Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Aug 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1381942)   #1
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Daniels Motorsport and Andy Neate to enter Brands

http://www.btccpages.com/news/NewsSt...&ArticleID=380

Another addition to the series, a one-time Production Class and SEAT Cupra driver, as a precursor to 2006, although presumably they will look to get something newer than the ex-Bentwood 2003-spec Vauxhall.
Old 14 Aug 2005, 17:50 (Ref:1382026)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I don't want to sound immediately negative but I hope they have a decent sponsorship package. Neate's Production class career lasted one meeting due to lack of a budget and his SEAT Cupra didn't do much better.
Old 14 Aug 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1382062)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmmm, something must be done to actually get this 'Class B' category somehow made official so that it can have a leader.

'Independant' doesn't seem to cut it since WSR & Team Dynamics have successfully threatened to take the title this and last year (most likely this year of course).
Old 14 Aug 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1382070)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Hmmm, something must be done to actually get this 'Class B' category somehow made official so that it can have a leader.

'Independant' doesn't seem to cut it since WSR & Team Dynamics have successfully threatened to take the title this and last year (most likely this year of course).
In example: Independant drivers cannot score points for overal championship?
Old 14 Aug 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1382150)   #5
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
theres quite a big gap now between true privateers like proctor and big indy teams like wsr isnt there, doesnt seem fair, they've got to win races to figure well in any championship!
Old 14 Aug 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1382179)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Of course they can Fire. The thing is that they don't have any standings of their own to compete for, no specific prize to take. The relative championship positiosn of Williams, Proctor and co are determined more by which of them finished ahead in the races whre less than 10 of the 11 faster cars finished, rather than their performances against ech other as such.
Old 14 Aug 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1382233)   #7
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Of course they can Fire. The thing is that they don't have any standings of their own to compete for, no specific prize to take. The relative championship positiosn of Williams, Proctor and co are determined more by which of them finished ahead in the races whre less than 10 of the 11 faster cars finished, rather than their performances against ech other as such.
Recollection...when Neal was rubbing with the big boys and being knocked out on occassion in the Nissan, meant he wasn't always able to look after the independants champion...e.g. 1998, when Tommy Rustad and his team mate Gravett beat him in the independants championship...even though Matt was the highest 'running' independant overall.

Of course, nowadays...TD are way too far ahead for that to happen again.
Old 14 Aug 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1382290)   #8
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
I don't want to sound immediately negative but I hope they have a decent sponsorship package. Neate's Production class career lasted one meeting due to lack of a budget and his SEAT Cupra didn't do much better.
Backing from "lads mag" Nuts I believe.
Old 14 Aug 2005, 23:13 (Ref:1382322)   #9
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves
Backing from "lads mag" Nuts I believe.
So thats another sponsor GA/Stefan Hodgetts has lost.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1383555)   #10
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not really as he's been running with Nuts backing in the Fiesta championship this year.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1383602)   #11
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
So thats another sponsor GA/Stefan Hodgetts has lost.

Well its not really suprising with all the delays going on.
Old 16 Aug 2005, 13:52 (Ref:1383654)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Or does the lack of sponsorship cause the delays? Or did they simply choose more prominent sponsorship placings on a front-running car in a smaller championship (perhaps for less money) than a side-reference on a midfield car?
Old 16 Aug 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1384046)   #13
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
I'm sure that during the Snetterton TV coverage i heard the commentators mention that TDs first race results had sealed the Indpendent's Team championship for them. So there does seem to be something for them to compete for. Of course, TD are romping everything still......
Old 18 Aug 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1385506)   #14
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dynamics are achieving so much against the works teams that they probably won't really care about that. In only becomes important for the teams such as Fast-Tec, who need some achievement to woo potential sponsors with.

Nice to see another car for Brands, and perhaps for 2006, although to be honest I'll beliee it when I see it.