Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Jun 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2718642)   #101
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what could the future be for the GT1 WC? Move everything to GT3 regs?
Old 27 Jun 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2718666)   #102
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GT Pro and GT Am with the same GT2 cars, what does it mean ? Lieb/Lietz thats Pro and Ashburn/Companc thats Am ?
Old 4 Jul 2010, 05:26 (Ref:2721665)   #103
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ratel must have some really good smoke!! He flabbergasts me almost every time he opens his mouth.

Quote:
Stéphane Ratel has also posed on the choice of the COA to no longer allow the WG1 at the 24 hours of le mans and in Le Mans Series. His answer is abundantly clear: "decision of the COA, it is better news that I could have.". I always wanted a single product. With the WG1, this is done. The COA wants the P1 to be faster than the P2, the P2 are faster than the WG1... This forced us to reduce the performance of the WG1.
Here

L.P.
Old 4 Jul 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2721705)   #104
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
GT Pro and GT Am with the same GT2 cars, what does it mean ? Lieb/Lietz thats Pro and Ashburn/Companc thats Am ?
The GT-AM cars have to be 1 year old and can only run drivers that are classed as 'Bronze' or 'Silver'

GT-PRO can be anything you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
So what could the future be for the GT1 WC? Move everything to GT3 regs?
Personally I think that the GT WC should run to the GT-PRO/GT-AM classes - and be under ACO control

Then, have a European GT series using GT3 cars on the same basis, but with the PRO class running GT3 cars without all the performance balancing and the AM cars running GT3 in their current performance balanced form
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 4 Jul 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2721712)   #105
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think that GT Pro and GT Am won't work at all, look at the FIA GT3, how on earth a factory driver like Marco Holezr is GOLD !!! he must be Platinum and have nothing to do there !
Old 4 Jul 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2721741)   #106
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
can only run drivers that are classed as 'Bronze' or 'Silver'
I thought it was: "...and at least two drivers conforming to the Bronze or Silver driver classifications (the same classifications apply this season in LMP2)."

So they can still have a pro in the car as well.

Tom.
Old 4 Jul 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2721747)   #107
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm ok with the GTWC and Le Mans going their own ways. If they can't work together, then at least they can exist in the same universe without causing problems. It's not like what ever Ratel says will effect Le Mans in anyway now, and we can just get on watching the races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
The GT-AM cars have to be 1 year old and can only run drivers that are classed as 'Bronze' or 'Silver'

GT-PRO can be anything you like.

Personally I think that the GT WC should run to the GT-PRO/GT-AM classes - and be under ACO control

Then, have a European GT series using GT3 cars on the same basis, but with the PRO class running GT3 cars without all the performance balancing and the AM cars running GT3 in their current performance balanced form

What would the ACO want with the GTWC. I thought they would rather see the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup being one of the big four world championships?
Old 4 Jul 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2721877)   #108
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
I think that GT Pro and GT Am won't work at all, look at the FIA GT3, how on earth a factory driver like Marco Holezr is GOLD !!! he must be Platinum and have nothing to do there !
GTE Am works for teams like Alphand.

They run a top class operatation with great machinary but are always at least 1 year behind in terms of spec and have a number of amateur drivers.

You can't expect them to go up against half a dozen factory GT teams.
Old 4 Jul 2010, 23:17 (Ref:2721956)   #109
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
What is WG1? Never heard that acronym.
Old 7 Jul 2010, 09:05 (Ref:2722939)   #110
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assuming he just forgot a T, WGT1, or FIA GT1 WC for the long acronym.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2730639)   #111
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Not really sure where to put it, but we know that Matech said some time ago that they're not going to build any Ford GTs for anything other than GT1 and GT3 i.e. the Rat's championships.

Well... they backtracked on that. http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-4877.html
Old 22 Jul 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2730647)   #112
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting that Martin Bartek is talking about a run of 10 chassis, with first deliveries late this year. Could that mean he's already got customers signed up for at least some of these?
Old 22 Jul 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2730653)   #113
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I do believe the writing is on the wall for GT1... even for those who were stubborn enough to try and drag it out this year.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2730662)   #114
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
It's interesting isn't it? Martin Bartek did start up Matech to have GT's racing at Le Mans again.

I've got no issue with there being a GT sprint series, but seeing as there is now GT2 versions of the GT1 cars -Apart from Nissan- would it not make sense now for the GTWC to switch to GT2 regs?
Old 22 Jul 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2730859)   #115
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matech GT2 is coming! http://www.matech-concepts.ch/index_en.htm
Old 22 Jul 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2730879)   #116
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Interesting that Martin Bartek is talking about a run of 10 chassis, with first deliveries late this year. Could that mean he's already got customers signed up for at least some of these?
The press release said "up to 10" chassis. I chalk that up to wishful thinking. The original plans for the Doran built Fords talked about 6-8 chassis as well. Robertson's have 2, and the ex-Black Swan chassis is in the hands of the ACS team currently not racing.
I hope to see teams running the Ford next season in GT2, and I believe Matech has no problems with running the cars themselves, but I don't know how many they can sell. Maybe the VDS team wants a pair?
Old 22 Jul 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2730908)   #117
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The press release said "up to 10" chassis. I chalk that up to wishful thinking. The original plans for the Doran built Fords talked about 6-8 chassis as well. Robertson's have 2, and the ex-Black Swan chassis is in the hands of the ACS team currently not racing.
I hope to see teams running the Ford next season in GT2, and I believe Matech has no problems with running the cars themselves, but I don't know how many they can sell. Maybe the VDS team wants a pair?
All down to the 2011 GT1/3 championships (do teams want to move to the LMS or not) and what teams want to do Le Mans, then theres the issue of the FIA GT2 European championship
Old 23 Jul 2010, 03:34 (Ref:2730964)   #118
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
This is good news! Matech make good cars so I can see them selling to teams other then them and VDS (if they do want to run in LMS/Le Mans).

One wonders what this will do for WGT1, can Matech run in both classes? Maybe Bartek is hedging his bets, if GT1 folds then they have GT2 to fall back on.
Old 25 Jul 2010, 21:27 (Ref:2732839)   #119
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't wait to see that car on the track against the Porsches, Ferraris, Spykers, BMWs, Astons in Europe.