Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Jul 2015, 06:21 (Ref:3558111)   #301
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the money invested SCA haven't had much return lately, surely linking up with a team like Bjr, PRA, DjrTP or Tekno would be more appealing than the WP B-Team.
Old 13 Jul 2015, 06:44 (Ref:3558115)   #302
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
For the money invested SCA haven't had much return lately, surely linking up with a team like Bjr, PRA, DjrTP or Tekno would be more appealing than the WP B-Team.
Or on the 888 car in the brave new world...

We dont seem to get to see Mr Slade in the teev ads either..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Jul 2015, 13:06 (Ref:3558187)   #303
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Rusty saying that he's hearing rumors of someone new in the 2nd Volvo, even though Wall's got a year to go.
Mr Davison?
Old 14 Jul 2015, 00:29 (Ref:3558352)   #304
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Mr Davison?
GRM traditionally doesnt spend much of its budget on driver salaries, so that's not likely

GRM could likely run a 3rd Volvo on the cost of Mr Davison's rumoured compensation package
Old 14 Jul 2015, 03:14 (Ref:3558378)   #305
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Coulthard & DJRTP Key To Silly Season

Except...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
Coulthard, who has driven Holdens for his entire V8 Supercars career and enjoys strong links to HSV, says he’s in no hurry to lock down a new deal.
Except for his couple of year stint at PCR
Old 14 Jul 2015, 03:46 (Ref:3558385)   #306
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Coulthard & DJRTP Key To Silly Season

Except...

Except for his couple of year stint at PCR
Was thinking the same GTRMagic
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 14 Jul 2015, 03:50 (Ref:3558387)   #307
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Other than the fact that Fabian used to be in the PCR Falcon, I think DJRTP would be making a mistake bringing in Fabian over Pye. What about Percat, Reynolds or Waters? These 3 must be a better option longterm.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 05:07 (Ref:3558394)   #308
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Did you notice Speedcafe changed the paragraph..
Old 14 Jul 2015, 05:39 (Ref:3558401)   #309
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Did you notice Speedcafe changed the paragraph..
and as a result edited the comments
Old 14 Jul 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3558433)   #310
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Freakin' Ambrose, get in the car full-time!
Old 14 Jul 2015, 11:31 (Ref:3558440)   #311
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is James Phelps a complete ****** or what!
Old 14 Jul 2015, 11:41 (Ref:3558443)   #312
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Did he announce the imminent extension of the Kelly Racing/NisMo Australia contract to the end of 2019?
Old 14 Jul 2015, 11:44 (Ref:3558445)   #313
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
GRM traditionally doesnt spend much of its budget on driver salaries, so that's not likely

GRM could likely run a 3rd Volvo on the cost of Mr Davison's rumoured compensation package
Is this about the dubious back injury?
Old 14 Jul 2015, 12:29 (Ref:3558466)   #314
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Rusty saying that he's hearing rumors of someone new in the 2nd Volvo, even though Wall's got a year to go.
You have to wonder... if the current reliability challenges at VPR and the accompanying reduction in teev airtime for the lead car, and similar performance to last year of the second car, could in fact trigger a performance clause on the Wilson Security / Payce deal...

Maybe they just arent coming back next season?
Old 14 Jul 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3558469)   #315
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm hearing rumblings of a Tekno/Triple Eight merger, equipment, staff, sponsorships, the lot.

Allegedly hinged upon whether Tekno can source sufficient backing to cover their desired SvG replacement next season or not.

REC is said to be leased out, should the merger take place.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 12:45 (Ref:3558473)   #316
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
You have to wonder... if the current reliability challenges at VPR and the accompanying reduction in teev airtime for the lead car, and similar performance to last year of the second car, could in fact trigger a performance clause on the Wilson Security / Payce deal...

Maybe they just arent coming back next season?
Makes you wonder what's changed in the off season. Has GRM brought the engine servicing in-house?

Has the development curve been hindered by the seemingly needless construction of new chassis? Volvo #4 is very close to being complete, from what I've seen.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 13:06 (Ref:3558481)   #317
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Makes you wonder what's changed in the off season. Has GRM brought the engine servicing in-house?

Has the development curve been hindered by the seemingly needless construction of new chassis? Volvo #4 is very close to being complete, from what I've seen.
Well Mr Wall stepped into Volvo #2 when Mr McLaughlin got into Volvo #3 and was great for one session... Then...

There is a lot of chat around that GRM misses Mr Dahlgren's engineering inputs into the chassis.. its a difficult one when the team is dependent on the pilot to introduce a budget
Old 14 Jul 2015, 13:08 (Ref:3558482)   #318
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I'm hearing rumblings of a Tekno/Triple Eight merger, equipment, staff, sponsorships, the lot.

Allegedly hinged upon whether Tekno can source sufficient backing to cover their desired SvG replacement next season or not.

REC is said to be leased out, should the merger take place.
Two two car teams make sense. Much more than a 3rd car from the same place.

Wonder if they would all be prepared in-house at 888, or if the 888 b-team might stay at Tekno's shed?
Old 14 Jul 2015, 13:22 (Ref:3558488)   #319
Umai Naa
Veteran

I'm of the impression the remaining Tekno REC will find a temporary home elsewhere, with the likes of Dr Slater, and Mr Hallam coming on board with Triple Eight in line with their 3-car expansion. I suspect that the Tekno facility will continue to facilitate the aftermarket performance parts industry.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3558491)   #320
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Well Mr Wall stepped into Volvo #2 when Mr McLaughlin got into Volvo #3 and was great for one session... Then...

There is a lot of chat around that GRM misses Mr Dahlgren's engineering inputs into the chassis.. its a difficult one when the team is dependent on the pilot to introduce a budget
Easy to think that Mr Dahlgren's role in the team was full-time test driver, who also got to bang mirrors with other cars on occasion.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3558512)   #321
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I'm of the impression the remaining Tekno REC will find a temporary home elsewhere, with the likes of Dr Slater, and Mr Hallam coming on board with Triple Eight in line with their 3-car expansion. I suspect that the Tekno facility will continue to facilitate the aftermarket performance parts industry.
So... Mr van Gisbergen retains his 2015 team, and just gets a new paymaster?
Old 14 Jul 2015, 14:40 (Ref:3558514)   #322
Umai Naa
Veteran

Seems that way.

Or does it? I suppose we won't know the full details for a while yet.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 22:34 (Ref:3558632)   #323
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ambrose decision after endurance races
Old 14 Jul 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3558637)   #324
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
With Mr Ambrose not announcing his future plans til after Gold Coast, and Mr Coulthard reportedly contractually unable to sign a new deal until October, do the planets intersect magically here?
Old 15 Jul 2015, 01:07 (Ref:3558656)   #325
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Was in stitches last night when he rolls out all the options for where drivers may land if Coulthard gets the DJRTP drive, and Reynolds finishes up with if Coulthard stays put that makes your whole segment useless

You get the impression the panel puts up with his presence but only just.