Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 9 Jun 2007, 20:53 (Ref:1933460)   #1
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elk's Head

Hello MyTrackers,

some time ago, I doodled around on paper to draw a circuit without any straights, and the following design is what I came up with. When I looked at the design, it was obvious that the track would be called "Elk's Head" - and therefore a candidate for the Grand Prix of Norway.

I don't have a length estimation for it just yet, and neither do I know anything yet about its elevation changes. All I know is the location of the start-finish line and that the track runs anticlockwise.

Please help me find a place around the track to build a pitlane, since I'm not sure where there is enough space for it. Thank you.

And here is a link to a larger version of the diagram:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...anc_raw_20.jpg

Bye until next time
Yannick
Old 9 Jun 2007, 22:03 (Ref:1933521)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think you answered your own question by the positioning of the direction Arrow.

A Pit straight doesn't have to be straight, and neither does a pit lane.
Attached Thumbnails
elks_head_blanc_raw_20 copy.jpg  
Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1937154)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Thank you SBF for positioning the paddock.

But what do you people think about the track itself? Is it too twisty maybe?
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1937233)   #4
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Here's my thoughts.

The track would be great at around 4 miles. You could have the high point at start/finish, then descend steadily steeper to that curve at the bottom, level off some, then gently descend with a few, more sudden, dips to the Sector I mark. From there, have it climb at varying degrees up to the double left in the middle of Sector III. From there it can gently undulate until a noticeable dip into that final right-hander. Finally, the lap ends in a mild ascent to start/finish.

So, how does that description sound? This would be a great track to have some interesting on, off, and variable-camber corners as well!
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:56 (Ref:1937258)   #5
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree much as Purist described. On a flat sheet of paper then yes it might look too twisty but in the right bit of valley or against a hillside then it would easily work.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 18:48 (Ref:1940968)   #6
Yannick
Veteran

Thanks a lot for your contributions, Purist and SBF. I especially like your altitude changes, Purist. For them, let me now give you a co-designing credit for Elk's Head.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 04:28 (Ref:1941299)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'm glad I could help Yannick.

Elk's Head definitely reminds me of Talheimring from the game Total Immersion Racing (probably my favorite track on that game).