Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 May 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1295019)   #76
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
28 car grid, not bad at all. Nice to see such a strong GT1 field. Lets hope the Aston Martin boys can make it 3 differnt winners from 3 rounds.
Old 7 May 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1295136)   #77
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why only one car for Larbre????? The 3 drivers in that car Calderari/Bryner/zachiaa were adamant that they remain in the FIA series...what gives
Old 8 May 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1295788)   #78
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see the G2/GT2 entries too - TVR, 2x360's and 3 Moslers - plus Embassy racing's Porsche - LNT vs Gruppe M - hell of a battle, that!

Just the variety we need after the Lambo news
Old 8 May 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1295943)   #79
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cant wait to see the Aston..

does anyone know if the paddock is open to the public on Friday testing ?
Old 8 May 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1296037)   #80
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Labres Chance have improved signifcantly of getting another win IMO with the news that reigning FIA GT champion Fabrizio Gollin is joining the team partnering both Lamy and Gardel. There is no weak link in that team at the moment IMO, not even Gardel, sure hes not quite as fast as Lamy or Gollin but hes still defintly a very fast professional driver. Good news.
Old 8 May 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1296046)   #81
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Labres Chance have improved signifcantly of getting another win IMO with the news that reigning FIA GT champion Fabrizio Gollin is joining the team partnering both Lamy and Gardel. There is no weak link in that team at the moment IMO, not even Gardel, sure hes not quite as fast as Lamy or Gollin but hes still defintly a very fast professional driver. Good news.
Gollin and Gardel will drive the car in Silverstone, Gollin won't partner Lamy as well. Gollin is in the car for the races that Lamy will do with Aston Martin.

We won't see Reiter anymore this year unless a paydriver steps in; Lamborghini gave them 2 options: Either receive a certain amount of money for the Murcielago development, meaning they'd have to hand over the cars to the factory, or keeping the cars and rights and not receive any money. Reiter chose for the latter in the hope to prove the car and get some sponsoring, but it didn't work out and there isn't enough funding to do the rest of the series.
Old 9 May 2005, 04:59 (Ref:1296244)   #82
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
.....We won't see Reiter anymore this year unless a paydriver steps in;.....
Very sad news! And just as the car was beginning to look competitive.
Old 9 May 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1296401)   #83
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bloody shame, i was looking forward to seeing that car it rminds me of the US B1 OR B2 plane! Gun metal grey and all that.

I can't find a timetable for Sunday anywhere???? checked most sites but no avail. any help welcome!
Old 9 May 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1296413)   #84
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
...I can't find a timetable for Sunday anywhere???? checked most sites but no avail. any help welcome!
Go to FIAGT official website, click on 'downloads' at the top of the homepage and you'll find the timetable at the bottom of the list. On track action starts 8am with the FIAGT warm up.
Old 9 May 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1296435)   #85
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Oh dear, I've just checked the weather forecast! Cold, wet and windy!!
Old 9 May 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1296490)   #86
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Thanks for lead but I've tried that and the link appears to be broken??
Old 9 May 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1296548)   #87
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
, not even Gardel, sure hes not quite as fast as Lamy or Gollin but hes still defintly a very fast professional driver. Good news.
Gardel is not a professional. He pays for his drives. The usual interpretation of professional and non-professional is either paying for or getting paid to drive
Old 9 May 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1296551)   #88
E. Becclestone
Racer

E. Becclestone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try this one: http://www.brdc.co.uk/cbb_files/WTC%...ersion%203.doc
Old 9 May 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1296556)   #89
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Thanks for lead but I've tried that and the link appears to be broken??
Works fine for me. Have you got Adobe Acrobat installed properly?

FIAGT warm up 8 - 8:15
FIAGT race 10:15 - 13:15

WTCC warm up 8:25 - 8:40
WTCC race1 14:10 - 14:35
WTCC race2 15:15 - 15:40

Ferrari Challenge race2 16:20 - 17:10

Hopefully that gives you the basics.
Old 9 May 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1296638)   #90
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

That's brill, thanks very much.

Was hoping for bit more on support race side, but can't have everything!!
Old 9 May 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1296695)   #91
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I agree Chunterer, would be nice to have a stronger support package. Something like the World series by Renault which has replaced the old Formula Renault V6 Eurocup, maybe that will happen soon, that series lacks strong partner series and the FIA GT/WTCC series would certainly welcome them I would imagine.
Old 10 May 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1297464)   #92
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
how about a britsport support?
Old 10 May 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1297783)   #93
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Never going to happen
Old 10 May 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1297791)   #94
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
World Series by Renault however is a distinct possibilty. The series has the same aims and aspirations of both the FIA GT and WTCC.
Old 11 May 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1298577)   #95
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
So, to ask again, why only one Larbre car? Funding problems? Does this mean they're down to one car for the rest of the season?
Old 11 May 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1298606)   #96
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they'll just skip this round because Lamy is driving the AM in their (probably) one of appearance in FIA GT this year.
Old 11 May 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1298631)   #97
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I think Jeffery has hit the nail on the head, im hoping for 2 Labre entries from the Spa 24hrs onwards. Having said that though there has been rumors of late that Aston Martin may well enter the Spa 24hrs too so Labre would need to find another driver as Lamy Woudnt be available. Still, id rather have 2 Aston Martin's on the grid and 1 Labre 550 than 0 Aston Martin's and 2 Labre 550s.
Old 11 May 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1298636)   #98
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AM are entering one or two rounds later on in the year too, aren't they? Or am I getting mixed up again?
Old 11 May 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1298640)   #99
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I'm lucky I can escape work on friday at noon and get to see the second free practice session for free.... otherwise family commitments (big bro's 40th) keep me from the race... to repeat an earlier question will the paddock be open? or more especially, do they bother posting a guard on friday?? will anything be open at all (the bar)(?)
also, on a friday, can one drive thru' th' main gate to park??
Old 11 May 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1298652)   #100
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey-Lee
I think they'll just skip this round because Lamy is driving the AM in their (probably) one of appearance in FIA GT this year.

I'm surprised that Calderari / Byrner / Zacchia aren't racing at Silverstone. These are all well-heeled, extremely so in Calderari's case, pay-drivers.

Perhaps Calderari and Bryner are potential partners for Patrice Gouselard at Le Mans and funds are being diverted for this event??