Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3149921)   #1
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kaltenborn Becomes Sauber Team Principal

The first female team principal in F1 history if you dont count Flavio Briatore.

Congrats Monishia!

http://en.espnf1.com/sauber/motorsport/story/91362.html
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:18 (Ref:3149928)   #2
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets see if female boss and no Checo is recipe for success
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:22 (Ref:3149930)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i really really like monisha. she's smart, her head is screwed on right (which is saying something for f1), she's the best role model there is in motorsport at the moment for women, hands down. very well played, sauber.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3149939)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to say that she always comes across well on TV, a very good move by the team.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3149946)   #5
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I have to say that she always comes across well on TV
I remember when Brundle and Lazenby went to Sauber's garage in Malaysia after the race to "congratulate on the team's best result to date as a privateer" And Kalternborn, instead of accepting the congratulation claimed they have won in the past and seemed rather upset. It was like they did say "privateer" (even mentioned the BMW victory during the broadcast) and NO, you havnt won anything as a private team. Deal. With. It. I dont really dig her ever since.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 14:23 (Ref:3149988)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i remember that as well but took a very different view of it. to paraphrase what i heard/interpreted was, 'Malaysia is a great result but her team has won in the past and will continue to fight for wins in the future'...perfect team principle material was what i took from that.

some of us give credit to Merc because they had a title with Brawn and that goes back to the great car built by Honda. Stewart Racing became Jaguar Racing and is now Red Bull. F1 has continuity despite the frequent name changes and i think that is also what she was speaking too.

anyways a great move. first women team principle in F1 is cool but now that she has the job who cares about her gender. she has been involved with the team for years and is no doubt in part responsible for a great season so im happy to leave it as well deserved promotion for a job well done.

but if it is about gender, in a couple of weeks she gets to go home to a country where women are not seen as equals and gets to stand side by side and in stark contrast to Vijay Mallya. people in India need to see that!
Old 11 Oct 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3150051)   #7
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It looks like she is capable of doing a good job and I wish all the best at it. Peter Sauber was always good at making the best of what he had.
Monisha Kaltenborn has been with Sauber for some time working her way up through the ranks of the team so I suspect she will have learned a lot a long the way.
It will be interesting to see if she moves Sauber in a different direction to the past.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3150053)   #8
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Very good move my the team. The news last week that Telmex will stay onboard next year as well shows that even without Perez they have their budget sorted out for 2013.
They have great facilities in Hinwal (as a result of the BMW era) so if they can marry that to a strong budget they could show that this year isnt a flash in the pan but rather a legitimate start of a successful era for the team
Old 11 Oct 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3150063)   #9
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Very good move my the team. The news last week that Telmex will stay onboard next year as well shows that even without Perez they have their budget sorted out for 2013.
They have great facilities in Hinwal (as a result of the BMW era) so if they can marry that to a strong budget they could show that this year isnt a flash in the pan but rather a legitimate start of a successful era for the team
Most of their excellent facilities are pre-BMW aren't they? Certainly their windtunnel is, it was one of the things that persuaded BMW to go with them.

But anyway, this is a good move by Peter Sauber, he knows what he's doing and has handed over to someone else who he knows knows what they're doing - she's been Sauber CEO for nearly three years now, so any shortcomings would've realistically raised their head.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3150112)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i really really like monisha. she's smart, her head is screwed on right (which is saying something for f1), she's the best role model there is in motorsport at the moment for women, hands down. very well played, sauber.
Agree completely.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3150113)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
The first female team principal in F1 history if you dont count Flavio Briatore.

Congrats Monishia!

http://en.espnf1.com/sauber/motorsport/story/91362.html
Congratulations !
Old 11 Oct 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3150190)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Don't forget to smile Monisha, we are proud of you...
Old 12 Oct 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3150462)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Of course, this also means we now have two Indian team principals, which must be another first.
Old 12 Oct 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3150470)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Congratulations!

Now go get them Mercs!
Old 12 Oct 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3150559)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Of course, this also means we now have two Indian team principals, which must be another first.
Indians ? Are they from the same tribe ?
Old 12 Oct 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3150617)   #16
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Congratulations of course. Highly capable.

I hope the media don't get too maudlin over this though. Even as a middle ranking Sauber executive, the coochie-coo vibe of the media whenever she was interviewed or in camera shot got a bit irksome.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 07:13 (Ref:3151346)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like her. Good luck to the girl.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3151413)   #18
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations to Monisha.

She comes across as intelligent.

I'm not a fan of her PRy manner though, but she'll have reasons for doing that.
Old 14 Oct 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3151565)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I like her. Good luck to the girl.
A good girl with good intentions !