Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 1 Dec 2002, 11:52 (Ref:440464)   #1
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
Shunt the Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 Euroseries : it's official !

Look at this web side for rules, schedule and partners of these new series.

http://www.f3euroseries.com
Old 1 Dec 2002, 12:45 (Ref:440484)   #2
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's good news, hopefully there will be some good drivers and teams in the series. Briscoe (Kolles), Pla (ASM) will be there for sure, hopefully some more titlecadidates (Liuzzi, Winckelhock and Glock for example)
Old 1 Dec 2002, 12:53 (Ref:440490)   #3
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
glock has tested for kms a few days ago, i think he´ll stay, but no confirmation yet
Old 1 Dec 2002, 13:07 (Ref:440497)   #4
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
Only few drivers are confirmed for next year : Olivier Pla (ASM), Harold Primat (Saulnier), Robert Doornbos (Ghinzani), Sakon Yamamoto (Kolles-Toyota) and Ryan Briscoe (Kolles-Toyota).

Alexandre Premat, French Formula Renault champion, could join Pla at ASM. LD Autosport tested Stefano Proetto. Opel Team KMS tested a bunch of young talented drivers : Nico Rosberg, Timo Glock, Neel Jani, Marc Benz and Maro Engel.

Prema tested an Italian driver called Marco Bonanomi and two Japanese drivers (I didn't get the name). And Christian Klien was also tested by Mücke Motorsport.

Two german teams said they won't run in the Euroseries : BSR (which will maybe run in Formula Renault V6 or in WS Nissan) and GM Motorsport.

Last edited by Shunt the Hunt; 1 Dec 2002 at 13:09.
Old 1 Dec 2002, 13:34 (Ref:440506)   #5
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Roman Rusinov could join Primat at Saulnier, he tested for them at Magny Cours a few weeks ago. I hope Neel Jani joins the championship next year, he is good.
Old 1 Dec 2002, 13:37 (Ref:440508)   #6
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
didn´t bertram schaefer say he wnats to join a few weeks ago? well, racing is a fast confusing business...
Old 1 Dec 2002, 14:06 (Ref:440522)   #7
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
Quote:
Originally posted by *formula3*
didn´t bertram schaefer say he wnats to join a few weeks ago? well, racing is a fast confusing business...
That's just what I read in Autosport. Doesn't Schaefer lose Red Bull's support ?

Last edited by Shunt the Hunt; 1 Dec 2002 at 14:06.
Old 1 Dec 2002, 14:11 (Ref:440525)   #8
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
schaefer didnt want to continue the red bull contract, but it is true that he might take part in another championship, he has plans about that for several years now
Old 1 Dec 2002, 14:14 (Ref:440527)   #9
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
Quote:
Originally posted by Daisy
Roman Rusinov could join Primat at Saulnier, he tested for them at Magny Cours a few weeks ago.
Rusinov tested for Signature, not for Saulnier.
Old 1 Dec 2002, 17:35 (Ref:440649)   #10
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Shunt the Hunt
Rusinov tested for Signature, not for Saulnier.
You're right
Old 2 Dec 2002, 20:09 (Ref:441349)   #11
String
Rookie

String should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys seem to know a lot about the euro F3, I'll keep an eye on this topic for info. I love the idea of European F3 coming back, and I would hope it will attract the F1 talent scouts. Any news on possible Brit drivers getting in on it?
Old 2 Dec 2002, 23:23 (Ref:441448)   #12
27tim
Racer

27tim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did Roman go in the test, anyone know?

Last edited by 27tim; 2 Dec 2002 at 23:31.
Old 3 Dec 2002, 08:51 (Ref:441624)   #13
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by String
You guys seem to know a lot about the euro F3, I'll keep an eye on this topic for info. I love the idea of European F3 coming back, and I would hope it will attract the F1 talent scouts. Any news on possible Brit drivers getting in on it?
I know Lewis Hamilton is linked to the championship, but it isn't a strong link.

Quote:
Originally posted by 27tim
How did Roman go in the test, anyone know?
On November 9th Roman tested on F3 Dallara (engine Sodemo) for one of the leading French teams SIGNATURE, vice Champion of France 2002 and winner of Eurocup in Pau. The test took place on the famous French F1 circuit Magny Course. From the very first laps Roman, who had never before drove Formula 3 car, demonstrated his driving qualities and great adaptation ability, finally showing an exellent results and a significant progression. During the session Roman could test and evaluate the qualities of this single-seater, which is technologically close to F1. The dialogue between Roman and team's technical personnel was very constructive and immediate.

After the session of 60 laps was completed, the SIGNATURE team manager Philippe Sanault told he was highly satisfied with Roman's results.
(source=rusinov.com)

Does anyone know if Team Rosberg will enter the championship next season?
Old 3 Dec 2002, 11:12 (Ref:441676)   #14
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
Quote:
Originally posted by String
A French magazine, Auto-Hebdo, said that Hamilton could be involved with Mücke (the official Mercedes team). And I read last week in Autosport that Jamie Green was also in talks with Mercedes to run in the Euroseries. But I believe that Green will prefer running in the British championship with Carlin.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 09:49 (Ref:444919)   #15
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Green and Davison have both been in talks with the official Mercedes team but it semms that both are going to press hard for the Premier British seats, and then go to the Merc team if the British deals fall through.

