Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Feb 2020, 22:16 (Ref:3959460)   #26
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am not sure why there is no race thread .... even though I am watching the race, I enjoy the commentary here, too ...... and in the U.S. only the first and last hours are televised , so .....

As far as it being "an exciting show" I don't buy it .... only endurance-racing die-hards are going to enjoy a race with very little door-to-door racing for six hours, I think.

Personally I am thrilled to see Rebellion actually having a chance for an overall victory .... in what is sadly their last season.

Pretty good coverage, IMO .... because online it is commercial-free. If this were televised, we'd be getting the usual three minutes of random shots, three minutes of commercials ....
Old 23 Feb 2020, 22:20 (Ref:3959461)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had a couple of hours away. I’m surprised to see the 8 close enough it leads for a but when the Rebellion pits.

7 with a bit of smoke at the stops. Team say no problem.
Old 23 Feb 2020, 22:22 (Ref:3959462)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lets be honest, we say this isn't close, but endurance racing has been pretty spread out for decades. Compared to say, a race in the 90s, this is close. Not saying it's good, but it's not that the most dominant display in the world.

Not a great race but better than nothing.

Enjoying the WEC commentary team today. Been good.
Old 23 Feb 2020, 22:31 (Ref:3959464)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I am not sure why there is no race thread ....
There is now
Old 23 Feb 2020, 22:43 (Ref:3959466)   #30
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Lets be honest, we say this isn't close, but endurance racing has been pretty spread out for decades. Compared to say, a race in the 90s, this is close. Not saying it's good, but it's not that the most dominant display in the world.

Not a great race but better than nothing.

Enjoying the WEC commentary team today. Been good.
I am and endurance-racing fan, so for me to see two cars within 30 seconds, it is pretty close ... and with Toyota having the fuel economy edge, this is positively a nail-biter.

I think much of the TV audience for motorsports might prefer more "action" .... but there have actually been some really good battle s so far.

I surely am, not complaining. I love this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I am not sure why there is no race thread .... .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
There is now
Thanks.
Old 23 Feb 2020, 23:18 (Ref:3959469)   #31
Maelochs
Veteran

Now it's on.
Old 23 Feb 2020, 23:30 (Ref:3959471)   #32
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Rebellion stop will be short, but the Toyota stop won't be full length either. That's going to be super tight.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 00:03 (Ref:3959474)   #33
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
That last stint by Rebellion was surprising. Somehow fast and saved fuel. Surprised they didn't slow to cut a lap off.

Menezes final stint was impressive.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 00:04 (Ref:3959475)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Awesome to see Rebellion finally building a car to win races vs Toyota! Congrats!
Old 24 Feb 2020, 00:06 (Ref:3959476)   #35
Maelochs
Veteran

Good race, close finishes in all classes, and best of all ... Rebellion!!!!!
Old 24 Feb 2020, 01:50 (Ref:3959483)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Easy peasy in the end. I thought they might need to stop, but no.

Some fun elsewhere. Good drive by UA to get back up there. And Aston all the way in the GT.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 11:38 (Ref:3959530)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice to see Rebellion win. With them leaving the series at the end of the season, it’s good to go out in style
Old 24 Feb 2020, 11:52 (Ref:3959531)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder if Rebellion are wishing they hadn't pulled the plug....?
Old 24 Feb 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3959549)   #39
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I wonder if Rebellion are wishing they hadn't pulled the plug....?
I also wonder what SMP think, having quit because there was no hope of winning, right before ACO made it certain privateers would each get a turn on the top step of the podium.
Old 24 Feb 2020, 12:43 (Ref:3959550)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well watched the last few hours this morning, great result for rebellion, and for Aston.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 03:12 (Ref:3959686)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And the champagne spraying was gold.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 03:24 (Ref:3959687)   #42
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You are all entitle to your opinion and views but i just dont get the excitement. Only reason Rebellion won was because Toyota are running at like 90% of their performance, for me it feels very fake.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 06:35 (Ref:3959697)   #43
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
You are all entitle to your opinion and views but i just dont get the excitement. Only reason Rebellion won was because Toyota are running at like 90% of their performance, for me it feels very fake.
You're not wrong, but that's the case for every sportscar class right now isn't it? DPi, GT3, GTD, GTLM, GTE-Pro, GTE-Am, GT4. Every single class is running to a BoP. Not a single class gives you an accurate representation of what team or car is doing the best job. LMP1 might be a more extreme version of that, but it's the same idea.

Similarly, you could say that mashing Toyota and Rebellion into the same class is a joke anyway given they're built on different technical regulations designed for different things, so there's absolutely no way a Rebellion could beat a Toyota without this BoP.

I agree with you a Rebellion couldn't beat a Toyota. But I also know if we stopped BoPing things then we'd see wildly different results in other series. So are they all fake?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 16:00 (Ref:3959784)   #44
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes they are. Except for historics, Group CN and some club stuff

And technically LMP2 and LMP3 but I don't want to give extra credit to spec classes
Old 26 Feb 2020, 04:04 (Ref:3959933)   #45
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I prefer non-bop, but it's hard to find in a series that I like. Super GT is about the closest it gets but they have success ballast and fuel flow restrictions after top finishes too.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 18:48 (Ref:3960047)   #46
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
BoP or EoT or success handicap or whatever is creating disparity even between equal cars. Only reason to follow LMP1 race was to see if one of the cars had an issue that could alter the result.