Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 May 2003, 01:44 (Ref:600449)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rallycross in the UK

Can someone tell me the best venuse to watch rallycross in the UK.

When are the events taking place?

I've always watched rallycross on the TV but never been to an event. When I initially was going to watch rallycross the Group B cars were banned and rallycross, in the UK, went into a big downturn.

Its only the this year I belive UK rallycross has reached a level were its worth watching again.

Last edited by JAG; 16 May 2003 at 01:45.
Old 16 May 2003, 04:15 (Ref:600523)   #2
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden, August bank holiday.
Old 16 May 2003, 12:49 (Ref:600899)   #3
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Peter S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or british Rallycross Grand Prix at Croft in October and you will get all the European superstars and the internations cup thrown in!

And a classic rallycross support race, as well as a possible Group B support event.
Old 16 May 2003, 13:25 (Ref:600953)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Classic and Group B support races? Tell me more!!!!
Old 16 May 2003, 14:01 (Ref:600996)   #5
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
There will deffinatly be a Classic Rallycross support race on the Saturday of the British grand prix which is open to pre 1976 rallycross machinery.

It is also rumoured that there will be a Group B support race, but this depends on weather or not the Group B cars will be allowed into the Grand Prix itself. It all comes down to how they will level the playing field compared to the Europeans. as restrictors are being introduced into GB next year, then next years weight regs/restrictor could apply which would more than make sense. Alternatively European Regs whole sale could be adopted which may be a good move to bring European rallycross very close to a return.

After all we have Gollop, carnegie, Mundy, cross, Bell, Mccann and Grant who would be eligible with restrictor.

They may just let all GB competitiors enter and apply the weight penalty to the British drivers who dont use the restrictor.

I will try and find out for sure, but the outcome will decide if there will be a Group B support or not
Old 16 May 2003, 14:02 (Ref:601000)   #6
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Oh the European entry will be a top notch as well!! A lot of drivers have declared there intention to race.