Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 29 Jun 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1343356)   #1
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotoGP & Donington

Hi all. I'm really keen to see MotoGP for the first time this year at Donington but it would also be my first time at Donington.

Has anyone been to the MotoGP before? How was it?

Is viewing good at Donington with just an admission ticket or would you recommend grandstand? I would of course like to take a few photo's and just wondered what kind of views I can get...

Many thanks
Az
Old 30 Jun 2005, 05:57 (Ref:1343498)   #2
David L
Racer

United Kingdom
Lancashire, UK
David L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've only been the once to the Moto GP at Donington, but I think I'm correct in saying that they erect heras fencing around the whole circuit between the speccy areas and the track for the event, so not much cop for photos low down...

Others on here will let you know good places to shoot from in the speccy areas that may get you above the fences.. But remember, you're really far from the action photo wise and bikes are small..

tip: faced with this, go for "event ambiance" to tell your story rather than single bike stuff..

I don't think there is much in the way of grandstands but, again, others may be better placed to advise....
Old 30 Jun 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1343531)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Goddards has to be the best bet. I was lucky enough to blag a ticket into one of the Redgate boxes last year but even they were jam packed and I couldnt get a decent panning shot to save my life...well I could've had I decapitated a few people but that might've damaged my lens

I would recommend you get there very very VERY early as last year people trying to get to the airport were abandoning taxis etc. on the M1 slip road to walk the rest of the way as the traffic was gridlocked

http://paulsands.org/motogp/motogp.html
Old 30 Jun 2005, 08:22 (Ref:1343576)   #4
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently there's a new traffic plan for this year, but it looks pretty similar to the usual arrangements to me. The fencing will be up nearly everywhere, the Esses were especially bad iirc.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1343580)   #5
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I seem to recall last year the track was still flooded by fans after the race so it all seems a little pointless...I think some of the fencing is just left following the Download Festival (what used to be Monster of Rock)
Old 30 Jun 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1344040)   #6
Alan
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, UK
Alan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David L

tip: faced with this, go for "event ambiance" to tell your story rather than single bike stuff..
Dead right - I go every year, its a great day but very difficult to get any track photos. The best option is to go to The Day of Champions on the Thursday 21st July as well if you can make it.
http://www.riders.org/en/html/day_of...ns_details.php