Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jun 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2492680)   #1
wkk
Rookie

Germany
Cologne
wkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pictures of the burning KSM #39 Lola Mazda needed

Hi all,

as some of you may remember, in the 23rd hour of the race the KSM Lola #39 came to a halt at the beginning of the pitlane and started burning there. The KSM team urgently needs pictures or videos showing the burning car, the marshalls efforts to extinguish the fire or other details of this incident. Please mail it to webmaster@kruse-schiller-motorsport.com - Your help is highly appreciated.

Cheers

Werner
Old 28 Jun 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2492697)   #2
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Try browsing the various photo galleries from Le Mans here on the site, someone must have gotten a good shot... (ill send you an email with another tip)
May i ask why you need it?
Old 28 Jun 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2492714)   #3
wkk
Rookie

Germany
Cologne
wkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Try browsing the various photo galleries from Le Mans here on the site, someone must have gotten a good shot... (ill send you an email with another tip)
May i ask why you need it?
Thanks for this, I'll check. As to the reasons why I need this: I'm very sorry, but at least for the moment I have to stay quiet about it.

Cheers

Werner
Old 28 Jun 2009, 14:57 (Ref:2492743)   #4
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
damn i almost had the perfect shot until a ladies head got right in my way, then i became surrounded by mass crowd so it was too late for a photo
Old 28 Jun 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2492874)   #5
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a photo of the aftermath of the fire if that would be of any help.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2493089)   #6
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ask Le Mans for video footage? It appeared on the big screens, so they should have it on tape? It did seem that there was more than one attempt to put the fire out, and it kept flaring back up until a full powder extinguisher was put on it.
But as I say, I was seeing this on screen, and not paying full attention.
Old 29 Jun 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2493129)   #7
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Let me just add at this point that as one of the many marshals at Le Mans, most of are a bit wary of getting too close to a fire given that the whites we are told to wear are just (polyester&?)cotton. ie not flameproof at all

As opposed to the Proban or Nomex that we all wear the rest of the season at any other racetrack in Europe.

So if you're looking for somebody to reimburse your fire damage...
Old 30 Jun 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2493758)   #8
wkk
Rookie

Germany
Cologne
Hi all,
thanks a lot to all of you who sent pictures in the last days, this was a big help.
We're sorted now, so this can be closed.

Cheers

Werner
webmaster@kruse-schiller-motorsport.com
Old 6 Jul 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2496838)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thread closed - as requested.