Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:15 (Ref:2078756)   #1
craig j
Rookie

craig j should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TTRS

I guess it is likely that this thread will get deleted but as discussed on the PBMW thread it seems a good idea to split the PBMW and TTRS discussions into two.

I for one am going to race in both TTRS and Pre-93 CTCRC. I am looking forward to having the opportunity to pick the best value racing at the circuits I enjoy from 2 calendars. Anybody else going to do the same?

My car is only really competitive for these two series, in the fact that it is based on production saloon regs and DMN, LMA etc is just not an option if I want to be competitive.

I have friends in both clubs and I have no axe to grind. I understand the discussions about too many series, but based on my personal situation this is not really true unless you want to watch some monster Group A Cossy romp off into the distance.

I want to know if others are like minded and I'm not interested in political bull or the recent past. The situation is as it is and I am looking forward to seeing the Pre-93 calendar to sort my season out.

Am I the only one who sees the TTRS as a good thing and an additional opportunity? I'd appreciate it if the replies would remain sensible and from other like minded individuals. There is another thread for moaning about there being too many series, etc, which I think deals with this discussion.

See you all next season!
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:27 (Ref:2078770)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
What car do you have Craig? I can't see anything that would go into the TTRS or CTCRC being very competetive in the DMN series especiallyas there seems to be a few ex touring cars coming onto the scene, I don't know what LMA is so can't comment on that.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:34 (Ref:2078774)   #3
hometune
Rookie

United Kingdom
essex
hometune should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i'm feeling optimistic I'll be thinking "great, another place to play" but then if I look at how much I can afford to spend I'll be pessamistic and wonder "which races shall I drop elsewhere".

Just wonder what will happen when someone from LMA or DMN moves over with a well sorted car? (cupra onto list 1B tyres, maybe)
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:45 (Ref:2078783)   #4
craig j
Rookie

It's a Sierra Cosworth restricted to around 300hp (I wouldn't want any more) without all the trick Group A suspension. You may know it as Ed Bourne's old car that ran in the pre-90 class of Classic Thunder (White and Blue). Great fun to drive and a good step up last year from PBMW where I started my racing back in 2004 (sorry if my racing roots offend anyone in the current climate, but lets not go there!).

LMA Eurosaloons is similar to DMN and runs with some ex touring cars. Was on the box recently with Nick Williamson (nice bloke in a Esco Cossie) running at the front with a Noble and some Accord and Mondeo ex touring cars.

Other championships like Castle Combe, Mod Prods and Peformance Ford are just too extreme now for cars like mine. You need Esco Cossies and Mitsu Evo thingies to be competitive.

No offence meant to the other championships/series. There should be a place for both modded and production type cars. I personally have no interest in racing towards the back of a grid so hence why I like the choice that TTRS will give me.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:50 (Ref:2078787)   #5
craig j
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometune
Just wonder what will happen when someone from LMA or DMN moves over with a well sorted car? (cupra onto list 1B tyres, maybe)
Isn't a Cupra far too new?

The regs for both series are sensible and I can't see too much scope for one type of car to run away with it. An E36 M3 looks the best bet for a car to dominate but there are quite a few other factors which need to be right to make it dominate. Of course someone may come along with a serious car and win every weekend, but that's life. Will just have to try harder to catch them!
Old 30 Nov 2007, 15:54 (Ref:2078793)   #6
hometune
Rookie

United Kingdom
essex
hometune should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haven't got round to getting the regs yet so wasn't aware there was an age restriction. What is the cut off date?
Old 30 Nov 2007, 17:28 (Ref:2078869)   #7
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometune
Haven't got round to getting the regs yet so wasn't aware there was an age restriction. What is the cut off date?
Toyo Tires Racing Saloons is for Pre 1994 cars.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 17:42 (Ref:2079443)   #8
nyssa7
Racer

nyssa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
What car do you have Craig? I can't see anything that would go into the TTRS or CTCRC being very competetive in the DMN series especiallyas there seems to be a few ex touring cars coming onto the scene, I don't know what LMA is so can't comment on that.
To be honest, LMA is much like DMN, there are the Supertourers, Cossies and Nobles up front and there are production class cars running elsewhere along the grid running list 1a/1b tyres and doing perfectly OK within the class structure

