Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Apr 2005, 19:05 (Ref:1287246)   #51
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
GT2 also has a limit.

And how stupid would it be if the GT1/2 cars ran with extra restriction in ACO events but not in FIA GT etc.
Exactly, its the ACO just throwing their weight around once again and unnecarcily IMO. If the ACO create new restrictions it will cause more havoc between the ACO series and the FIA GT championship. Lets hope as u suggested that this rule might not be enforced rigourusly.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1287254)   #52
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
It would seem pointless - go through a season of development only to be pegged back when the biggest race of the year comes around... I'm presuming the ACO imposed limits on safety grounds, and to protect the image of prototypes being the fastest cars on track - are they trying to fix things so LMP2 is quicker than GT1? Because they run about even at the minute, seemingly... or so I thought (but I'm well aware how wrong I've been on several occaisions lol)
LMP2 is and always will be quicker than GT1, the ACO just want to reafirm GT1 as the 3rd class in the pecking order!

Why not just remove the wings and splitters from the cars and let them develop the cars as much as possible?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1287275)   #53
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, I thought GT1 was either up there with them or pretty close.

I happen to think that wings and splitters make the cars, looks-wise - a modern sportscar without a rear wing just looks wrong.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1287298)   #54
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I happen to think that wings and splitters make the cars, looks-wise - a modern sportscar without a rear wing just looks wrong.
You mean like a Mclaren F1, Ferrari Enzo or Porsche Carrera GT road car?
Old 25 Apr 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1287341)   #55
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO pretty much any racecar would look better without wings, maybe even lmp's...
Old 3 May 2005, 07:14 (Ref:1291790)   #56
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It occurs to me that the DBR9's will most likely go into the Silverstone round with a distinct advantage over the Maserati's which will be subject to weight penalties accrued from Monza/Magny Cours. Can anyone confirm this or is there a ruling which could see the DBR9's penalised in their first FIAGT race?

If I am correct in my assumption, it's a shame. It would have been nice to see them meet on as equal terms as possible (hard I know until the revised MC12's arrive, but you know what I mean!).

Really looking forward to this event. My first sight/sound of both the DBR9's and the MC12's!
Old 3 May 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1291869)   #57
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I may be wrong, but I think the Astons will have a certain weight penalty because they're not competing in the whole season.
Old 3 May 2005, 10:20 (Ref:1291874)   #58
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
40Kg i believe
Old 3 May 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1291972)   #59
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shoudnt affect them too much hopefully, they wont be carrying any more ballast than there expected competition. Lets hope as mentioned in another thread that Russian age racing can get 2 cars on the grid for Silverstone. As well as the 2 Aston Martin's, if so we could then have 4 cars on the grid capable of beating the Maserati's, not forgetting the GPLK C5R and possibly the Labre Ferrari 550.
Old 3 May 2005, 12:50 (Ref:1292012)   #60
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
and possibly the Labre Ferrari 550.
Rather depends on who subs for Lamy, I suppose (and how well Gardel is going; Monza was impressive, Magny Cours was not).
Old 3 May 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1292313)   #61
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AM were afraid that Lamy would give them a weight penalty from Magny-Cours - a report in Autosport wrote about how they could avoid that - I can't remember what it was off-hand, something about factory support and entering but not scoring points... something like that. A possible need for a G1 class, perhaps?
Old 3 May 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1292410)   #62
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
FIA GT - Silverstone confirmed entry list

Hello,

Is there a website which has an entry list for the FIA GT race at Silverstone? it's only a week and a half away and FIA GT website doesn't have anything yet. Wondered if there were any more up-to-date websites which could have this info.

I'm taking a friend to the race, and he's kinda eager to know... it's his first international race, and without even going he's already obsessed with Saleens lol

But I was thinking more along the lines of any guest entries, for example last year at Donington we had Scuderia Ecosse and the Synergy TVRs.

Any help please? Or will I have to wait until the FIA site is updated with the info?

cheers,

Martyn
Old 3 May 2005, 22:17 (Ref:1292440)   #63
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
From the Magny Cours Entry add a Ferrari 360 from Cirtek, remove all the Brit GTs except Embassy (though others are possible they are unlikely as there is a race the following weekend - and another the weekend after that!!)
I believe we may not see the GPC Ferrarin 575 either.

Oh and add the Astons of course
Old 3 May 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1292448)   #64
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entrylists are usually given out about a week before the race, so don't expect one before monday I'd say.

@Graham: GPC taking it to LMES then?
Old 4 May 2005, 04:05 (Ref:1292543)   #65
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Two threads about Silverstone entry list ? Mmm, great expectations for this race, methink

Merged anyway...
Old 6 May 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1294442)   #66
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Add a second Mosler!
Old 6 May 2005, 14:58 (Ref:1294443)   #67
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Great news! Always nice to have additional entries in the G2 class.
Old 6 May 2005, 14:59 (Ref:1294444)   #68
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Aah yes sorry I created the 2nd thread about it - I was trying to refer to a printed list of entries rather than speculation about who's in it and who's not.

Speak of who's not, there'll be no Lambo now...
Old 6 May 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1294452)   #69
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Aah yes sorry I created the 2nd thread about it - I was trying to refer to a printed list of entries rather than speculation about who's in it and who's not.

Speak of who's not, there'll be no Lambo now...
FIA GT really does the need the variety of the Lambo. If the Astons were not there I would be very dissapointed in the entry list.
Old 6 May 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1294454)   #70
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
it's reported in Autosport - Reiter won't take the Lambo to Silverstone because they are going testing instead to try and cure a gearbox fault they got at Magny-Cours.

I'm gutted, I really wanted to see that car!
Old 6 May 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1294455)   #71
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
The FIA GT championship has plenty of variety. We have Ferrari 550s capable of winning races, or we will do from Silverstone onwards with Bouchet having a competitive team mate to partner him, as well as a C5R who is defintly capable of springing a few wins this year, then of course the JMB and Vitaphone MC12'S, oh and the DBR9 for Silverstone and probably the Spa 24hrs too of course.
Old 6 May 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1294458)   #72
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Some cars don't have to be competitive to be adored by fans - look at the TVRs in 2004 for example. Think the FIA GT championship needs cars like that to keep the series down on earth - cars like the Lister, the Lambo, Mosler - not particularly competitive but we do get disappointed if they don't attend. That's proper variety! Shame though because the R-GT was starting to get into a competitive stride...?
Old 6 May 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1294460)   #73
JAG
Veteran

England
Seems strange to say when we have so many beautiful sounding V12s and brutal V8s, but I would love to see/hear a turbo powered GT1 car.

Variety of engines and sounds is what makes sportscar racing so special for me.
Old 6 May 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1294519)   #74
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
wasn't there a rumour about a turbo 575 ??

Ciao Marco
Old 7 May 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1294949)   #75
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The provisional list is online: http://www.planetlemans.com/index.ph...d=941&Itemid=2