Cam
Old 7 Dec 2002, 10:58 (Ref:444944)   #16
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
2002 German rookie of the year, Timo Glock, signed for Opel Team KMS for the 2003 Euroseries.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 19:00 (Ref:445179)   #17
String
Rookie

String should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since Jamie Green won the Autosport award that should give him a strong hand into Brit F3 with Carlin, sponsors like a possible future f1 boy, and with the award and backing, he should get a lot of interest to raise the rest of the dosh!

Then we will see if he is worthy of the coveted award, personally I think England should have got it, but if he gets in with Docking anyway we could see a good year with more than 2 players for the title!
Old 7 Dec 2002, 19:06 (Ref:445183)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Daisy
That's good news, hopefully there will be some good drivers and teams in the series. Briscoe (Kolles), Pla (ASM) will be there for sure, hopefully some more titlecadidates (Liuzzi, Winckelhock and Glock for example)
Briscoe a good driver? Hmm I woudnt go as far as to say good, just look at this season with Nordic in F3000..
Old 7 Dec 2002, 19:15 (Ref:445189)   #19
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well...did Nordic do anything this season?

They're probably not even back in 2003. Toyota was right to pull him from F3000 and put him in F3
Old 7 Dec 2002, 19:50 (Ref:445203)   #20
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
saleen, have you seen only one race of ryan in german f3? i think you haven´t! don´t talk about things you don´t know about...
he constantly finished in top6 and had many podium finishes...with only a few races he has beaten teammate campanico who isn´t a bad driver, in the point-standings...
he won the italian f renault championship and did a good job in the euro f renault
furthermore he´s always setting competetive lap times for toyota...this guy can´t be that bad
Old 7 Dec 2002, 20:03 (Ref:445206)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dont need to see him race in F3 he coudnt hack it on the world stage simple as that. A title winning team like Nordic dosent go from being the top team in F3000 in 2001 to one of the bottom teams in 2002 simply because of the team personal. The reason why they didnt do well is because they gambled on 2 in experinced drivers, and it didnt pay off.

Also if Derek Mower does sell its only because Chris Mower has left and gone to the USA. Finishing consistently in the top 6 in Formula 3 is one thing, doing it in F3000 is quite another, as he proved this year. He won the Italian Formula Renault championship big deal, its small time compared to F3000.

Im sure hes a erm consistent racer but hes not proved himself on the world stage in big powerful cars as of yet..
Old 7 Dec 2002, 23:07 (Ref:445282)   #22
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
I dont need to see him race in F3 he coudnt hack it on the world stage simple as that. A title winning team like Nordic dosent go from being the top team in F3000 in 2001 to one of the bottom teams in 2002 simply because of the team personal.
to me it seems that nordic dropped down, they new that the team won´t go on the next season and this could be a reason for no motivation...
ryan was really good in f3 and i don´t think that his abilities changed during these few weeks...
and about not being able to handle powerful cars: imo toyota f1 car is powerful and he handles is quite well
Old 7 Dec 2002, 23:16 (Ref:445290)   #23
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Okay so he can test a car well, testing a car is one thing handling a a racing car in race conditions is quite another. Nordic didnt know that they coudnt have done the same in 2002 as they had in 2001, after 2001 any driver on that grid would have signed for them.

They simply made a mistake in signing to inexperinced drivers. Teams can be dominant in F3000 providing they dont make mistakes the Super Nova outfit of David Sears has proved that in recent years. Nordic should have signed one proven race winner and then taken a gamble on the 2nd, they didnt and they paid the price.

Ryan im sure is a capable driver and he might have done well in F3000 if he had stayed for another year or 2, but he didnt. To be good in F3000 u normally need to be there for a couple of years to learn the tracks and the cars.

Ive got nothing against Briscoe, he just dosent seem to me to be anything fantastic. Doing well in Formula 3 is all very well and good but u have to be able to do well in the big leagues ie CART, F1, F3000 or else Im afraid drivers normally end up in a low class CART team or doing Sportscar racing.

Maybe Ryan will do another year of F3000 and suprise us, then again maybe he wont. Either way Im not going on a anti Ryan Briscoe campaign, im just saying from what Ive seen hes not proved himself - yet to be something to rave about.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 23:21 (Ref:445295)   #24
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
give him a chances, he´s still very young...it´s only his second year in single seaters, if you look on how expirienced most drivers in f3000 are, it´s no shame...and to me personally these car doesn´t seem to provide the knowledge that will be needed in f1, okay they are more powerful than f3, but imo f3 chassis are better...
Old 7 Dec 2002, 23:38 (Ref:445302)   #25
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
No the current F3000 chasis that was brought in this year is more in line with a contempary F1 car than a Formula F3 car, the new cars handle much the same now have the same ammount of downforce as the F1 cars and the tyres are the same size, as are the cars.

Read this and then tell me that F3 cars are more like a F1 car than the current F3000 spec chasis..http://www.formula-3000.net/newcar.php