Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 26 Feb 2007, 07:05 (Ref:1851745)   #1
stevie m
Rookie

Scotland
Lanark
stevie m should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Gould?

Read somewhere that Gould were constructing a new lightweight bike engined car,about a year and a half ago?.Possibly for Tim Mason?,was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this,have checked their web site but it has'nt been updated for ages
Old 26 Feb 2007, 08:22 (Ref:1851787)   #2
lifeof
Rookie

lifeof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was that 'rumour' that a single car was being built but it may have turned out to to be the car that went to Australia. Only 3 or 4 weeks to go and almost all will be revealed as testing starts.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 09:33 (Ref:1851838)   #3
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeof
There was that 'rumour' that a single car was being built but it may have turned out to to be the car that went to Australia.
Is that car that went to Australia the Andrew Howell car?
Old 26 Feb 2007, 10:08 (Ref:1851864)   #4
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
I thought the bike engined car was a design exercise and that it was never commissioned.

As for "almost all" being revealed - fingers crossed that ALL is not revealed as that might be a frightening sight!

It is going to be a busy week-end in March - on the Friday (23rd) I'm at Stoneleigh, on the Saturday it's Loton and then on Sunday a trip over the Pennines to Harewood!

Should keep me out of mischief!

Old 26 Feb 2007, 13:57 (Ref:1851995)   #5
lifeof
Rookie

lifeof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that one.
Old 26 Feb 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1852274)   #6
wight jr
Rookie

Scotland
up north
wight jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard that there is a new bike Engined Gould coming out for this year, but who is it for? There are a few drivers that spring to mind though.
Gould have been at this car for a few years now and i bet they are very pleased to be getting it out now. I have to admit that i`m looking forward to seeing it.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 22:44 (Ref:2126073)   #7
ranoff
Racer

ranoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wight jr
I have heard that there is a new bike Engined Gould coming out for this year, but who is it for? There are a few drivers that spring to mind though.
Gould have been at this car for a few years now and i bet they are very pleased to be getting it out now. I have to admit that i`m looking forward to seeing it.
Try the Moyses
Old 13 Feb 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2128002)   #8
bentimingstrut
Rookie

Slovakia
bentimingstrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Gould

If it were to be built for the Moyse,s Gould sure would have there work cut out for themselves to make it quicker than the Mallock
Old 14 Feb 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2128755)   #9
ranoff
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentimingstrut
If it were to be built for the Moyse,s Gould sure would have there work cut out for themselves to make it quicker than the Mallock
Eh?

So Gould with ten consecutive British Championships will have their work cut out? Come on, you don't think with their experience that Gould cannot make a car that is quicker than a Mallock? Force & OMS can so why not Gould. Brodie and Darrens 1000cc Force has outperformed all the Clubmans cars in 2007.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 16:40 (Ref:2128841)   #10
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentimingstrut
I used to go faster than most of the clubmans cars in the Caterham

The new gould should be pretty well sorted when it comes out, as you would expect.

Dave
Old 14 Feb 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2129142)   #11
Moose Baiter
Rookie

United Kingdom
Moose Baiter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember the caterham did`nt beat many of the clubmans records, if any?

moose baiter.
Old 27 Feb 2007, 01:11 (Ref:1852455)   #12
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
It's a tough market, Force, OMS, GWR, now Gould. Those lower capacity Racing Car Classes should be pretty lively

Does anybody know who's driving these interesting new beasts?
Old 10 Feb 2008, 07:14 (Ref:2125473)   #13
stevie m
Rookie

Scotland
Lanark
stevie m should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Started this post nearly a year ago and I see from this weeks autosport that the bike engined Gould GR 59 that I was on about is to appear sometime soon.Any pictures of the new car yet?,hopefully now Gould will update their web site??
Old 15 Feb 2008, 18:36 (Ref:2129751)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From past history, I suspect the time it will take them to get into the swing of things will be measured in most of a practice day. These are seriously quick and competitive and I don't expect the car will be much less so. Goulds have enough experience to get baseline settings on it from the off, so unless there's something surprising in the build it could be within tenths of it's pace within a few week-ends. Given development time there's no reason why it shouldn't do in the classes exactly what it's bigger brother has done in the seniors.

What would surprise me more is if no-one decided to rise to the challenge as there's some very talented builders as mentioned above. This has the potential to be the most keenly contested and exciting class on the hills.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2130986)   #15
ranoff
Racer

Lets not forget that there is also the planned GWR Raptor.
Old 23 Feb 2008, 12:48 (Ref:2135791)   #16
Nero
Racer

Nero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I interviewed Ron Tauranac last year he mentioned that he was designing a bike engined HC car. Will be interesting to see what happens, but even though Ron has an association with Gould I am not suggesting a link.
Old 25 Apr 2009, 09:13 (Ref:2449085)   #17
twisted
Rookie

Australia
South Australia
twisted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
When I interviewed Ron Tauranac last year he mentioned that he was designing a bike engined HC car. Will be interesting to see what happens, but even though Ron has an association with Gould I am not suggesting a link.
Did Ron progress on this design ??
Old 27 Apr 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2450598)   #18
Hitech
Rookie

England
UK, South Staffordshire
Hitech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Way off topic, but Ron Tauranac drove my Yamaha engined 'Hitech' at Curborough a few years ago at his request to see what a bike engined single seater felt like. Gave me a Ralt carbon rear wing and £50 for my trouble!