The comment amount being competitive was telling - not all cars will be competitive in all series they are eligible for. Maybe I'm alone in that I'm happy to be at the blunt end of the class I run in (I'll rephrase that, I'm OK with accepting being there until me or the car figures out how to get quicker!) so long as there is someone on the track to race with - regardless of whether they are in the same class or not. Its not like any of us are going to move over in the heat of battle because the guy you're banging door handles with isn't directly competing for POINTS with you

In some ways I envy the production drivers because there is more choice of series where there cars are eligible. My Lancia can run in Class B of LMA and DMN, the Calibra seemingly B in LMA and A in DMN and so far nowhere else because its a 4x4 turbo. Not a complaint, just c'est la vie
Old 3 Dec 2007, 11:39 (Ref:2080544)   #9
Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Highside should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig j
I for one am going to race in both TTRS and Pre-93 CTCRC. I am looking forward to having the opportunity to pick the best value racing at the circuits I enjoy from 2 calendars. Anybody else going to do the same?
Hi Craig,

Yes, I'm planning to do the same, at least for Combe, but only if CTCRC let me race without joining the BARC (£100 for joining them = a race with someone else!).

Quote:
Am I the only one who sees the TTRS as a good thing and an additional opportunity?
No, your not alone - I'm right with you on that one, and I'm pretty sure you will see a good deal of cross over between the two, as long as the regs remain compatable.

Can't wait for next year.

Rob

Last edited by Highside; 3 Dec 2007 at 11:44.
Old 3 Dec 2007, 17:18 (Ref:2080805)   #10
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highside
Yes, I'm planning to do the same, at least for Combe, but only if CTCRC let me race without joining the BARC (£100 for joining them = a race with someone else!).
As Castle Combe is a non-BARC CTCRC round then you don't need to be a BARC member.

The CTCRC looks forward to welcoming any TTRS competitors who fancy 'doubling up' with us subject to them meeting our regulations (they are pretty close to TTRS, so most should be OK).
Old 4 Dec 2007, 12:50 (Ref:2081362)   #11
craig j
Rookie

Good point Rob. I have asked Tim to look into this. Paying to be a member of the CTCRC and BARC (£180?) for a couple of races does not make sense.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 13:11 (Ref:2082091)   #12
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom
As Castle Combe is a non-BARC CTCRC round then you don't need to be a BARC member.
Denis,

Presumably you still need to have registered for the championship though, which means registering with the BARC prior to entering Combe. They do I believe require a membership number, so have you agreed that with them for non-BARC meetings?

Craig, it always used to be that CTCRC assoc membership (£25) allowed you a race entry as a one-off. Presumably that's still rolling on for 2008.

Cheers

S.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 13:43 (Ref:2082119)   #13
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
Denis,

Presumably you still need to have registered for the championship though, which means registering with the BARC prior to entering Combe. They do I believe require a membership number, so have you agreed that with them for non-BARC meetings?

Craig, it always used to be that CTCRC assoc membership (£25) allowed you a race entry as a one-off. Presumably that's still rolling on for 2008.

Cheers

S.
No you don't have to be registered for the championship, or BARC, for the Castle Combe round as it is totally outside the BARC. However if you aren't registered then you won't score championship points (I thought I would state the obvious, just in case it isn't).

I believe you would have to be a member of a club somewhere for the MSA insurance to be valid. Not to clear on the details of this as it is an MSA thing, not a CTCRC thing.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 13:52 (Ref:2082125)   #14
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't believe it's possible to race "not for points". Certainly that was clearly the BARC line in years gone by. I think it's part of being "a championship".. Or will Combe be a non-championship event?

