Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Sep 2012, 04:08 (Ref:3143527)   #1
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Now that Perez is going at McLaren...

... Massa will stay at Ferrari one more year, until Kubica is well enough to become Alonso's team mate...

Am I right? I hope so!
Old 29 Sep 2012, 04:10 (Ref:3143528)   #2
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Massa is going to be around a long time then. Kubica is not coming back.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 04:25 (Ref:3143534)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TGF back to the Scuderia?
Old 29 Sep 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3143577)   #4
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It all really depends on how firm that Vettel 2014 deal is. And their decision not to take Perez suggests they thing it's fairly nailed on that Seb will be a Ferrari driver in 2014. If so, there's no real reason to drop Massa until then, even if a Hulkenberg or a di Resta would be a much better choice.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 07:32 (Ref:3143587)   #5
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still don't see Vettel at Ferrari while Alonso is there. Alonso will never okay that, will he?
Old 29 Sep 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3143631)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
It all really depends on how firm that Vettel 2014 deal is. And their decision not to take Perez suggests they thing it's fairly nailed on that Seb will be a Ferrari driver in 2014. If so, there's no real reason to drop Massa until then, even if a Hulkenberg or a di Resta would be a much better choice.
I agree. I think the fact that Ferrari haven't signed anyone yet suggests that they will stick with Massa until Seb arrives.

All this "Perez is not ready" talk by Luca was nonsense, surely they would have learnt from last time with Kimi.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3143633)   #7
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I still don't see Vettel at Ferrari while Alonso is there. Alonso will never okay that, will he?
Ultimately he will have to realize beating a high-profile team-mate is something his CV seriously lacks.

Trulli was dropped at Renault the moment he got the upper hand on him, and Lewis outqualified and outscored him (by zero point) as a ROOKIE.

I dont think Alonso could beat Vettel, but he better be a man up for the challenge.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3143639)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
Ultimately he will have to realize beating a high-profile team-mate is something his CV seriously lacks.
Just 'beating' them is never the issue. Getting the 'control' within the team is the issue. I don't think anyone's really doubting his CV, he's not exactly after a job as the office junior.....

And personally I haven't the slightest doubt that Alonso can beat Vettel in equal equipment - in fact, I'd put money on it.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3143645)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd put my house on it.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3143647)   #10
QnickFTW
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

And personally I haven't the slightest doubt that Alonso can beat Vettel in equal equipment - in fact, I'd put money on it.

You dont have the slightest doubt, really? I guess you didnt have the slightest doubt about him beating a rookie at Mclaren too so you must excuse me if I dont read much into what you have or dont have a doubt about. Trulli was ahead of him both in terms of qualifying and points when he was dropped at Renault, did you have the slightest doubt back then?

Anyway, if we still remember this up around November 2014, lets just say you come here, eat a fat chunk of humble pie and paypal 10 quid to any registered charity of your choice if Seb beats Alonso in equal equipment by then. I will certainly pop-in to do the same if it ends up the other way around.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3143727)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You dont have the slightest doubt, really? I guess you didnt have the slightest doubt about him beating a rookie at Mclaren too so you must excuse me if I dont read much into what you have or dont have a doubt about. Trulli was ahead of him both in terms of qualifying and points when he was dropped at Renault, did you have the slightest doubt back then?

Anyway, if we still remember this up around November 2014, lets just say you come here, eat a fat chunk of humble pie and paypal 10 quid to any registered charity of your choice if Seb beats Alonso in equal equipment by then. I will certainly pop-in to do the same if it ends up the other way around.
No problem for me at all - you can call me on that any time you like. I consider Alonso to be a far superior driver in all respects.

Oh and I didn't say anything about Alonso at McLaren or anywhere else - I'm referring to Alonso v. Vettel at Ferrari and I wouldn't even mention Trulli in the same sentence, quite frankly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I'd put my house on it.

Absolutely - it's almost not even a fair contest - but I've never shied from taking the candy......
Old 29 Sep 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3143732)   #12
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just 'beating' them is never the issue. Getting the 'control' within the team is the issue. I don't think anyone's really doubting his CV, he's not exactly after a job as the office junior.....

