Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 9 Dec 2007, 11:38 (Ref:2084795)   #26
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, how many five-year contracts have held up lately? There are always out clauses.

I don't think these tests mean much.

Perera testing for Forsythe? No indication Forsythe is running a third car and he almost didn't run two in '07. The series needs a Mexican driver or two to interest the folks in Mexico City and he had Martinez.

Rocketsports testing Alexandre Negrao? Gimme a break. That's just a team making a few bucks giving someone a test who had enough money for a test.

When it gets time to pee on the fire and call in the dogs, a Tristan Gommendy will come out of the blue and Vasser will say, "Whoozat."
Old 9 Dec 2007, 11:48 (Ref:2084805)   #27
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dunno about the rest IC but kinda partial to Franck Perera. He came to grips with that Atlantic machine in pretty short order, it was fun to watch. If not FPR, maybe somebody else. Although he looked like such a kid behind the wheel of that Champ Car, he'd get the hang of it.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 17:29 (Ref:2086650)   #28
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://tsn.ca/auto_racing/Champ_Car/...to_racing-cart

Quote:
FIA approves Champ Car schedule

The World Motor Sport Council on Friday approved the 14 race schedule which will include a new race in Jerez, Spain while two other races in Zolder, Belgium and Assen, Holland return for a second year.

Good to see no push against the European dates
Old 12 Dec 2007, 12:37 (Ref:2087178)   #29
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for the link Ice. Another European date next year! Motorsports is an awfully crowded market over there IMO - how'd they go last year, good enough to build on? And there's a schedule, so it's all a go then? Again, for this darned casual observer.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 09:47 (Ref:2088590)   #30
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A press release from David Martinez
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...e.asp?ID=12439

Comes across as being very confident of a ride in 2008. Axtel sponsored the #7 car at Mexico, hopefully this will carry over for 2008.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 17:02 (Ref:2088898)   #31
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Well, how many five-year contracts have held up lately? There are always out clauses.

I don't think these tests mean much.

Perera testing for Forsythe? No indication Forsythe is running a third car and he almost didn't run two in '07. The series needs a Mexican driver or two to interest the folks in Mexico City and he had Martinez.

Rocketsports testing Alexandre Negrao? Gimme a break. That's just a team making a few bucks giving someone a test who had enough money for a test.

When it gets time to pee on the fire and call in the dogs, a Tristan Gommendy will come out of the blue and Vasser will say, "Whoozat."
Yup. Forsythe probably funded the second car out of his own pocket for the most of the season (Indeck sponsoring...), the exceptions being Dominguez's three races and possibly the two Martinez did (even if they did need another Mexican for the last race I assume that they had the sense to try and get some money from him). I don't know what difference Petit will do, but it is worth remembering that both Bell Micro and Gulfstream followed with him from PKV to RuSport (Servia ran Gulfstream livery in 2006 and Kat ran Bell Micro) - maybe we will se either or both of those on Forsythe cars next year. Especially if they dump tracy as he's got Monster Energy Drink as his personal sponsor...

Negrao has more money than talent, yes. He isn't the worst driver out there however; GP2 is a very competitive championship and he wasn't catastrophical for the less-than-great Piquet/Minardi team this year (which seemed lost without Nelson Jr. racing for them). And he did finally get himself a podium. There are better drivers than him in CC but certainly worse too...
Old 14 Dec 2007, 17:10 (Ref:2088910)   #32
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine
http://tsn.ca/auto_racing/Champ_Car/...to_racing-cart

Good to see no push against the European dates
Well if it all does pan out, hopefully CCWS can build on the success of this year. No cancellations please!
Old 16 Dec 2007, 17:59 (Ref:2090019)   #33
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, they've already had those "cancellations" at least on a temporary (so far) basis. The FIA held up Jerez and Zolder, then put back Jerez and the boards have it putting Zolder back on Monday.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 18:26 (Ref:2090026)   #34
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So why hasn't the WMSC approved Zolder yet, too close to the F1 race.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 01:09 (Ref:2090985)   #35
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well, they've already had those "cancellations" at least on a temporary (so far) basis.
I dont think anyone apart from you would consider those as cancellations.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 06:40 (Ref:2093665)   #36
D.R.T.
Veteran

New sponsor for Conquest

Quote:
Conquest Racing has solidified its future in the Champ Car World Series with the signing of new marketing partner, Opes Prime Group Ltd, an Australian-based financial services provider. As a direct result of this new two-year agreement, Conquest Racing is committed to entering two cars in the 2008 Champ Car World Series.

