Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 26 Feb 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1532154)   #1
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate it when that happens.

Click HEREto see why.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 23:45 (Ref:1532166)   #2
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 26 Feb 2006, 23:51 (Ref:1532169)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ouch.

**Bad language warning if you do go there**
Old 27 Feb 2006, 01:39 (Ref:1532202)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oops.

Looks like the automotive equivalent of trying to leapfrog a bollard and not quite clearing it...
Old 27 Feb 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1532654)   #5
Rich D
Racer

Canada
Acton, Ontario
Rich D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh, was trying to get the "Smoking 4 wheel drift" that they show in the Ford commercial.........
Old 27 Feb 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1532686)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
Looks like the automotive equivalent of trying to leapfrog a bollard and not quite clearing it...
Bollards. Yes, I expect that's roughly what he said.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1532708)   #7
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tis a shame to ruin such a beautiful car
Old 27 Feb 2006, 21:15 (Ref:1532736)   #8
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxey77
Tis a shame to ruin such a beautiful car
does seem strangely familiar though........ "car driven into stationary wooden object" eh moxey ?????
Old 27 Feb 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1532758)   #9
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually feel dumber after having read some of the comments in response!
Old 28 Feb 2006, 00:27 (Ref:1532860)   #10
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks pretty repairable
Old 1 Mar 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1534109)   #11
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
I actually feel dumber after having read some of the comments in response!
Yes, I had the same feeling!

My personal favourite was the post about the bollard going into the engine compartment....

I gave up shortly afterwards!
Old 1 Mar 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1534125)   #12
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt917
Yes, I had the same feeling!

My personal favourite was the post about the bollard going into the engine compartment....

I gave up shortly afterwards!
What post where you reading?
Old 1 Mar 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1534138)   #13
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
What post where you reading?
That's in one of the posts below all the pictures, you have to scroll down quite a way to find it.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 01:01 (Ref:1534300)   #14
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmot
Looks pretty repairable
Indeed I've got worse through the MOT .
Old 2 Mar 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1534656)   #15
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle
That's in one of the posts below all the pictures, you have to scroll down quite a way to find it.
Yes, that's what I was referring to. I know noone on ten-tenths would make such a gaff!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 18:50 (Ref:1558770)   #16
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Another "link" (broadband will help)

Click for an animation. You have to watch a commercial first.

Last edited by Bluebottle; 10 Apr 2006 at 09:16. Reason: Link no longer has any connection with the thread.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1558788)   #17
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The comments to those photos certainly show an interesting cross section of the bottom-of-the-internet-pond life.

Where were the mods when they really need them.

Regards

Jim
Old 9 Apr 2006, 23:51 (Ref:1575081)   #18
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Another Comment

The plot thickens:

So now it's been a few weeks since the illustrious Mr. Erikkson trashed his million-dollar Ferrari on Pacific Coast highway, & the plot has thickened.

This is turning into an enjoyable bit of intrigue, so I figured I'd send along some of the added goods I've been sent &/or come across for the perusing enjoyment of all you scandal-philes out there. For instance, a friend passed along some interesting links his son (who's involved in the electronic gaming world) dug up from within the industry.

The 1st link is a rather amusing FLOW CHART showing the convoluted scheme dreamed up by Erikkson & Co.; quite fascinating, actually, & worth the look (even if it is a little hard to read).

The 2nd link is an industry STORY about the Gizmondo device that was the axis of the entire scam. There are links within the article that connect many of the dots; some of this takes a little bit of E-cruising, something I'm not normally fond of slogging thru, but in this case, the more I read the more astounded I became w/how this whole deal was assembled. Give yourself about 20 minutes to read it all, & I bet you'll find it worthwhile. Somebody's going to write a TV movie outta this one, mark my words!

Also, just yesterday another article in the L.A. Times caught my eye; remember the bit about the whole schlamozzle allegedly happening because the Enzo was in an impromptu race w/a Mercedes SLR McClaren? Well, guess whose wife was stopped in Beverly Hills driving a Euro-plated SLR?

See the L.A. Times story .

Now our hero is out another high-dollar ($450K) car, heh heh. I'm sure there will be more to this "novella" before it's all over & done with. Stay tuned.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1577748)   #19
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
A "link"

Justice, at last(?).

Today's update

Last edited by Bluebottle; 11 Apr 2006 at 09:04. Reason: Note, this link requires you to register before you can see it- not the best kind of link to give us ;)
Old 10 Apr 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1577841)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oops.
Quote:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 11 Apr 2006, 10:39 (Ref:1578422)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Arrest Is Made in Ferrari Accident

Stefan Eriksson, held on suspicion of grand theft, hadn't made payments on the Enzo wrecked in Malibu or on two other cars, authorities say.

Sheriff's deputies have arrested the Swedish video game executive who crashed in a rare Ferrari in Malibu in February, alleging that he didn't own that car and others in his $3.5-million exotic car collection, authorities said Sunday.
In brief, an outline of what the article says....
Old 19 Apr 2006, 00:18 (Ref:1588169)   #22
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Here we go, again

Try this one:

L. A. Times

Apparently the `links' are immediate for a few days, then they are archived and require `registration' at the website. The registration is free and benign.