Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 9 Mar 2003, 16:51 (Ref:530267)   #51
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Helps if you read mine.

I said running off, not leaving.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 13:32 (Ref:532635)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What does
Quote:

.....so I have given up the fight and moved on.

mean then exactly?
Old 11 Mar 2003, 17:36 (Ref:532910)   #53
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Moved on' as in 'stopped dwelling on it' presumably?
Old 11 Mar 2003, 17:51 (Ref:532942)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it the "given up the fight" bit that you are curious about? Perhaps it is the fight to make this the pinnacle of motorsport forums in the world, that has been so admirably campaigned by all posters? :confused:

Last edited by Adam43; 11 Mar 2003 at 17:53.
Old 11 Mar 2003, 18:01 (Ref:532958)   #55
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Perhaps 'moving on' is what we should all do with regard to this minor issue. The change has been made and, as stated, will not be reversed at least for the foreseeable future. Whilst I'm sure that we'll all continue to have different views on this issue there really is little point in continuing to discuss the matter.
Old 12 Mar 2003, 03:30 (Ref:533467)   #56
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I agree, let's all move on. By the way, did you guys enjoy the cricket last night?
Old 13 Mar 2003, 14:06 (Ref:535066)   #57
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Hey Buddy!! No Offence intended. That was a joke between mates - and I only ribbed you because I am not alone to rib you in 10-tenths. If this has upset you, please accept my apology. Please PM me to let me know and I will ask Craig to remove that joke. Sorry, very sorry.
That blue fellow just looks like a panicky Charlie Brown.
Hehehe..., your are a victim of Moff's black humour...

Moff rules !
Old 14 Mar 2003, 00:44 (Ref:535604)   #58
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just to get back on track with the subject of this thread. I think that the changes are a good idea, but i remember reading that one of the reasons for implementing these changes was to stop the younger members reading things that maybe they shouldn't? Now as a "junior" member that is over the age of 18 who wishes to post in the GT I find it slightly annoying that I can't untilI have made another 25 or so posts. This is gonna take me a while as I only believe in writing things if they're worth saying, not just putting two word answers. Just suppose I'll have to keep reading whats going on in there and wait to post the responses that I would like to.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 08:10 (Ref:535754)   #59
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Believe it or not, just cos you're an adult doesn't make your statements any more worth reading than mine.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 21:55 (Ref:536440)   #60
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by chezza
Just to get back on track with the subject of this thread. I think that the changes are a good idea, but i remember reading that one of the reasons for implementing these changes was to stop the younger members reading things that maybe they shouldn't? Now as a "junior" member that is over the age of 18 who wishes to post in the GT I find it slightly annoying that I can't untilI have made another 25 or so posts. This is gonna take me a while as I only believe in writing things if they're worth saying, not just putting two word answers. Just suppose I'll have to keep reading whats going on in there and wait to post the responses that I would like to.
Welcome to our friendly forum Chezzza. Just go to one of the forums and reply to every thread with a Yes, or No. You can get to 50 posts in about 25 minutes. No Probs.

Old 15 Mar 2003, 01:05 (Ref:536570)   #61
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Valve, you only need 50 useless posts, not 7,000
Old 15 Mar 2003, 03:38 (Ref:536620)   #62
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
That's not nice. In hope your Volvo Station Wagon conks out.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 04:02 (Ref:536634)   #63
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Well it would, would'nt it?
Old 15 Mar 2003, 15:15 (Ref:536983)   #64
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't mean it like that badoer fan I think everybody's opinion is worth listening to I just find it a bit frustrating that I can't post where i want to thats all!
Old 15 Mar 2003, 16:11 (Ref:537061)   #65
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I was about to post and suggest that perhaps someone doesn't move up to two stars and become a Racer until they have 50 posts, to make it a more uniform system, but now I see, chezza has 30 posts and is still a rookie, so perhaps this has been done?
Old 15 Mar 2003, 18:30 (Ref:537199)   #66
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's right, you're a rookie until you have made 50 posts now.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 21:41 (Ref:537500)   #67
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Just go to the F1 forum, Chezza, and get busy. There are lots of interesting discussions going on there, and you get to make friends with some very interesting posters there. There's Jukebox, Red, Mr V, Sato-san, Glen, neilap, .......lots of friendly people to chat with. I mean you can run up the remaining 20 posts in no time. This is where you get a feel of how this friendly forum operates. Right Craig?
Old 15 Mar 2003, 23:00 (Ref:537594)   #68
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
PLease let me clarify what I posted above

Quote:
Originally posted by chezza
I didn't mean it like that badoer fan I think everybody's opinion is worth listening to I just find it a bit frustrating that I can't post where i want to thats all!
Imagine you are invited to join a prestigious club like the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club. Before your membership is finally accepted, you are invited to a Cocktail party to meet the committee members and the representatives of the various classes of Yachts, you are made welcome, and then you become a probational member with usage of all the facillities of the club, although you don't have the rights for nominating members for a couple of years. So you go along and race in the various classes of yachts, made to feel welcome in the main bar, and you get a feel of how this friendly club operates and meet many new friends.

In like manner here, you can go along to the various forums which are your favourite classes of motor racing, get to meet the various members and make friends with whom you can discuss the various topics of your favourite branch of motor sport. Surely this is a good way of joing any new group.

What's so frustrating about not being able to go into the Gravel Trap until you meet the all the good guys in the environment of the other forums?
Old 17 Mar 2003, 00:02 (Ref:538463)   #69
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Surely somehwere like the GT is a place to get to know people just as much as any of the other forums??

I didn't really mean to sound angry or stroppy anything, my original post was just a passing comment really.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 00:39 (Ref:538487)   #70
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
No, Buddy. For various reasons, which Craig has discussed at length with the guys who run this extensive forum, this was the arrangement that Craig has arrived at.

I will give you a hint. There is a thread near this one which is locked now, but which was started by "table", and I think the post by Tim D sums up the whole scene in a nutshell.

Just come to the F1 forum and meet the friendly guys and join in the discussions.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 00:54 (Ref:538493)   #71
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
ok, will give it a read
Old 20 Mar 2003, 04:01 (Ref:541809)   #72
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
coming into this late, but wanted to say that I find this change to be a well thought out idea, and one that should do the intended job.

cheers
Old 20 Mar 2003, 07:04 (Ref:541868)   #73
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What change is that then?
Old 20 Mar 2003, 07:11 (Ref:541869)   #74
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you know, the one that makes new people make 50 real posts before they can go into the gravel trap and act like louts.

take care there mr. M if you're still in Turkey. (oh, and by the way, haven't done the annual Capri shot, but it is still out there with snow on it, mind you, spring is springing so it won't be white for long)
Old 20 Mar 2003, 07:23 (Ref:541871)   #75
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh that one was ages ago!

And thanks we are all taking care but in Ankara we are surrounded by nice peeps.