Quote:
"Our aim over the next couple of years is to develop and promote talent from within the junior formulae Australian and Asian Championships, and whilst our involvement with Conquest in no way guarantees a drive for any of those talented, young Opes Prime backed-drivers, it does provide an opportunity, which is what we are all about."
Old 22 Dec 2007, 06:50 (Ref:2093667)   #37
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting. I'm not quite sure if that confirms or rules out James Winslow at Conquest!
Old 22 Dec 2007, 11:36 (Ref:2093727)   #38
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'll believe that when I see it...

Seen as no actual source for the story is posted and all the major websites aren't carrying that report

Surely crash or Speed would have reported that 'massive' news...
Old 22 Dec 2007, 11:57 (Ref:2093732)   #39
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But this would go ahead, the rebranding at Surfers was pretty comprehensive and Opus is pretty keen on the old motorsport thingo...

My guess is that Nelson Phillippe will be back next year though...

Last edited by marcus; 23 Dec 2007 at 22:24.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 12:41 (Ref:2093747)   #40
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
The quotes look like they come from the piece on the CCWS web site...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 12:54 (Ref:2093752)   #41
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
The quotes look like they come from the piece on the CCWS web site...
Even more reason to believe it when I see the cars on the grid!

Anymore updates on whether Rocketsports will be back next season?
Old 23 Dec 2007, 01:50 (Ref:2093977)   #42
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
besides the Conquest annoucement it seems everyone has shut up for Christmas
Old 23 Dec 2007, 05:23 (Ref:2094003)   #43
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
The quotes look like they come from the piece on the CCWS web site
Apologies for leaving out that, slipped the mind.

TSN has also run the story.

Last edited by marcus; 23 Dec 2007 at 22:25.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 12:30 (Ref:2094089)   #44
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Agreed, marcus. I doubt there will be much in the way of "news" between now and the New Year.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 23 Dec 2007, 22:35 (Ref:2094234)   #45
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
right well this may seem out of place now as I have removed some posts.

I will say this again for those of you that are rather slow....

If there is a post you dont like HIT THE WARN BUTTON its not rocket science folks , its pretty damm simple really.

dont come on here whinging about how the world hates me and nobody cares about how the forum is run and the moderators are rubbish (BTW dont even try that on the public forum again )

there are procedures in place to deal with this people , I suggest some of you take the festive season to catch up on these procedures , they can all be found in our extensive FAQ section.

We Mods cant be everywhere , in fact the thread was fine when I logged off last night and now Im not doing my job because I have a family and a life and occassionally need some sleep too...give me a break !!!!

and for the record I clean up just as much bull**** in the Indycar forum as well so dont just go blaming this forum for the woes of the world.

Im done Sod ya's !!!

have a happy Christmas
Old 29 Dec 2007, 13:03 (Ref:2096170)   #46
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perera set to confirm plans in early January

Quote:
"We had a pre-agreement before Christmas with a CC team but my management CJMotorsport asked for the contract back so we could be free to do a deal with other teams who are ready to commit now."
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/cham..._graduate.html
Old 29 Dec 2007, 13:17 (Ref:2096176)   #47
indycool
Veteran

What is a "pre-agreement?"
Old 29 Dec 2007, 14:16 (Ref:2096198)   #48
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Something non-binding apparently IC. Wherever Perera ends-up, it'll be interesting to see how he goes. That was an impressive enough run in Atlantics last year.

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 29 Dec 2007 at 14:18.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 17:13 (Ref:2096254)   #49
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Maybe it is like being "pre-engaged..."
Old 30 Dec 2007, 01:26 (Ref:2096402)   #50
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
What is a "pre-agreement?"
In Perrera's case it was with Forsythe in regards to the contract he signed with the team when he tested a month ago. Something along the lines of Forsythe having first pick of Perrera.

What team do we think he will wind up at now, the Conquest announcement and this one seem have come at similar times.