S.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 11:58 (Ref:2082754)   #15
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
I don't believe it's possible to race "not for points". Certainly that was clearly the BARC line in years gone by. I think it's part of being "a championship".. Or will Combe be a non-championship event?

S.
Thanks for pointing that out Stacy.

We have discussed it with the BARC and they are quite happy for anybody running at Castle Combe ONLY to score championship points without being a BARC member.

Obviously if the people went on to do the later rounds then they would need to be a member.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2082901)   #16
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Always happy to bring some reality to the table. Good news long term for all that BARC are responding to the new series with some flexibility. I take it they'll need to be CTCRC members too though, or will that be waived as well?

I'm sure some TTRS cars will want to enter the Pre-93 race, depending on what the regs look like when they emerge of course, so it would be good to bottom it out.

Will there be any reduction in the £195 entry fee for those TTRS cars second entering?

S.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2110715)   #17
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We’ve tried to get as much racing track time as possible, with some 25 minute and 30 minute races in our calendar along with single qualifying, as that’s what people were asking for.

We have always felt that that a class win is a race win, so will be making sure that’s reflected in garlands and silverware. Competitors in last year's Cadwell and Victor Meldrew races will know our trophies are a bit above the usual too!

Having served its purpose to secure marketing information, the password on the regulations has now been removed and can be found here
www.pbmwc.co.uk/downloads/2008TTRSRegsV3.pdf

The calendar, fees and race formats are here
http://www.pbmwc.co.uk/downloads/200...ntryFormv1.pdf

We have worked hard at the numbers, and hope you find them as agreeable as we do. If so and you would like to register, the form can be found on
http://www.e30motorsport.co.uk/PBMW/...rationform.pdf

If you would like to just join us for an occasional round, you can do so by paying a £20 premium on the race entry fee and run to your own Toyo series regulations.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 19:17 (Ref:2110728)   #18
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Thanks John. Makes for good reading, and it's certainly delivered everything intended.

Stacy.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2110817)   #19
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very nice mixture of circuits.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 22:20 (Ref:2110855)   #20
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks mig
Old 22 Jan 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2111071)   #21
Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig
A very nice mixture of circuits.
Not only good circuits, but excellent value too.

As an example, I think that the round at Silverstone Grand Prix meeting must be the best value event in Britain this year.

Think about it - two races and 75 mins track time on what to many is the premier track in the UK, all for £280.

When you think that even the most cost concious of clubs was offering a single race at Silverstone National for £210 (well, that's what I think I paid last year), for approximatly 30 mins track time, (and getting good grids I might add), things are looking very good for this year indeed...
Old 22 Jan 2008, 08:57 (Ref:2111073)   #22
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a look with interest, thinking that it might be a home for my dissolving Nova GSi.

Sadly, no. The fuel injection rules stop it dead in it's tracks.

I could put a pair of 48's on it, but I don't want to spend upwards of £500 on it (again) to go backwards in time.

A big round of applause for the entry fees. Like a breath of fresh air!

I couldn't believe it when I read the dates/entry fees. I thought I'd been kidnapped by the Doctor, and have been thrown back to 1992!

Rob.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 09:31 (Ref:2111100)   #23
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Austinspace75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unbelievably good isn't it?

Just shows what's possible when a few like minded chaps get together and take a straight forward and intelligent approach. Well done.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2111141)   #24
Victor Meldrew
Rookie

United Kingdom
Somewhere bleak.....
Victor Meldrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Cracking calendar and cracking entry fees. Seems to be just what has been needed for some time but took a bit of vision and foresight (which others seem to lack) to put it together.

Nice one
Old 22 Jan 2008, 11:16 (Ref:2111166)   #25
Highside
Rookie

England
Woburn Sands
Quote:
Originally Posted by R59
I could put a pair of 48's on it, but I don't want to spend upwards of £500 on it (again) to go backwards in time.
You could make that money back in entry fees alone. If not, Ebay your Thottle Bodies and you could pay for your whole season!

Plus I think the GSi could be a bit of a dark horse...

Go-on, you know you want to.