Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jan 2002, 14:57 (Ref:196011)   #1
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2002 Entry List

David Legangneux has posted a speculative entry list, not sure where it came from but it looks good and could act as a form of dicussion and make June seem ever closer!!

http://lmspm.ifrance.com/lmspm/24auto02/engages.htm
Old 9 Jan 2002, 15:23 (Ref:196030)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SEVENTY FIVE!!!

I know it will be cut down but that isnt bad!!! Could be the biggest field in a long time!!!

Also the GT class looks a bit more interesting with BMW, Ferrari and Porsche.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 18:50 (Ref:196164)   #3
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are missing the Cadillacs.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 19:23 (Ref:196182)   #4
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some interesting ?? marks. With a good assortment of cars. 5 Audi's makes you tend to think at least 1 will be there at the end leading the race.

We must be due sunny weather after last year.

Here's to June 2002, hope I can make it!

SL
Old 9 Jan 2002, 22:18 (Ref:196297)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
SEVENTY FIVE!!!

I know it will be cut down but that isnt bad!!! Could be the biggest field in a long time!!!
Don't get too excited (yet) Paul, the ACO usually get 70+ entry applications, once all the forms are in. You won't have more than the now standard 48 starters.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 22:25 (Ref:196298)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I see we have the potential for FOUR WR's?

Well that will really get the crowds flocking to Le Mans, won't it......

Seriously, I've bookmarked this page. David Legangneux is pretty close to the action with the ACO and whilst I suspect there is quite a bit of fiction in this list (there always is, I used to start compiling my own lists every January, so I know!), it's a very useful resource which can be checked back on from time to time.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 9 Jan 2002 at 22:28.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 22:28 (Ref:196300)   #7
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
H16: the Cadillacs are on there!!!!
Old 9 Jan 2002, 22:29 (Ref:196301)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Re: 2002 Entry List

Quote:
Originally posted by Abs
David Legangneux has posted a speculative entry list
How did you come by the URL for this, by the way, Abs? Maison Blanche?
Old 9 Jan 2002, 22:42 (Ref:196304)   #9
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I see we have the potential for FOUR WR's?

NICE i love that car/team. i wish pug would put more money into wr team ... and one team using a mazda 4-rotor!

about the dyeson r8 ... dont count on it. i remember reading somewhere that audi is too controlling over their cars for their likings ...

Last edited by Es Nes; 9 Jan 2002 at 22:45.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 23:34 (Ref:196333)   #10
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: 2002 Entry List

Quote:

How did you come by the URL for this, by the way, Abs? Maison Blanche?

Powermite, had posted the URL for it at the Club Arnage site.
Old 10 Jan 2002, 00:23 (Ref:196342)   #11
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Es Nes is right, four WRs is a very fine thing indeed. After Bentley, they got the next biggest reception at the close of LeMans '01. Two nights before, I was enthralled to see showers of sparks coming from their pit, welding or grinding I know not. It was a real Osella moment, a local team who only do this race, the most important in the world, and their car is in need of some kind of serious metalwork at the last moment! You have to love a team like that.
Other than that, if the mrotary engine, the Lotus and the Spykers make it we are in for some fun at the Osella end of the grid!
Old 10 Jan 2002, 00:38 (Ref:196351)   #12
Es Nes
Veteran

i really hope all 4 cars make it in. last year only one was allowed in but it still made it across the finish line
Old 10 Jan 2002, 08:22 (Ref:196410)   #13
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't that car actually set on the pole for Le Mans in 1995?

It isn't on the pace of any other proto but they do have some decent relability.
Old 10 Jan 2002, 18:57 (Ref:196694)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes
i really hope all 4 cars make it in. last year only one was allowed in but it still made it across the finish line
Hmmm. Sorry, can't go along with that one. I certainly endorse the comments, Osella's particularly, about the financially challenged minnows taking on the big boys at their own game (and lets give credit where it's due, WR (and WM before that) have been doing it for years), but 4 cars out of 48 starters? That's quite a big percentage and would mean other entries being dropped in favour of the WRs. Despite the French involvement, I don't see the ACO granting entries to all 4.

And yes, the WR's had the front row to themselves in 1995.
Old 10 Jan 2002, 23:21 (Ref:196828)   #15
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

did anyone else notice the GT 550 Ferrari? Any idea if the car will be racing anywhere else in europe?
Attached Thumbnails
550 gt.jpg  
Old 10 Jan 2002, 23:26 (Ref:196833)   #16
Es Nes
Veteran

Quote:

but 4 cars out of 48 starters? That's quite a big percentage and would mean other entries being dropped in favour of the WRs. Despite the French involvement, I don't see the ACO granting entries to all 4.
4 less porsche gt cars, no big loss there ...
Old 11 Jan 2002, 10:33 (Ref:196947)   #17
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
...I suspect there is quite a bit of fiction in this list (there always is, I used to start compiling my own lists every January, so I know!), it's a very useful resource which can be checked back on from time to time.
Yeah, I read hardly any French, but I get the impression a fair bit of this list's content is rather more "presumable" rather than "confirmed".

It'd be an improvement if half list list made it to reality though, having the BMW M3s at GT, Lotus GTP at GTP, etc will make for a better pack than in recent times.

I'd like to see an end to classifications in which only one manufacturer is entered (especially if only one team). Anything stale should be shaken up a bit by new faces!

It seems Bentley now have Lotus to beat, as well as the Audis ahead of them. Bentley have definitely confirmed their entry plans but have not yet updated their Team Bentley Website. :confused: I wish they'd replace it with a sensible one!
Old 11 Jan 2002, 13:14 (Ref:196996)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Es Nes

4 less porsche gt cars, no big loss there ...
You're assuming that it will be GT's bumped from the list - not a safe assumption. The WR's run in LMP675, so that is probably where cars would be lost if all 4 WR's were to be invited to the Test Day.
Old 12 Jan 2002, 01:13 (Ref:197356)   #19
GasMan
Racer

GasMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any mention of the Bentley drivers at this point or is still too early?

Assuming Bentley will be running this year of course.
Old 12 Jan 2002, 11:00 (Ref:197481)   #20
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They've confirmed for the next 2 years.
Old 13 Jan 2002, 11:32 (Ref:197921)   #21
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
They've confirmed for the next 2 years.
Yeah, stating they'll aim for the outright win in 2003 when I assume they hope to be unchallenged by pesky Team Joest Audis.

I could be wrong, Audi might stick with it, but it doesn't tend to happen like that, does it?
Old 13 Jan 2002, 14:02 (Ref:198000)   #22
GasMan
Racer

GasMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd quite like to see the Audis having a strong challenge and battle with other teams just to make the race a little more spicy. In recent times the Audis have just been too dominant for any real viewing at the top of the grid, they've always been there. It does get repetitive seeing them up there. Just imagine another car/marque leading the way with an Audi behind them hunting them down. That would be a site especially with Audi in the form they've been in the past few seasons.
Old 21 Jan 2002, 15:39 (Ref:202146)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just been looking though the entry list for this year's and Audi' drivers are listed as:-

Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R8 F.Biela, T.Kristensen, E.Pirro
Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R8 R.Capello, C.Pescatori, J.Herbert

Why is Pescatori, lisited instead of Aiello?