Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2022, 15:08 (Ref:4113569)   #2151
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was able to get RLM to sync w/ my Roku / Motortrend App during the first session. A few very minor glitches w/ the app, but all in all, working out great.

Still looking for a shirt....
Old 8 Jun 2022, 15:20 (Ref:4113570)   #2152
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Car Cameras Available for Race (at least on MT):

#7 Toyota
#8 Toyota
#36 Alpine
#708 Glickenhaus

#1 Richard Mille lmp2
#5 Penske lmp2
#22 United Autosport lmp2
#48 IDEC lmp2

#52 Ferrari AF
#64 Corvette Racing
#91 Porsche
#92 Porsche

#33 TF Sport Aston AM
#56 Porsche Project1 AM
#93 Porsche Proton AM
Old 8 Jun 2022, 15:27 (Ref:4113573)   #2153
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6R Racing Fan View Post
In Car Cameras Available for Race (at least on MT):

#7 Toyota
#8 Toyota
#36 Alpine
#708 Glickenhaus

#1 Richard Mille lmp2
#5 Penske lmp2
#22 United Autosport lmp2
#48 IDEC lmp2

#52 Ferrari AF
#64 Corvette Racing
#91 Porsche
#92 Porsche

#33 TF Sport Aston AM
#56 Porsche Project1 AM
#93 Porsche Proton AM
I'd like to figure how I'm supposed to stream these and the broadcast simultaneously while stream using the app. Maybe a second TV or use the computer / monitor for the onboards? Likely the latter....
Old 8 Jun 2022, 15:35 (Ref:4113579)   #2154
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'd like to figure how I'm supposed to stream these and the broadcast simultaneously while stream using the app. Maybe a second TV or use the computer / monitor for the onboards? Likely the latter....
I was able to stream the practice feed on the app today, but tried to sign in on the computer and couldn't get it to work for some reason. I'm sure it was operator error, but i was stumped
Old 8 Jun 2022, 16:51 (Ref:4113588)   #2155
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was able to stream the practice feed on the app today, but tried to sign in on the computer and couldn't get it to work for some reason. I'm sure it was operator error, but i was stumped
So many usernames and passwords!!!

I'm actually trying to do 'a bit of' work today; i'll look for something maybe during the race....
Old 8 Jun 2022, 17:29 (Ref:4113601)   #2156
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are we going to have all the cameras switched on for Hyperpole tomorrow?
Old 8 Jun 2022, 18:18 (Ref:4113618)   #2157
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Why would they switch off? IIRC last time they did was years ago during practice.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 18:53 (Ref:4113625)   #2158
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Why would they switch off? IIRC last time they did was years ago during practice.
They’ve been switched off all day today. Only functioning cameras are Porsche Curves through to Tetre Rouge - nothing along the Mulsanne, the chicanes, Indy or Arnage, which is about 2/3rds of the circuit.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 19:32 (Ref:4113631)   #2159
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They’ve been switched off all day today. Only functioning cameras are Porsche Curves through to Tetre Rouge - nothing along the Mulsanne, the chicanes, Indy or Arnage, which is about 2/3rds of the circuit.
It's not that they aren't switched on. They probably just aint there. They build up through the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Seems very strange that now it is all compressed into 8 days they could not put the camera's in for test day
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Currently they put in some cameras on Tuesday (approx 16), and take them out on Sunday. They are effectively paying for those for 6 days.

Other cameras (another 20 approx) aren't put in until Friday. Those are only charged for 3 days.

So the number of camera days they are paying for is 156.

To do test day coverage, they would have to put cameras in on Saturday. That's a 9 day hire.

Given the budget isn't likely to rise, that means fewer cameras at other points in the race week.

To maintain full coverage of the track during the race, you'd have to drop down to 8 cameras. So the already patchy coverage on Wednesday and Thursday would get even worse.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 19:34 (Ref:4113634)   #2160
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
So many usernames and passwords!!!

I'm actually trying to do 'a bit of' work today; i'll look for something maybe during the race....
I also tried to add a subscription inside the app to make sure I have video for the entire 24 hours but couldn't figure out how to give them my money either!
Old 8 Jun 2022, 20:17 (Ref:4113636)   #2161
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
It does not make sense that having bought the race you get the video of the practice session and onboard cameras for several cars but cannot see it when at the website. I missed FP1 because of not knowing this.
Old 8 Jun 2022, 20:33 (Ref:4113639)   #2162
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Doubt it. Especially because Friday only has one Porsche and one Ligier support race. So why do it now when it has been never done previously.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 01:29 (Ref:4113656)   #2163
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quick reminder for Eurosport watchers. Remember to chose he right feed. The one just labeled as the race rather than one of the channels coverage has no adverts.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 02:41 (Ref:4113658)   #2164
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FIA: Please Take My Money!

