Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 1 Mar 2003, 17:52 (Ref:521518)   #1
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Refreshing

Hows this for a refreshing thread?

I'm a champ car fan and yet I'm quite excited about this years IRL championship!

Incredible, no?

Since September 11 motorsport has taken a huge finacial blow (possibly for its own good) F1 grids are shrinking, Champ car grids are shrinking and Superbike grids are shrinking.

When will people learn that relentless bashing of this series will not help either series.

Ideally one series is better but that isn't goona happen. Cart has moved in a different direction now and it's about time that we gave IRL at least a little respect as the Offical "Indycar series"

I still prefer CART but this is earlier days and i am eager to see IRL grow.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 17:56 (Ref:521529)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're a Cart fan and you're eager to see the IRL grow? You must not have been following American open-wheel racing for very long then.

If it's broadcast here, I'll probably check in on the IRL race once to see how empty the grandstands are... The only thing I go for wrt the IRL is that nobody gets hurt.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 1 Mar 2003, 17:58 (Ref:521531)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I too am eagar to see it grow, with the famous names coming in and the fresh talent that the Infinit Pro Series offers, I'm sure it will do just that.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 18:13 (Ref:521539)   #4
AGRfan
Rookie

AGRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i also like both series. i watch both, personally i wish they would unite ,so that ow racing could start growing again. the way it's going now . in 5 years, you might not see ow racing on tv at all. what sponsor and new fans want to deal with all this name calling 3rd grade ****. everyone needs to put there pride down and just enjoy ow racing, while it still here. and i've bin watching ow racing for 12 years. we all know what went down, now is the time to fix it . while it still can be. later, take a chill pill and enjoy life!!!!!!!!
Old 1 Mar 2003, 18:38 (Ref:521548)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think CART should keep some ovals and at least 50% US races, as that's what its all about. But over teh last 2 years its reached a point where both series are aiming ofr different sections of the market, and both have reasons to exist, with missions very different from even 3 years ago.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 19:34 (Ref:521578)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AGRfan
i also like both series. i watch both, personally i wish they would unite ,so that ow racing could start growing again. the way it's going now . in 5 years, you might not see ow racing on tv at all. what sponsor and new fans want to deal with all this name calling 3rd grade ****. everyone needs to put there pride down and just enjoy ow racing, while it still here. and i've bin watching ow racing for 12 years. we all know what went down, now is the time to fix it . while it still can be. later, take a chill pill and enjoy life!!!!!!!!
good post, I could not agree more.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 22:14 (Ref:521728)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Its good to see fans from both sides enjoying each series for what their strong points are.

I have grown up with road racing my whole life and love therefore Im a cart fan , but the ovals offer something a bit different and ive become a fan of those as well hence my liking for the IRL.

either way both series are great and it doesnt bother me if they dont unite cause that means I get to see more racing

but thats just me being greedy of course , some form of unification is needed for the sport to go forward , but if it doesnt happen I believe both series can survive on their own merits.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 22:22 (Ref:521739)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got to say that I can watch CART live and I can't watch IRL live. So that's a point for CART. Not that I'll die if I can't see IRL live.
Old 1 Mar 2003, 22:36 (Ref:521754)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I have no choice in the matter Jordi , here in australia we get the Indycar series live on cable TV but the cart series we get a delayed telecast of one whole day , its annoying trying to avoid results for 24hrs , but I usually manage to do it
Old 2 Mar 2003, 05:53 (Ref:522090)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As you said marcus we grow up with predominently road racing here. I have to say it is the ovals that appeal to me the most with regards to Indycar/CART racing.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 09:56 (Ref:523273)   #11
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to add though that the IRL website is rubbish.

Especially compared to CARTs superduper website.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 10:09 (Ref:523285)   #12
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
alesi95, agreed the IRL site is pathetic, CART has the best official website of any motor racing series.

I will never be an IRL fan. That is not to say I can not like drivers or circuits in the series, but as a CART fan, Tony George's existence means I can never enjoy IRL, without worrying that he is working to destruct Champ Car racing.

I will watch the Indy 500, and I hope Scott Dixon wins, but Champ Car is where my heart lies. Full stop.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 10:14 (Ref:523288)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
have you guys looked at the new-look indyracing.com? it looks much better now.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 11:34 (Ref:523339)   #14
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's better but still short on content...
Old 3 Mar 2003, 23:37 (Ref:523980)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
actually Ive found the site harder to navigate , Im sure in time I will work it out but for now I am a tad confused by it.

but the general look does seem better.