Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 May 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3538507)   #526
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bit of a mess in terms of the years on the grid - a hell of a lot happened between 1949 and 1968. Probably more than in any other twenty year period, but at least we get variety.

There's an Alfa Romeo entered under "Ten Tenths". I know the Saturday morning meet-up gets more elaborate each year, but surely entering a car in the support race is a sign that we're getting a tad carried away?
Old 17 May 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3538629)   #527
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree it's certainly a broad time period. But if the ACO aren't going to allow a 70's historic race then the GT40s and those slightly later cars are a welcome addition for me.
Old 17 May 2015, 18:22 (Ref:3538636)   #528
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I watched the 2013 version of this race yesterday on Youtube. No GT40s, so having 7 or 8 of them thundering around will keep the older cars on their toes.
Old 17 May 2015, 21:17 (Ref:3538714)   #529
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got $95,000 spare? You could drive a GT4 in the Aston race.

http://trg-astonmartinracing.com/pdf...R_24lemans.pdf
Old 17 May 2015, 23:53 (Ref:3538759)   #530
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
" THE CHECK" is in the mail
Old 18 May 2015, 06:55 (Ref:3538829)   #531
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
...There's an Alfa Romeo entered under "Ten Tenths"...
Ten Tenths is, of course, the holding company for Nick Mason's (from popular beat combo The Pink Floyd) collection.

http://www.tentenths.co.uk/
Old 18 May 2015, 07:01 (Ref:3538832)   #532
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We should do some sort of tie up with him then!
Old 18 May 2015, 09:42 (Ref:3538868)   #533
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Ten Tenths is, of course, the holding company for Nick Mason's (from popular beat combo The Pink Floyd) collection.

http://www.tentenths.co.uk/

And the car is being driven by Holly Mason-Franchitti, daughter of Nick and wife of Marino. Glamour overload!
Old 19 May 2015, 01:47 (Ref:3539162)   #534
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
John Dagys tweets:

Quote:
Quite interesting. KCMG seems really bullish on getting its reserve car into Le Mans. But at which car's expense?
He also has a short article on the subject here.
Old 19 May 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3539213)   #535
Mike E
Veteran

The build up continues.

Laurens Vanthoor: In Spa today. First test with @OAKRacingLive and first experience in the Ligier/Honda LMP2.

I think G-Drive are there too. Don't know who else.
Old 19 May 2015, 07:14 (Ref:3539215)   #536
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
John Dagys tweets:

He also has a short article on the subject here.
Will it be Rebellion that is in problems?
Old 19 May 2015, 09:10 (Ref:3539239)   #537
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i hope not, but i can't see any obvious drop outs at the present time
Old 19 May 2015, 10:17 (Ref:3539248)   #538
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I totally missed this but I think this seems to be the SARD-Morand livery for LM:

They were quite high on my list still for withdrawals as it's been reported by DSC that Sard appear to have left this programme now. But it looks like they've secured some funding.

Rebellion are testing at Ricard, possibly today or tomorrow. They've had Daniel Abt doing his Le Mans simulator test. So they are pushing to be there. I'm assuming they'll get the second car built up in time. It might already be.

So I genuinely have no idea who could withdraw, if anyone. If you're still on the list at this point then it means you're fully intending to race. The more speculative ones are gone by now. All entries have three drivers next to them. It looks pretty set barring a big shunt for someone.
Old 19 May 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3539271)   #539
Mike E
Veteran

Slightly off piste, but Henry Hope-Frost has tweeted to say that the 5 McLaren F1 GTRs that finished Le Mans in 1995 will do a demonstration run this year. A nice little treat.

Apparently this will be on race day morning.

Last edited by Mike E; 19 May 2015 at 11:43.
Old 19 May 2015, 11:44 (Ref:3539282)   #540
Mike E
Veteran

Kamui Kobayashi is testing with Toyota at Spa. Sensible move in case Nakajima hasn't recovered from his injuries.

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/k...-toyota-at-spa
Old 19 May 2015, 12:00 (Ref:3539290)   #541
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Kamui Kobayashi is testing with Toyota at Spa. Sensible move in case Nakajima hasn't recovered from his injuries.

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/k...-toyota-at-spa
I hope they have a spare car or two on hand....
Old 19 May 2015, 17:00 (Ref:3539379)   #542
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
OK, this should probably be in the Historic Racing Today forum, but here is the Le Mans Legends entry list.

http://motorracinglegends.com/images...0PUBLISHED.pdf
As you may have heard me say before, unfortunately I was only introduced to sports car racing in 2008 (if only I had known earlier!). So my knowledge of the history and the associated cars is very limited. So I just went through the entry list of the legends race and looked up each and every one of those cars in google images. WOW! I am super excited to see these cars! My camera is going to be quite busy while these beauties are driving around! Some of those Jaguars are just insanely beautiful, the Ferrari 275, the Mercedes Gullwing (yes, I knew what that would look like already), the Ford GT40s (those too), wow.

On the other hand, some of those Lotus (what's plural for a Lotus, Loti?) really made my eye balls hurt!
Old 19 May 2015, 22:33 (Ref:3539475)   #543
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I hope they have a spare car or two on hand....
Unoriginal, unfunny and tired.
Old 20 May 2015, 07:18 (Ref:3539556)   #544
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Unoriginal, unfunny and tired.

Awww bless, you should get to bed earlier then, oh sorry I guess you meant my comment!
Old 20 May 2015, 13:12 (Ref:3539645)   #545
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
...Lotus (what's plural for a Lotus, Loti?) ...
Having wondered this myself I found out this week by coincidence.
A chap from the original F1 Lotus days was interviewed on the Chris Evans Radio 2 show in the UK and was in the meeting after a 1,2 result when Lotus made an executive decision having been asked by journalists...
The plural of Lotus is.... Lotus.
Old 23 May 2015, 23:11 (Ref:3540515)   #546
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livery for the AAI #67

I think all those logos down the middle are part of Maassen's crowd-funding. Looks decent enough though. Got a soft spot for that shape of Porsche.
Old 25 May 2015, 16:27 (Ref:3541092)   #547
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
My Le Mans Spotter Guide will be out by 5th June, updated again after Scruitneering
Old 25 May 2015, 16:39 (Ref:3541096)   #548
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Livery for the AAI #67

Got a soft spot for that shape of Porsche.
The 997 GT2/ GTE is a gorgeous car, particularly in ALMS Falken livery (or classic Lizard livery). The 991 is alright, but not as pretty as the old girl, IMO.

This livery's okay, though I'm not a fan of the sponsor jumble on the hood (or bonnet) and roof
Old 26 May 2015, 06:10 (Ref:3541284)   #549
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
My Le Mans Spotter Guide will be out by 5th June, updated again after Scruitneering
Old 26 May 2015, 07:01 (Ref:3541291)   #550
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Cheers Andy, will just have time to have a good look before i leave, your efforts are very much appreciated