Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jan 2005, 20:33 (Ref:1210659)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peugoet back at Le Mans?

This weeks British Motorsport News newspaper this week reports that Peugoet are currently assessing a full scale return to Le Mans for 2006, a decision is expected by March 15th. Peugoet managing director Fredric Saintgeours has confirmed there will be a full scale works effort in 2006 after its withdrawl from the WRC at the end of this season. Peugoet sport director Corrado Provera said: "Le Mans is one of the possibilites but we havent made a decision yet."

Would be great to see Peugoet back in sportscar racing, sooner rather than later too.
Old 26 Jan 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1210670)   #2
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the biggest chance of Peugeot returning to Le Mans will be if I show up. Other than that, I'm not sure.
Old 26 Jan 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1210676)   #3
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please please please let there be another manufacturer to give Audi a race in June 2006...
Old 26 Jan 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1210689)   #4
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
please please please let there be another manufacturer to give Audi a race in June 2006...
Couldnt agree more!
Old 26 Jan 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1210699)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did see that news today myself, it came as a bit of shock. They will make there decision in mid-March.
Old 26 Jan 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1210711)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
There has been discussion//rumours about this since they pulled out of WRC. To be frank, I'd half expected them to be a suprise entry in 05'.

Audi NEEDS to have a manufacturer to race against, or there really isn't a point in going further with the program.
Old 26 Jan 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1210728)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just prototype racing itself is in need of another manufacturer entry. Someone, anyone, with a publically-familiar name to give Audi a real run for their money. Peugeot would be ideal, I didn't get to see 'em last time they were around, would love to see them this time.

Peugeot are proven with WRC and sportscars from the past, they're European so beating Audi would probably mean more to them than an American or Japanese manufacturer. However, would be nice to see some American or Japanese company have a go at LMP1 too...

Who would Peugeot get to drive for them? They can't exactly draft in any rally drivers, can they... It's not like they have any top drivers signed to them from their current activities who are going to be familiar with Le Mans, is it?

Guess it depends who's free to drive anywhere in '06...
Old 26 Jan 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1210752)   #8
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
Just prototype racing itself is in need of another manufacturer entry. Someone, anyone, with a publically-familiar name to give Audi a real run for their money. Peugeot would be ideal, I didn't get to see 'em last time they were around, would love to see them this time.

Peugeot are proven with WRC and sportscars from the past, they're European so beating Audi would probably mean more to them than an American or Japanese manufacturer. However, would be nice to see some American or Japanese company have a go at LMP1 too...

Who would Peugeot get to drive for them? They can't exactly draft in any rally drivers, can they... It's not like they have any top drivers signed to them from their current activities who are going to be familiar with Le Mans, is it?

Guess it depends who's free to drive anywhere in '06...
hopefully Nissan and Porsche can fill that role in 2006 as well
Old 26 Jan 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1210790)   #9
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Who would Peugeot get to drive for them? They can't exactly draft in any rally drivers, can they...
Stephane Sarrazin?
Old 26 Jan 2005, 23:19 (Ref:1210791)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
You might want to take a brief look at their Supertourisme drivers
Old 26 Jan 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1210797)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or the ones in the WTCC...
Old 27 Jan 2005, 00:59 (Ref:1210829)   #12
racer11
Rookie

United States
florida
racer11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
getting drivers isnt that big of a problem. if they need some and were running short just go over to GARRA and start plucking some of the old ALMS/LeMans drivers out and putting them back where they belong. Magnussen, papis, pilgrim, etc. the cars need to be built before you start worrying about drivers. just my $.02
Old 27 Jan 2005, 05:32 (Ref:1210903)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'd be glad to see Peugeot and Citroen interrested by LM, but they're more expected in WTCC (Peugeot) and Rally-raid (Citroen) - they need to sell cars abroad (Africa, east Europe, China, south America), and have no GT in their range...

Let's wait and, but I wouldn't count on it too much, though ; it will be a nice surprise if a program arises.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 05:45 (Ref:1210905)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
and have no GT in their range...
Who said the car would be a GT? Id have thought that a LMP 1 would be far more likely.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 05:57 (Ref:1210908)   #15
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'd be glad to see them back too . the 905's were some beauties ..
and more manufacturers in LMp1 the better ..

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Jan 2005, 08:49 (Ref:1210975)   #16
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
I'd be glad to see Peugeot and Citroen interrested by LM, but they're more expected in WTCC (Peugeot) and Rally-raid (Citroen) - they need to sell cars abroad (Africa, east Europe, China, south America), and have no GT in their range...

Let's wait and, but I wouldn't count on it too much, though ; it will be a nice surprise if a program arises.
The 905 was born with a little Le Mans idea......
Old 27 Jan 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1210994)   #17
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
...and have no GT in their range...
But a possible basis for such a project in the 907 show car.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1211105)   #18
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought Sarrazin was a Subaru man. I also didn't know Peugeot were in WTCC this year. Thanks for correcting me on stuff like that! I know pretty much sod all about Supertourisme (think I spelt that right...), so not sure who's driving in it or what.

Peugeot shouldn't have that much trouble making a successful car. They've done it before, so you'd reckon they could do it again, even though the rules are somewhat different now.

Hope Porsche and Nissan do eventually join up with works outfits, is this confirmed or just rumoured? Are they both entering LMP1? Would be hell of a battle if they all get it right on the pace.

I'd have thought that with Peugeot being a well-known tin-top competitor, I don't think they'd be too interested in making a GT car, with an effort more likely going on open-tops? Would kinda make sense, seeing as they've done Rallying and touring cars already, so cars with a roof may not be so appealing anymore...
Old 27 Jan 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1211130)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I certainly hope they create something similar to the Bentley rather than the Audi. Not only do closed-cockpit cars look better (personal opinion of course), they are also safer (when you flip, at least).
Old 27 Jan 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1211132)   #20
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I thought Sarrazin was a Subaru man.
He certainly is right now, driving one of the factory cars in the WRC.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1211151)   #21
sportproto
Rookie

sportproto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WR-Peugeot

I'm sure Peugeot will be at Le Mans as soon as 2005 : with WR, as usual ! And may be with something surprising !
Old 27 Jan 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1211265)   #22
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportproto
I'm sure Peugeot will be at Le Mans as soon as 2005 : with WR, as usual ! And may be with something surprising !
...is that so... - well I wonder if Norma may have anything to do with it!!
Old 27 Jan 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1211270)   #23
sportproto
Rookie

sportproto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Norma and WR are two different things in my mind. And there's absolutely no links between them ! I just wanted to joke about the fact that Peugeot is (even completely non-officially) present at Le Mans for years through WR. And that he perhaps could be more present in 2005, always through WR.

About Norma : they sold 15 cars for 2005, mainly for VdeV in France but also one in Germany and one another in Italy.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1211303)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I thought Sarrazin was a Subaru man. I also didn't know Peugeot were in WTCC this year.
Peugeot Danmark will enter one 407 in WTCC this year, but it's not an official factory team. See: http://www.kennylovrin.se/tctv2/main...iewnews&id=202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab

I think you are right about Peugeot's (=WTCC) and Citroen's (=Rally-raid) near future.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1211316)   #25
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportproto
About Norma : they sold 15 cars for 2005, mainly for VdeV in France but also one in Germany and one another in Italy.
Who was the german customer?