Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Aug 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3287007)   #51
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Inside of 12 is not maintained, has not been for 15-20+ years.
The trail that is on the inside of the track from The Kink to Turn 12 is maintained. Maintained means that brush has been cleared and a path is made.

The gravel slope that is the highlight of my trip to make it down without killing myself is certainly not maintained, and is incredibly dangerous to navigate. To get to the inside of Turn 12, you have two options:

1/2 mile trail hike from behind the karting track to Turn 12

100 yard downhill "adventure" from behind the Lions Camp stand.

It's your choice...
Old 7 Aug 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3287008)   #52
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I've experienced both, and I'll take the walk from the Kink, at least when going in the downhill direction. It also has the advantage of several small breaks in the trees where you can look down on the track as the cars whip past at full tilt.
Old 7 Aug 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3287018)   #53
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
The trail that is on the inside of the track from The Kink to Turn 12 is maintained. Maintained means that brush has been cleared and a path is made.

The gravel slope that is the highlight of my trip to make it down without killing myself is certainly not maintained, and is incredibly dangerous to navigate. To get to the inside of Turn 12, you have two options:

1/2 mile trail hike from behind the karting track to Turn 12

100 yard downhill "adventure" from behind the Lions Camp stand.

It's your choice...
It was the downhill adventure I was speaking of...I figured everyone knew about the trail from the kink to 12...I'll be honest, you NEVER see anyone down there. Ever.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 8 Aug 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3287102)   #54
Tim Adams
Rookie

Tim Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
You could before too. You just had to be in the right spot.

And I know I can get inside 12...I'll get some pics this weekend and demonstrate...are you on Canon-POTN? Or are you a Nikon type?
Canon. Don't post there too much. I only post links since my pics are too big for there posting guidelines. I post most of my stuff at Fred Miranda, the air racing websites, Facebook, and of course my own website.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 02:37 (Ref:3287129)   #55
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
It'll be good to see AJR with an all-pro driver lineup.
They had that lineup at Mosport, no? Didn't make miracles happen there. Good drivers but it's still a semi-pro and someone without tons of GT experience coupled with Yokohama tires. The Risi lineup is not ideal, but they should likely have the edge still as long as the car isn't flung at the weeds.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 03:25 (Ref:3287138)   #56
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I've experienced both, and I'll take the walk from the Kink, at least when going in the downhill direction. It also has the advantage of several small breaks in the trees where you can look down on the track as the cars whip past at full tilt.
http://s75.photobucket.com/user/Poin...53a05.mp4.html

For those who haven't made the trip down there. This video is from a legal distance. There is a fence preventing people from going closer that has been knocked down in years past. RA has became more strict since that glorious year....
Old 8 Aug 2013, 04:04 (Ref:3287144)   #57
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

For those who haven't made the trip down there. This video is from a legal distance. There is a fence preventing people from going closer that has been knocked down in years past. RA has became more strict since that glorious year....
That looks to be about as close as we get at VIR before the esses. 25-30 ft from the tarmac.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 06:46 (Ref:3287186)   #58
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Been there, done that...
Old 8 Aug 2013, 13:28 (Ref:3287317)   #59
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pagenaud and Gonzalez rejoin Level 5 for Road America. Looking forward to seeing Pagenaud back in the ALMS, even if it just a one-off.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-road-america/
Old 8 Aug 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3287367)   #60
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
Pagenaud and Gonzalez rejoin Level 5 for Road America. Looking forward to seeing Pagenaud back in the ALMS, even if it just a one-off.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-road-america/
That will be a great addition for Level 5. Also of note is the fact that Mr Tucker will only be driving a single car this weekend - the 551.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3287379)   #61
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Headed to the airport in about an hour. I look forward to meeting more 10/10th-ers! Feel free to stop by the Falken Tire rig anytime.

-Kelly
Old 8 Aug 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3287386)   #62
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
The Ten-Tenths supported Spotter Guide is now online, just the usual #68 TRG to confirm drivers.

