Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Mar 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2644713)   #1
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cancer patient beds sold to fans for V8 race

This can't be good:

http://www.news.com.au/national/canc...-1225837069985

Perception is reality after all!
Old 4 Mar 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2644737)   #2
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will stop me donating to ANY cancer appeal
Old 4 Mar 2010, 11:35 (Ref:2644740)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that ****ed up, sorry but it is. i have had family members suffer and pass away because of this illness and while i think the cancer council do a good job for the most part and i have infact donated to them, however i think this is out of line. i am a diehard motorsport fan but when it comes to the health of people motorsport is a very, very distant 2nd.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2645142)   #4
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pro-Racer I am with you.... This is so low, as a volunteer for both a cancer organization and as a marshal it is the lowest of lows......

Whoever made this discisions need to be strung up......
Old 4 Mar 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2645149)   #5
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it is Adelaide.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2645162)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've stayed at that hotel before when I believe it was a Comfort Inn. Rather depressing place. One morning I slept in past 8 AM so they left a running lawn mower sit outside my room for 30 minutes. Just parked it there and let it run. Full blast. Wonder if the same people are still running it?
Old 4 Mar 2010, 22:51 (Ref:2645163)   #7
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
err would you, if sick, really want to sit in a room in a building on the exit of turn 8, where there are plenty of accidents every year, punters cheering for their heroes as they go past, or the villains when they wall it, and cars are at close to full noise? demonstrations by people on motorbikes doing circle work outside your window? I know i wouldn't and would be quite glad to be moved to a different location for the weekend if i was that sick.

i think this is a bit of sensationalism... yes it may not appear to be in the best interests of some, but dig a bit deeper...
Old 4 Mar 2010, 23:48 (Ref:2645195)   #8
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose the Cancer Council is doing it to raise more money for their cause? At the expense of cancer patients! Unbelievable.

That's like a national touring car category going overseas to a race just for the money, and the fans can't watch!

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 00:08 (Ref:2645204)   #9
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
I suppose the Cancer Council is doing it to raise more money for their cause? At the expense of cancer patients! Unbelievable.

That's like a national touring car category going overseas to a race just for the money, and the fans can't watch!

I see what you done there...
Old 5 Mar 2010, 01:11 (Ref:2645230)   #10
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have mixed thoughts on this.

If the motel is JUST for cancer paitients, then they should leave the rooms empty instead of offering them to healthy people. If thats the case, and i think it is, then its nothing to do with the fans, its the company who let the rooms be booked by non cancer patients thats the problem.

If its just a normal run of the mill motel where anyone can book anyday, tough bickies, first in best dressed. A business shouldn't have to keep a room vacant incase someone else might need it, they'd go broke like that.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 01:29 (Ref:2645238)   #11
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair Work Ombudsman at Clipsal

Theres more:
The Fair Work Ombudsman has unveiled a new tactic of targeting major events by announcing that inspectors will randomly audit stall-holders at next week's Clipsal 500 V8 Supercar race to ensure employers are meeting their obligations to casual workers.
The crackdown, which has been flagged six days before the event actually starts, will see inspectors audit 50 trackside stallholders between March 10 and March 14.

The on-site checks will involve an examination of time and wages records, to ensure casual workers are being paid and receiving correct meal breaks.

After the race, the inspectors will target cafes, restaurants and bars around the track.

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/indus...-car-race.html