Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 5 Mar 2019, 02:56 (Ref:3888316)   #1
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Endurance karting

Just out of interest any forum members currently looking for a new team member for endurance racing feel like it’s time to get back in and have ago again based in Kent. 😀
Old 22 Mar 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3892732)   #2
ribbo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Southampton
ribbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
get on the rhpk facebook group and ask, they're localish to you, OEKC might visit kent too this year, look them up, loads of seats to rent there if you talk to the organisers.

No real endurance karting your way apart from the 3+6hr sodi kart races they have at Buckmore. Theres a buckmore drivers facebook group were i'm sure you can find people to race with, or just goto bp-pro and talk to fellow racers. Clinton Bell is the race director at buckmore, he can help you get into this kind of karting too.

(apologies if you already know this)
Old 22 Mar 2019, 15:01 (Ref:3892746)   #3
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbo View Post
get on the rhpk facebook group and ask, they're localish to you, OEKC might visit kent too this year, look them up, loads of seats to rent there if you talk to the organisers.

No real endurance karting your way apart from the 3+6hr sodi kart races they have at Buckmore. Theres a buckmore drivers facebook group were i'm sure you can find people to race with, or just goto bp-pro and talk to fellow racers. Clinton Bell is the race director at buckmore, he can help you get into this kind of karting too.

Not on FB no intentions too but have visited the sodi site, decided to do a one off event at sittingbourne to see if one still has the speed and don’t ache 20 yrs since last did events thanks oh rhpk? What is it

Last edited by schanche; 22 Mar 2019 at 15:27.
Old 8 Mar 2022, 21:48 (Ref:4101685)   #4
Racinrhonda
Rookie

Racinrhonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbo View Post

Sorry, a little off topic but curious. Being from the USA and one who raced what we refer as Endurance racing, I'm curious about the differences. 1. When you refer to Endurance, are you talking about many laps/hours on a short under .5 to .7 tenths mile course, or on a 2.5-3 mile circuit like Snetterton or BHR for example? 2. Are you contesting in a sprint style chassis.
Old 27 Apr 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4108239)   #5
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinrhonda View Post
Sorry, a little off topic but curious. Being from the USA and one who raced what we refer as Endurance racing, I'm curious about the differences. 1. When you refer to Endurance, are you talking about many laps/hours on a short under .5 to .7 tenths mile course, or on a 2.5-3 mile circuit like Snetterton or BHR for example? 2. Are you contesting in a sprint style chassis.
I'm a bit late but thought I might explain (I'm interested in the US' situation too, very different names to what we have in Europe.)

Endurance karting in Europe is circuit karting around 'road circuits' - popular tracks over here include PFinternational, Adria Kart Circuit or Angerville for instance. Entry-level is usually in arrive&drive karts, as you would hire at a circuit like Atlanta Motorsports Park or an indoor circuit.

Moving up, you then start racing with karts like TonyKart or CRG (I think you guys call them sprint karts) and typically 'ProKart' engines, which are tuned-up twin Honda 200cc 4-stroke motors and are similar to the Briggs LO206 engines in the US. There are also a few series' that use the Rotax Max 125cc engine, I think the Spa 24 Hour kart race uses them for instance.