Download the guide at www.spotterguides.com/2013-alms or the official ALMS Site
Guide updated with driver changes at Level5 Motorsport and TRG (#68) along with new livery at TRG (#66) and the rumoured livery for #7 BAR-1. Same link as shown above
Old 8 Aug 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3287404)   #63
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
When was the #20 Dyson scheduled to join the LMP1 field, if at all?

I seem to remember Dyson Racing mentioning something of that sort.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3287409)   #64
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
When was the #20 Dyson scheduled to join the LMP1 field, if at all?

I seem to remember Dyson Racing mentioning something of that sort.
No #20. Dyson have pay drivers (McMurry and Burgess) in the #16 for some of the remaining races while the team focuses on 2014. http://dysonracing.com/company/news/...p?news_id=1246
Old 8 Aug 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3287413)   #65
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope somebody at the track takes pictures of ALMS cars and Grand am cars parked next to each other.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3287414)   #66
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I hope somebody at the track takes pictures of ALMS cars and Grand am cars parked next to each other.
That already happened with hilarious results.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3287415)   #67
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!

This is one of them. Not the best (In terms of Car Comparison)

Old 9 Aug 2013, 00:53 (Ref:3287450)   #68
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
The Ten-Tenths supported Spotter Guide is now online, just the usual #68 TRG to confirm drivers.

Download the guide at www.spotterguides.com/2013-alms or the official ALMS Site
Another (hopfully last) update!

IMSA GT3 runner Madison Snow is in at TRG in the #68 and livery change/confirmation on #7 BAR-1 (like #8 but with reversed colors).
Old 9 Aug 2013, 04:33 (Ref:3287474)   #69
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Thanks again, Andy. I wish TRG would finalize their entries for the rest of the season. I dislike all of this flip-flopping nonsense.
Old 9 Aug 2013, 06:02 (Ref:3287494)   #70
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
you and me both!
Old 9 Aug 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3287665)   #71
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

This is one of them. Not the best (In terms of Car Comparison)

There's nothing unusual about the picture of the Camaro and the Porsche. They've been racing together in the same Grand-Am races (same CLASS actually) for years now. In fact, the Flying Lizard Porsche Cup and Stevenson Camaro raced against each other in the Rolex 24 last year.

Andy Flinn

Last edited by ACFlinn; 9 Aug 2013 at 17:02.
Old 9 Aug 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3287672)   #72
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
The Stevenson livery, most likely inspired by Flying Lizard, looks great parked next to the Porsche (also great).

Andy Flinn

Last edited by ACFlinn; 9 Aug 2013 at 17:18.
Old 9 Aug 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3287678)   #73
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
The Stevenson livery, most likely inspired by Flying Lizard, looks great parked next to the Porsche (also great).

Andy Flinn
Respectfully disagree. I see stock Camaro graphics more prominently, and for some reason, the Stevenson car shaped like a Camaro looks poorly proportioned when I think of the road going Camaro. Maybe because the headlight stickers look awkward, and the wheels do not fill the fenders.

I voted with my money to not watch cars like that, and will continue to do so.
Old 9 Aug 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3287681)   #74
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The wheels, tires, and livery on the Stevenson Conti Camaro looks better.
Old 9 Aug 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3287710)   #75
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
The wheels, tires, and livery on the Stevenson Conti Camaro looks better.
Personally, I like the livery of the Rolex GT car better than the Conti car. I don't like the fake headlights though, although they aren't as obvious when it's racing around the track compared to when it's parked I think.

It may be a tube frame, but that Camaro is one of my favorite cars running today. I like the livery a lot, I like both drivers a lot, I like the team a lot, and I love the way it gobbles up the curbs and looks very compliant. I may be a bit biased though, as I grew up in a Chevy household and have always liked Camaros.

I wish there was a diecast version of the car I could buy.