Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4067231)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2021 24 Hours of Le Mans - Race week thread

The race needs very little introduction, it is the reason many of us are sportscar fans. It is both inspiring and unpredictable. Clear favorites on paper can fail through the night. New heroes can emerge with a single mega stint, or performance in less than ideal conditions.

This year is the first year of a new top prototype class - Hypercar. We have two brand new cars from reigning champions Toyota and two from Le Mans debutant Glickenhaus Racing. They will be joined by a grandfathered LMP1 R13 under the guise of Alpine Racing. The new cars have not had perfect reliability in the early races this year, so an overall race victor coming from this class is less than certain.

There are 25 LMP2 cars on the entry list this year. They are not racing in the same spec as previous years. They are heavier and have had their power reduced. Will this impact their reliability? If not, it will be entirely possible to have an LMP2 car on the overall podium, possibly locking it out!

In GTE Pro there are a pair of Ferraris and Corvettes taking the fight to four Porsches. Interestingly, this class features two non-platinum drivers. Cooper MacNeil in the Weathertech Porsche is Silver rated, and Dries Vanthoor is a Gold driver in the Hub Auto Porsche. The competitiveness of those cars will certainly depend on those drivers performances.

The GTE Am class is large with 8 Porsches battling 11 Ferraris and 4 Aston Martins. This class is wide open with many teams expecting to have a shot at the win.

Entry List

Schedule

Weather

Track Map

Radio Le Mans

Session Results

Timing & Scoring

Spotters Guide
Attached Thumbnails
60f964f089be7.jpg  

Last edited by joeb; 17 Aug 2021 at 16:39.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4067243)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great stuff, thanks Joe!
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4067250)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Moaning

Remember this is a race thread. For discussion on Sports car/endurance sporting regulations click on this link
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4067251)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Live Timing

I can never remember where it is, so here is the link:

FIA WEC website
https://www.fiawec.com/en/live
(It is also available in the WEC app)

Let me know an alternatives and I will edit this post so the information remains on the first page.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4067253)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Fantastic. The race is nearly here

I haven’t set-up yet. Need to arrange monitors, set-up telly and radio, beer, etc…

Warned the neighbours not to come round…
Old 17 Aug 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4067260)   #6
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Too bad no sponsor was willing to provide the $$$ for Andy Blackmore to make a spotter guide this year. That spotter gudie that the WEC provides just is not in the same league as Andy's quality. I prefer the cars facing left the way Andy does it too.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4067262)   #7
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Too bad no sponsor was willing to provide the $$$ for Andy Blackmore to make a spotter guide this year. That spotter gudie that the WEC provides just is not in the same league as Andy's quality. I prefer the cars facing left the way Andy does it too.
Big shame! My son was eagerly waitimg to cut out the different cars by scissors
Old 17 Aug 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4067267)   #8
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I can never remember where it is, so here is the link:

FIA WEC website
https://www.fiawec.com/en/live
(It is also available in the WEC app)

Let me know an alternatives and I will edit this post so the information remains on the first page.
I knew I was going to forget a link for something! I added Timing to the OP and will also try to update fresh options as they present themselves. In the past there has been a Chrome extension called "Better timing for no race in particular" Not sure if that still works.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4067268)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just to spice things up (despite the torture for me), this was taken by my son about 30 minutes ago.... sadly it's only SD

https://youtu.be/Ouf9ETXsKUA
Old 17 Aug 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4067272)   #10
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Just to spice things up (despite the torture for me), this was taken by my son about 30 minutes ago.... sadly it's only SD

Thanks for that. Agonising.
Old 17 Aug 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4067278)   #11
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unofficial spotters guide...

https://twitter.com/GrosiakMateusz/s...687446529?s=19

https://spotters.guide/
Old 17 Aug 2021, 16:43 (Ref:4067280)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Both look like great work
Old 17 Aug 2021, 16:44 (Ref:4067282)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:

Brilliant, thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Printed
Old 17 Aug 2021, 21:53 (Ref:4067317)   #14
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Wonder if we'll have that Chrome extension again for that special live timing
Old 18 Aug 2021, 04:14 (Ref:4067336)   #15
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello, sorry if the question is redundant, but is there a public frequency of Radio Le Mans at la Sarthe this year ? If it is, which number on the radio ?

Last edited by Michel Vaillant; 18 Aug 2021 at 04:24.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4067342)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Hello, sorry if the question is redundant, but is there a public frequency of Radio Le Mans at la Sarthe this year ? If it is, which number on the radio ?
As far as I know -, we don't know yet. It is hoped for, but RSL are still in discussions with the ACO about it. That's the last I heard. If not, you're going to have to use data on your mobile.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 08:32 (Ref:4067344)   #17
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:

thank you for the video, nice to be so near the cars!
Old 18 Aug 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4067349)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, lucky for some, eh?
Old 18 Aug 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4067361)   #19
Mike E
Veteran

Goodyear reckon LMP2 could stretch stint lengths from 10 laps to 12 laps because of the power cut this year.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ts-at-le-mans/
Old 18 Aug 2021, 10:11 (Ref:4067363)   #20
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meat

Quote:
Goodyear reckon LMP2 could stretch stint lengths from 10 laps to 12 laps because of the power cut this year.

Really? Surely they're fuel limited and isn't there a mandated stint length or some nonsense or did I dream that up for P2s?
Old 18 Aug 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4067364)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
Really? Surely they're fuel limited and isn't there a mandated stint length or some nonsense or did I dream that up for P2s?
Presumably they've taken the extra weight into consideration too....?
Old 18 Aug 2021, 10:24 (Ref:4067365)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Now that could spice things up a bit more!
Old 18 Aug 2021, 10:26 (Ref:4067366)   #23
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:

Goodyear can say what they want. Stint length is defined By Tanksize/Power regulations.

It is not tyre dependent.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 10:27 (Ref:4067367)   #24
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post

provided lmp2 are still using a 75L fuel tank, for sure they will consume less because gibson engine is revving lower than usual (from >9000 to <8500rpm) and all lmp2 are using really long ratios like alpine, but I honestly don't think they would be able to do 2 extra laps
Old 18 Aug 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4067368)   #25
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Goodyear can say what they want. Stint length is defined By Tanksize/Power regulations.

It is not tyre dependent.

kind of, even tires can influence fuel consumes somehow, but don't think is the case of lmp2.