I wouldn't agree that if you put Vettel and Alonso in high calibre equal cars Alonso would be the quickest... in fact I think it would be Vettel... but as you quite rightly point out, that's not what winning an F1 WDC is about. It entails so much more. This year Alonso has managed to draw the team around him and motivate them in a way that benefits his situation. He has pulverised his [slightly weaker] team mate. He has brought the weakest of the top 3 cars to a level it shouldn't be. He has amassed good points race after race even though he often hasn't looked anywhere close to winning and he has remained consistent as everyone around him hasn't. This is the kind of thing his illustrious German predecessor in red was famous for and it's this that takes Alonso to a level above anyone else on the grid right now.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3143741)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
I wouldn't agree that if you put Vettel and Alonso in high calibre equal cars Alonso would be the quickest... in fact I think it would be Vettel... but as you quite rightly point out, that's not what winning an F1 WDC is about. It entails so much more. This year Alonso has managed to draw the team around him and motivate them in a way that benefits his situation. He has pulverised his [slightly weaker] team mate. He has brought the weakest of the top 3 cars to a level it shouldn't be. He has amassed good points race after race even though he often hasn't looked anywhere close to winning and he has remained consistent as everyone around him hasn't. This is the kind of thing his illustrious German predecessor in red was famous for and it's this that takes Alonso to a level above anyone else on the grid right now.
Although we may quite happily disagree as to the likely outcome of a straight fight over a season, I can live quite easily with the rest of your assessment..... I wouldn't see this at all like, say, Senna taking over McLaren from Prost (whose team it clearly was). That was an irresistible force, to all intents and purposes. But Vettel taking on Alonso in his own 'back yard' - it would be fun, but I still believe that without Horner's arm around his shoulders and 'Well done Seb' cooing, he'd find it very hard indeed. Much the same as if Alonso was going to replace Webber at RB.... I stress, IMO.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3143753)   #14
QnickFTW
Racer

I think thats the great thing about the prospect of a Vettel vs Alonso line-up, it will polarize the F1 world and get people talking.

We didnt have such a pairing since Alonso vs Hamilton, and I frankly miss that, two team-mates going at it at a top-team.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3143756)   #15
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There seems to be an awful lot of people who believe Alonso would block the arrival of a driver capable of challenging him. I'm not sure that's the case. In fact I'd say it's Vettel taking the bigger risk if he does team up with Alonso in 2014.

I agree with Ayse - put Vettel and Alonso in the same machinery now (or in a year) and there will only be one winner. However, if Vettel continues to realise his potential, and learns from Alonso about how to win WDCs without the best car, then one day he may be considered Alonso's equal.

And QnickFTW - I think you should try showing a little more respect when you're disagreeing with one of our more, ahem, senior members.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 15:01 (Ref:3143765)   #16
QnickFTW
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
if Vettel continues to realise his potential, and learns from Alonso about how to win WDCs without the best car.
Vettel IS winning the WDC without the best car as we speak.

Quote:
And QnickFTW - I think you should try showing a little more respect when you're disagreeing with one of our more, ahem, senior members.
Couldnt care less about senior or not. My opinion is as good as anyone else's. In fact, Alonso has been out qualified and out raced by Trulli and Hamilton before, Vettel has always got the upper hand on his team-mates. They are both double World Champions so there is nothing too obvious about how their partnership may or may not end up. It's anyone's guess right now.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3143773)   #17
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Vettel IS winning the WDC without the best car as we speak.
Ah yes, of course. I had to check the table to confirm that Vettel is winning by minus 29 points over Alonso.

Quote:
Couldnt care less about senior or not. My opinion is as good as anyone else's.
It's not about holding and expressing a different opinion. It's about not being disrespectful to other members and their opinions. Try to be polite and people will respect you more in return.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3143808)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Couldnt care less about senior or not. My opinion is as good as anyone else's.
It is advisable not to post in this manner, follow garcon's advice..
Old 29 Sep 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3143812)   #19
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

+1
Old 29 Sep 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3143818)   #20
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Whether Vettel is better than Alonso is not much known. I've seen far more evidence of agile racecraft coupled with speed from Alonso with different teams although Vettel has had his own moments. I'd like to see Vettel to move on to another team to throw a somewhat better light on this question. We may never see that however.

Alonso is an interesting driver. Hamilton, the team encumbent, test veteran yet race rookie rattled him yet he's had various herculean drives delivering sub-par cars to victories and podiums.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3143856)   #21
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Whether Vettel is better than Alonso is not much known. I've seen far more evidence of agile racecraft coupled with speed from Alonso with different teams although Vettel has had his own moments. I'd like to see Vettel to move on to another team to throw a somewhat better light on this question. We may never see that however.
He was pretty handy in the BMW and delivered Toro Rosso their first and, to date, only win.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3143898)   #22
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ah yes, of course. I had to check the table to confirm that Vettel is winning by minus 29 points over Alonso.

Phew...had me worried there for a moment......I thought I'd wandered into a parallel universe....
Old 29 Sep 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3143908)   #23
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
There seems to be an awful lot of people who believe Alonso would block the arrival of a driver capable of challenging him. I'm not sure that's the case. In fact I'd say it's Vettel taking the bigger risk if he does team up with Alonso in 2014.

I agree with Ayse - put Vettel and Alonso in the same machinery now (or in a year) and there will only be one winner. However, if Vettel continues to realise his potential, and learns from Alonso about how to win WDCs without the best car, then one day he may be considered Alonso's equal.

Couldn't agree with you more.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3143940)   #24
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I'd put my house on it.
Make that two houses.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 01:25 (Ref:3143953)   #25
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I wouldn't go that far. I suppose that it depends on what your house is like. I live in a shoe box, on the M25, near Heathrow airport, and it's a kids shoe box, with no lid, with a hole in it............

I know! I know! You 'dream' of living in a shoe box!