Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Aug 2002, 12:32 (Ref:348629)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honda - Grand Prix 1960s painting.

I notice from the 'On this day in History' file that today is the 38th anniversary of Honda's first F1 start with Ronnie Bucknum in the German GP.
I was commissioned to paint this montage of some memories of their 1960s F1 involvement by The Honda Motor Co. The first F1 car can be seen in the centre in a gold paint job with Honda San at the wheel at the official launch. When it raced it was painted in traditional white and can be seen at top left with a portrait of Ronnie. Their first victory with Richie Ginther can also be seen along with some of the cars driven by John Surtees. John signed a number of these sold out Limited Editions.
It is one of a series of 6 originals I did for them and they are all displayed in the entrance to the European HQ at Offenbach in Germany. All were printed as Limited Editions for Honda VIPs
or for sale to the Japanese public. The other paintings were
of Senna with his Honda powered cars, Satoru Nakajima, The 1984-92 Honda powered F1 cars, F2 Honda powered cars and Honda in CART 94-98. Some of these are on my website.
All of these works were 30 x 20ins.
I also received a further commission from them to paint a portrait of the retiring Honda President, Nubohiko Kawamoto.
It was presented to him as a gift from Honda Europe.( Also on my site).
I hope you like it and those on my website.
Attached Thumbnails
hon6468.jpg  
Old 2 Aug 2002, 15:51 (Ref:348785)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superb ! ,

how long would that have taken you to paint Andrew ? , as it is so many sections all rolled into one . I cant even imagine at what part of the painting you started first . It must be like doing 9 different paintings without spoiling the other ones on the canvas as well.
Old 3 Aug 2002, 19:01 (Ref:349460)   #3
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it'd have to be a lot of planning and a lot of hair loss

superb kittie, superb.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 4 Aug 2002, 08:16 (Ref:349663)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The planning takes time as you have to organise the composition on the reference you have. I generally paint the backgrounds first and blend them together then add the cars and other small details. They take 2-3 times longer than conventional scenes.