Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Jun 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3415326)   #1
wkk
Rookie

Germany
Cologne
wkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club Arnage Guide to Le Mans 2014 is ready for download

Hi all

The new Club Arnage Guide for 2014 is ready for download, as usual at http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/

The guide is a little thinner than in previous years:

- The section “Before you go” with information about campsites, ticket purchase and route descriptions is no longer a part of the print edition. We do still offer this information in the Club Arnage Wiki and should continue to update it there, but have restricted the information in this print edition to the stuff needed while being at the race track. So if you need this information just look up the wiki “before you go”.

- I’ve also left out the “Bars and restaurants” chapter. The stuff hasn’t been updated since 2010 and just recently I learned by coincidence that some of the places mentioned there are out of business. I assume much in this chapter is out of date. This requires some thorough research this year, any volunteers?

I wish all of you exciting 24h of Le Mans 2014 – and may the weather gods be with us!

Best

Werner
Old 4 Jun 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3415348)   #2
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Thank you, I am sure it will be a great read as always.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3415356)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent - the announcement that always means that the event is almost upon us!
Old 4 Jun 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3415357)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkk View Post
- I’ve also left out the “Bars and restaurants” chapter. The stuff hasn’t been updated since 2010 and just recently I learned by coincidence that some of the places mentioned there are out of business. I assume much in this chapter is out of date. This requires some thorough research this year, any volunteers?
Not volunteering, although I did do a little update on the former 'Le Belinois' restaurant a couple of weeks ago.......
Old 5 Jun 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3415637)   #5
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for another fine guide Werner. This took over from the Autosport guide for me a good few years ago and really is THE guide to Le Mans.
(Just a shame the photo of my sunburnt neck queuing up for a crepe Grand Marnier has been cut along with the rest of bars and restaurant section!)
Old 5 Jun 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3415706)   #6
wkk
Rookie

Germany
Cologne
wkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
(Just a shame the photo of my sunburnt neck queuing up for a crepe Grand Marnier has been cut along with the rest of bars and restaurant section!)
I'll make a mental note so that picture will be back in the guide next year in a then hopefully fully updated "Bars and Restaurant" paragraph.

@Aysedasi: I've seen your little update on that page, but you were the first one for many years. I'll have a stroll around the city centre myself after the scrutineering this year and will check some of the places. Must quality check the beers there

Werner
Old 5 Jun 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3415717)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
will download this to the ipad tonight, to go alongside the autosport one that was issued this morning.

thanks for the heads up!
Old 5 Jun 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3415737)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
will download this to the ipad tonight, to go alongside the autosport one that was issued this morning.

thanks for the heads up!
Pretty underwhelmed by today's Autosport offering - okay it's been a shadow of what it used to be for at least 10 years now, but all in all failed to really excite, or let me see how it might excite a more impartial observer.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3415748)   #9
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Everybody always says that of the Autosport LM edition but I still think it's O.K as mainstream publication.

Obviously nothing compared to CA Guide but then again nothing is. Thank ya for all the contributors, look forward to reading it again.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3415753)   #10
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Everybody always says that of the Autosport LM edition but I still think it's O.K as mainstream publication.

Obviously nothing compared to CA Guide but then again nothing is. Thank ya for all the contributors, look forward to reading it again.
Oh absolutely - and as a magazine and website it's improved quite a bit in the last 5 years or so. They can count me as a pretty happy subscriber.

I guess my view is tinged a little by the pre-internet era when something like the Autosport guide was the only game in town for previewing the race - and you could spend a happy hour or so digesting all the details in it.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 14:44 (Ref:3415770)   #11
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I agree, for my first LM years the Autosport guide was a bible. However it declined as Autosport became more and more obsessed by F1 to the detriment of everything else, one year I think they even printed it the week of the race so most fans who were there couldn't even buy it. I went to the Autosport website this week for the first time in years and must admit I was pleasantly surprised; however F1 really does still dominate which is a shame and would stop me getting a subscription.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 18:29 (Ref:3415855)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just goes to show, I completely forgot to buy it today........
Old 6 Jun 2014, 07:24 (Ref:3416061)   #13
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
...I guess my view is tinged a little by the pre-internet era when something like the Autosport guide was the only game in town for previewing the race ...
I think this is the problem. As mentioned above, all the 'Before You Go' and planning information is now online so the Autosport Guide is limited to a couple of articles (with are normally worth reading) and a list of runners and riders.

I suspect that to produce a more detailed guide would cost Autosport more in time and budget than they've got for a single issue.

I still bought it though
Old 6 Jun 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3416187)   #14
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw it on the shelf today - tempted - but didn't.
I think it might remain there...
Old 6 Jun 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3416210)   #15
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And I can't be bothered to take train to Helsinki right now just to get that magazine (which arrives there delayed anyway) so I'll get the online version by 'other means'
Old 6 Jun 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3416237)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Saw it on the shelf today - tempted - but didn't.
I think it might remain there...
Bought it in Waitrose today when I got some lunch - haven't opened it yet.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 16:28 (Ref:3416245)   #17
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Bought it in Waitrose today when I got some lunch - haven't opened it yet.
Oh cool. I may get a copy of the Autosport Magazine on the way down to Le Mans tomorrow or Sunday if I get a chance.