I'm located in the U.S., and despite using a VPN, I have been unable to purchase the Le Mans race pack on members.fiawec.com. I can submit my payment information, apparently successfully, but eventually I see an error page that says:

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED !
- YOUR ORDER COULD NOT BE SAVED

It does not seem to matter which country I select in the VPN as my "virtual location." Any advice on how to cajole the site into taking my money?

Thanks - Jeff
Old 9 Jun 2022, 04:32 (Ref:4113662)   #2165
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Do you need to VPN? I thought the service was available in the US. I don’t have it now, but I have in the past.

Might it be that you are paying with a US card virtually in a foreign land? Some places are sniffy about that.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 04:55 (Ref:4113664)   #2166
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetray View Post
I'm located in the U.S., and despite using a VPN, I have been unable to purchase the Le Mans race pack on members.fiawec.com. I can submit my payment information, apparently successfully, but eventually I see an error page that says:

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED !

It does not seem to matter which country I select in the VPN as my "virtual location." Any advice on how to cajole the site into taking my money?

Thanks - Jeff
Same for me last night.... surprising because I have bought the same package (9.99 Euro race package) successfully for the last 3 years, without ever having a VPN involved. It goes through the whole process but fails when I click the pay button. I didnt get an error message just nothing. I even checked online with my bank to see if any payment had been made but it hadnt.
I gave up as I found a free stream with no sound which I watched with RLM comms. Not the best quality but better than nowt as they say.
I was going to try again shortly to get the WEC pack with another card.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 05:45 (Ref:4113666)   #2167
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetray View Post

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED !

Thanks - Jeff

Just noticed what is likely your problem. Too late to edit my above post. Service not available in the US.
When I go through the pay process in red letters it gives the following warning....
Quote:
Warning! The 24 Hours of Le Mans live streaming and other video contents are not available in the USA and Canada (except for the French version in Canada).
Maybe setting your VPN to Europe might solve the problem.
(Edit: just noticed you said you tried different VPN locations.)

Still doesnt solve my difficulties!

Last edited by E.B; 9 Jun 2022 at 05:58.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 05:48 (Ref:4113667)   #2168
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fortunately, my TV provider carries MoterTrend, the official Le Mans broadcaster for the U.S. and non-French-speaking Canada. Thus, the FIA gets none of my money, despite my eagerness to purchase the Le Mans race pack, and I can turn off my VPN!

I'll watch the race on MotorTrend while listening to RLM and using a second screen for timing and scoring, similar to my 2020 setup, attached.

- Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
LM_2020_setup_1000.jpg  
Old 9 Jun 2022, 05:57 (Ref:4113668)   #2169
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Just noticed what is likely your problem. Too late to edit my above post. Service not available in the US.

Maybe setting your VPN to Europe might solve the problem.

Still doesnt solve my difficulties!
I tried setting my VPN to various European countries without success. Perhaps someone will find a solution and let us know.

I'm not a big fan of whatever international feed MotorTrend utilizes. Too many interviews and "human interest" features; too little racing.

- Jeff
Old 9 Jun 2022, 06:12 (Ref:4113669)   #2170
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Same for me last night.... surprising because I have bought the same package (9.99 Euro race package) successfully for the last 3 years, without ever having a VPN involved. It goes through the whole process but fails when I click the pay button. I didnt get an error message just nothing. I even checked online with my bank to see if any payment had been made but it hadnt.
I gave up as I found a free stream with no sound which I watched with RLM comms. Not the best quality but better than nowt as they say.
I was going to try again shortly to get the WEC pack with another card.
Problem solved.... it seems my 'adblock' was interfering with the payment window. I didnt notice is at 2:00am last night. Actually did it on my laptop (Apple v Windows PC last night) and it also came up with 'redirect error', which was just a matter of clicking an option to allow, so redirect allowed and popups allowed for the page solved it.
Voila, payment confirmed, problem solved. All set to go.

Last edited by E.B; 9 Jun 2022 at 06:18.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 07:05 (Ref:4113673)   #2171
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Checked my Radio Times yesterday and Quest are showing coverage of the first couple of hours like they did last year, although there don't seem to be showing the end of the race like last year
Old 9 Jun 2022, 10:04 (Ref:4113689)   #2172
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did I dream this, or did someone say they are finally showing the Road to Le Mans first race later today?
Old 9 Jun 2022, 10:09 (Ref:4113690)   #2173
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
I think so, in case I am wrong you can google "timing 71 google chrome extension" and will be able to check if you have it installed or not.
This is good news as this service had been shut down or specifically blocked I thought.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4113691)   #2174
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First year buying the Le Mans WEC race streaming package.Very impressed.Have watched the replays of the 3 Wednesday sessions.
Feel like I have got my moneys worth already.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4113708)   #2175
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Did I dream this, or did someone say they are finally showing the Road to Le Mans first race later today?
It is happening. https://youtu.be/pbTXB09NH2Y