Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2210638)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans tech preview

I can't do a link right now as I'm on the PS3, but check out Racecar Engineerings website, they have a great tech preview for every car now online.
Old 24 May 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2210642)   #2
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sam's artical
Le Mans 24 Hours Technical preview

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...l-preview.html
Old 24 May 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2210655)   #3
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame that sam doesn't rate either of the Lola coupes as even finishers.
Arguably they have had more race laps (testing) than the Dome.
Old 24 May 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2210658)   #4
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But how many laps can the Aston Lola string together without problems?

It won't finish. If it does, it won't be classified.
Old 24 May 2008, 21:49 (Ref:2210805)   #5
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I can't do a link right now as I'm on the PS3, but check out Racecar Engineerings website, they have a great tech preview for every car now online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCE
as we hope this will be the most comprehensive technical run down of the cars taking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCE
Exclusive: An exhaustive technical look at every car competing in this years race. Full features and links
Great? Exhaustive?

Did you read their comments of the GT2 cars already? What sort of review is that?

Last edited by vandijk; 24 May 2008 at 21:54.
Old 24 May 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2210813)   #6
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
Great? Exhaustive?

Did you read their comments of the GT2 cars already? What sort of review is that?
Leave'm alone, they are predicting Aston and Porsche victories, which makes it a great preview in my book .

yeah, if i was a dictator I would be of the shoot the messenger kind...
Old 24 May 2008, 22:26 (Ref:2210826)   #7
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
But how many laps can the Aston Lola string together without problems?

It won't finish. If it does, it won't be classified.
It did alright at Barcelona? But my point about testing is that they'll find these problems already.
If there were only one Peugeot or one Audi you probably wouldn't rate their luck over 24 hours that highly either, hence why they are racing 3 each.
Old 24 May 2008, 22:32 (Ref:2210831)   #8
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
The site is nicely put together,but these guys don't know what they´re on about.

Here's what they they think happened to the Lambo on it's great run at the Spa 1000km:

"silly reliability problems cost it a class win."

While the car acually got hit by the Epsilon Euskadi in the la source hairpin,causing damage to the nosesection,resulting in an open flapping nosehatch. The car then had to go in for a lenghty stop,whereby the team were not allowed to tape the hatch back,but had to change the entire nose,causing a loss of some four or five laps.
THAT's why it didn't win it's class.

I seem to remember a Murcielago R-GT almost completing it's first 24 of Le Mans...

I for one don´t take these guys serious.
Old 24 May 2008, 23:38 (Ref:2210888)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wait till race week then - there will be stuff there that you won't find elsewhere (loads more to stuff to come but our focus is really in class order).

GTfour explore the preview a little more - theres a huge amount there - most of which you won't find anywhere else

I'm pretty certain niether Lola Coupe will finish, I think they are great cars and will be a force next year.

Hmm for some reason the Audi R10 section isn't workin right - only the first of 6 pages is displaying... will sort that in the morning.
Old 24 May 2008, 23:49 (Ref:2210896)   #10
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I fully agree with you on the Lola´s ss_collins,but with the Lambo´s they really just suck their prediction out of their thumb basing it on fiction instead of facts...
Old 25 May 2008, 00:03 (Ref:2210912)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wrote that bit - and you are right on the spa race, I watched it but forgot the reason for the bonnet coming off, but the pit work was shoddy. Also the lambo is a pretty rotten racecar, especially compared to a DBR9 or C6R... That car will not be a contender and I honestly struggle to see it finishing. I saw one stripped down last year and the thing was just bad... But then my love of GT1 is well known...
Old 25 May 2008, 00:59 (Ref:2210933)   #12
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
"Also the lambo is a pretty rotten racecar, especially compared to a DBR9 or C6R... That car will not be a contender and I honestly struggle to see it finishing."

Again I have to agree. Allthough the Lambo is a crowdpleaser for it´s spinetingling sound and awesome looks,it indeed is far from the higly streched purpose build racers by Corvette and Aston.
I though,wouldn´t be surprised if it actually finished in the top five of it´s class .
Old 25 May 2008, 03:28 (Ref:2210975)   #13
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit OT, but this is something I picked up from http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...e-spyder1//P2/ regarding the RS Spyder at LM:

Quote:
We do not make special engines for the LMS three or 12-hour races, they’re all for 24 hours.

There is no doubt it will be faster than an LMP1 at Le Mans.
They're certainly confident...
Old 25 May 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2211032)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well I found the reviews interesting and informative, I did not agree with everything but that is not surprising, I look forward to listening and participating in the inevitable discussions it will bring on saturday at the ten-tenths meeting.

Thank you sam for writting it and allowing us all to read your views.
Old 25 May 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2211304)   #15
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think some people are being exceptionally rude about this effort. It's not perfect, but if you guys think you can do better write it yourself.

I was impressed, and though some bits aren't there, i'm confident they will be soon, and I enjoyed flicking through. I'll read it properly later.
Old 25 May 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2211444)   #16
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsavage
A bit OT, but this is something I picked up from http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...e-spyder1//P2/ regarding the RS Spyder at LM:

They're certainly confident...
That's from RCE about 12 months ago, and was with regards to 2006 regs/opposition.
Old 25 May 2008, 15:56 (Ref:2211472)   #17
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very gratefull for the free content but I have to agree that it didn't say much I didn't know already - the title left me hoping it would have a little more technical content rather than race predictions.

To be honest, at this time of the year I will read anything and everything Le Mans related to get the next few weeks to hurry up so the more content and coverage the better!!
Old 25 May 2008, 20:09 (Ref:2211685)   #18
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Tom did you read all the articles??? you must have been reading a lot I gave up counting words at 10,000
Old 25 May 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2211747)   #19
hadlou
Rookie

France
Paris
hadlou should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manufacturer: Peugeot Sport
Prediction: Victory or DNF

that's a bit extreme ^^
Old 26 May 2008, 14:01 (Ref:2212198)   #20
Tom87
Racer

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Tom did you read all the articles??? you must have been reading a lot I gave up counting words at 10,000
Well I read all the new articles, but a lot of the technical reviews were links to older articles or bits from Mulsannes corner which already read before.
Old 26 May 2008, 14:23 (Ref:2212213)   #21
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
cool, yeah theres still a lot of new stuff to come but not until race week. Darned Audi article still isn't working.

Quote:
Manufacturer: Peugeot Sport
Prediction: Victory or DNF

that's a bit extreme ^^
I don't think so - the 908 will be a lot faster than the R10, but I think 2 of 3 will break, but if one finishes with a cleanish run it will win.
Old 26 May 2008, 14:29 (Ref:2212224)   #22
Tom87
Racer

England
Quote:
cool, yeah theres still a lot of new stuff to come but not until race week. Darned Audi article still isn't working.
Thats great to hear - look forward to it!

Quote:
I don't think so - the 908 will be a lot faster than the R10, but I think 2 of 3 will break, but if one finishes with a cleanish run it will win.
Looking at the form so far in the LMS my money is on a crash for one of each car (with each other or passing traffic) and technical problems for one of each (Audi haven't been perfect this year) leaving the remaining Peugeot to take the victory on pace. Obviously its anyones guess but the aggressiveness of both teams through traffic (Peugeot - LMS Spa, Audi - ALMS Sebring) leads me to suspect neither will be unscathed.