarized by it and even when the V8's came onto the track to race no one even looked at them..in fact we were all screaming to let the plane finish its routine..I think it was the best entertainment I have ever seen at a race meeting.
Old 24 Apr 2001, 04:57 (Ref:84298)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
That's like the Gold Coast Indy...people jerk their necks around looking for planes that are behind buildings .

Actually one year Hiro Matsu****a was really freaked out by the jets as they flew over, and he ended his race after 2 or 3 laps- coincidence?
Old 26 Jun 2004, 04:08 (Ref:1016536)   #11
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I keep looking at therubbish that keeps getting written by this bloke and it just confirmes that Auto Fiction is not the serious paper it makes it's self out to be'
Old 26 Jun 2004, 04:13 (Ref:1016539)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
wow , this come from a way back , CB you feeling a little nostalgic of late ?

I havent bought AA for almost 3 years now so is he still doing his column for them ?
Old 26 Jun 2004, 04:15 (Ref:1016541)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flaming heck, couldnt you find an older thread?

I think its important for someone in AA to be topical, and to venture opinions and thoughts. The Ed generally cant because he is trying to stay friends with everyone, so sometimes the less savoury things end up with the nom de plume.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Jun 2004, 04:23 (Ref:1016545)   #14
Ross Palmer
Rookie

Ross Palmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He,s a good guy he says it as he sees it,without any of the PR spin or political correctness ,which I am sure we all can see through,but endure anyway!
Old 26 Jun 2004, 04:28 (Ref:1016549)   #15
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He also seems to have A LOT of inside knowledge on the topics he writes about.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 04:31 (Ref:1016551)   #16
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Flaming heck, couldnt you find an older thread?
He doesnt deserve a new one.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 07:33 (Ref:1016600)   #17
prn 31
Racer

prn 31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR has just informed me about this thread about our mutual friend, so here's is two cents worth.

I consider myself a good friend of the Rev, indeed I took him out to his first historic meeting at Eastern Creek just last week. He found it a real eye-opener.

Its true he started out writing letters to the Ed and went from there to his Reverend Limiter column. However don't be fooled, the Rev is a professional freelance writer, using his real name to byline features in a number of motoring publications.

He had inside knowledge because he works in the business and has plenty of contacts. He's not afraid to say it as he sees and has got into plenty of hot water over it, indeed Ingall was gunning for him a couple of years ago. He has been on the recieving end of a number of pretty stern phone calls. Indeed he stells a godd story, which I don't think the Rev will mind me repeating:

Remember when the Rev gave Skaife an earful about guest commentating at the Queensland 500 a couple of years back (when his car spat an engine.) Picture this, The Rev is about to give his new born son his first bath. The phone rings and he takes the call, with baby still in arm. "Mark Skaife here, what the &@#! was the idea behind your column blah, blah blah ..." Number one son was quickly handed over to mother and the conversation continued, with the Rev giving as much as he was getting, but it a diplomatic manner.

Yes, like any good journalists, he scans the forums, but he also scans the timesheets (and unlike forums) they never lie. As a result he brings some useful analysis to the table to counteract the usual PR spin that is part and parcel of professional motorsport.

As for colinbond, I'm sure it doesn't come as much surprise that the Rev hasn't got much time for you either ....
Old 26 Jun 2004, 07:40 (Ref:1016603)   #18
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by prn 31
As for colinbond, I'm sure it doesn't come as much surprise that the Rev hasn't got much time for you either ....
I am shattered I don't know what I will do now it's just not worth going on

Reading the Rev comments on anyone but the top 32 drivers in the sport it became very obvious that what was being written was well excedingly ordinary
Old 26 Jun 2004, 08:22 (Ref:1016625)   #19
Woody75
Racer

Woody75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoy the his columm, refreshing and funny though sometimes he i dont agree.

Ya need guys like this to shake the boat or else life can be kinda boring
Old 26 Jun 2004, 09:20 (Ref:1016640)   #20
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rev's a top bloke and I can't even find a retailer that sells Auto Action in NZ....a subtle hint to them that continually goes unheeded and unheard.

Last edited by Just Do It!; 26 Jun 2004 at 09:22.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 08:23 (Ref:1017238)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All in all he does write some pretty ordinary stuff, but you can't please everyone. My biggest harp is more the constant taxi orientation with Auto Action, not only the reverend
Old 27 Jun 2004, 08:36 (Ref:1017246)   #22
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I stopped reading AA at the begginig of this year, I think the Rev and Matt Oxley were the only decent journos left in the place

MNews on the other hand, is a gift from God, every second Wednesday
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 09:05 (Ref:1017264)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by 00 XR8
MNews on the other hand, is a gift from God, every second Wednesday
Mr Branagan will print this thread and show the boys that he was right about being god all along
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Jun 2004, 09:32 (Ref:1017273)   #24
Woody75
Racer

Woody75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the time we get Motorsport news at my local newsagent its already ten days old!!!!!!!! so AA is my only avenue for news we get that 2 days after it comes out
Old 27 Jun 2004, 10:12 (Ref:1017285)   #25
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But AA gets all its stories from these forums