Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 May 2024, 21:01 (Ref:4209335)   #3276
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gow has already said the new regs won’t be EV, and hybrid may be adjusted either way.

I think it’s quite telling that F1 is making noises about going back to pure thermal engines using synthetic fuel. I actually believe that’s what a lot of motorsport will aim to use.
Old 17 May 2024, 21:02 (Ref:4209336)   #3277
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Gow has already said the new regs won’t be EV, and hybrid may be adjusted either way.

I think it’s quite telling that F1 is making noises about going back to pure thermal engines using synthetic fuel. I actually believe that’s what a lot of motorsport will aim to use.

I think you have a point there. Seems EVs aren’t flavour of the month anymore and rightly so. There are other alternatives out there
Old 17 May 2024, 21:47 (Ref:4209338)   #3278
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post

You're right there, however, going down the synthetic fuel + combustion engine path may be 'easy' for F1 or some sportscar series (and even the likes of Supercars) but for BTCC might be a bit more complicated if road models most suitable for touring cars would start becoming more and more often EV only. But who knows, we'll see. There's a bit of hesitation on the market but most still assume EV is the future.
Old 18 May 2024, 12:40 (Ref:4209389)   #3279
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Synthetic fuels are going to do little to clean up the air quality in urban areas, because they still need something to burn.
Old 18 May 2024, 16:34 (Ref:4209413)   #3280
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Synthetic fuels are definitely getting more popular though
Old 18 May 2024, 17:10 (Ref:4209416)   #3281
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the majority of urban areas - well, the kind where I live and work - there'll be lots of pollution for years to come from fossil fuels. These are the areas that give us the average UK age of a car as 8.4 years old (before the scrappage scheme it was around13/14) - and with the poverty levels in many of those places affected most by pollution, a switch to electric or synthetic fuels is a long way off. I expect that the unwillingness of local councils to go big time for EV infrastructure will delay the changeover even further. A lot of the places I work a 'new car' is an 02 plate Corsa or an 03 plate Passat Diesel estate.....

And before anybody says what's this got to do with BTCC 2024 rumours? I apologise, it's probably more relevant to BTCC 2034, or at the rate our Govt and Councils do things, BTCC 2044 News & Rumours!
Old 18 May 2024, 19:18 (Ref:4209431)   #3282
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I expect that the unwillingness of local councils to go big time for EV infrastructure will delay the changeover even further.
why invest in a deadend obsolete technology with no real future ?

if the politicians wouldn't push it nobody would bother with EV

you can see how successful Formula E was, nearly nobody talks about it now
Old Yesterday, 11:50 (Ref:4209490)   #3283
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
you can see how successful Formula E was, nearly nobody talks about it now
Maybe nobody talks about it here, sure. That says more about Tenths than it does about Formula E, which seems to me to have a fairly decent following. Good audiences, daft racing though.

As I've mentioned elsewhere a couple of times - this type of forum just isn't the sort of place that the vast majority of the new generation of motorsport fans come to, they're on Reddit & Discord amongst others.
Old Yesterday, 13:02 (Ref:4209495)   #3284
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^ I give you a fact

friend from Germany told me Formula E used to air on ProSieben , one of the biggest private free TV channels in Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProSieben

guess what, due too very poor audience it was dropped at end of 2023 and now they air DTM instead and seems no other german channel picked Formula E to air

Last edited by porsche962fan; Yesterday at 13:09.
Old Yesterday, 13:30 (Ref:4209497)   #3285
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
^ I give you a fact

friend from Germany told me Formula E used to air on ProSieben , one of the biggest private free TV channels in Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProSieben

guess what, due too very poor audience it was dropped at end of 2023 and now they air DTM instead and seems no other german channel picked Formula E to air
Wasn't FE doing very poorly as for the viewing figures in the UK as well? Wasn't it dropped by Channel 4? I seem to remember something like that, might be wrong though
Old Yesterday, 13:47 (Ref:4209503)   #3286
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I keeping with the current theme of this thread of things not really BTCC 2024 related, here is some legal news - https://caseboard.io/cases/5e1647c4-...4-f49499c7d074
Old Yesterday, 14:10 (Ref:4209508)   #3287
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Wasn't FE doing very poorly as for the viewing figures in the UK as well? Wasn't it dropped by Channel 4? I seem to remember something like that, might be wrong though

It's struggled to find a consistent home , it's now on TNT Sports behind a paywall so I doubt the viewing figures are overly great.
Old Yesterday, 14:41 (Ref:4209512)   #3288
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
It's struggled to find a consistent home , it's now on TNT Sports behind a paywall so I doubt the viewing figures are overly great.
That's because TNT bid more for the rights than anyone else though, not because nobody else was interested.

And in Germany Formula E is now shown on Eurosport (which has the same parent company as TNT).
Old Yesterday, 15:13 (Ref:4209515)   #3289
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
That's because TNT bid more for the rights than anyone else though, not because nobody else was interested.

And in Germany Formula E is now shown on Eurosport (which has the same parent company as TNT).

Yeah I quite enjoyed the racing but I just don't want to pay another subscription just to watch it , that's where the BTCC deal is so good and I hope it stays that way long term.
Old Yesterday, 21:43 (Ref:4209597)   #3290
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I keeping with the current theme of this thread of things not really BTCC 2024 related, here is some legal news - https://caseboard.io/cases/5e1647c4-...4-f49499c7d074
Another winding-up order? There's been plenty in the past. Nothing sticks to Mr Teflon!
Old Yesterday, 21:59 (Ref:4209605)   #3291
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
Another winding-up order? There's been plenty in the past. Nothing sticks to Mr Teflon!

I believe that the last two were from Companies House because of late filing. However, this time the petition has been made by Close Brothers, and I am assuming that it probably concerns a leasing arrangement on something, possibly a road vehicle because most of the liens in their accounts are based on Hard's racing assets which are being sold to meet the charges on them.
Old Today, 13:00 (Ref:4209667)   #3292
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I believe that the last two were from Companies House because of late filing. However, this time the petition has been made by Close Brothers, and I am assuming that it probably concerns a leasing arrangement on something, possibly a road vehicle because most of the liens in their accounts are based on Hard's racing assets which are being sold to meet the charges on them.
They don't appear to have had any petitions to be struck off due to late filings. Previous winding up petitions were in Sep 2022 (submitted by Premium Credit) and Jul 2023 (again by Close Brothers). Seems like neither progressed beyond the initial filing and I'm not expecting this latest one to go any further.

Some of their assets have been seized sold off to cover the charges, but I suspect the amount those assets sold for may not cover the debt
Old Today, 14:16 (Ref:4209682)   #3293
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Companies House's Filing page appears to be different now; the London Gazette is showing 37 entries for the Team Hard name, and I'm pretty certain that at least two of those entries concern late filing of accounts.

In fact, I'm fairly certain that this matter was discussed towards the end of last year as well as again some time before the beginning of this season.