Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 30 Nov 2008, 03:19 (Ref:2344090)   #1
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais

With the way things are looking bourdais may not have an f1 seat next year,do u think he will return to american and race in this series?,can NHL racing afford to run a third car for him or woulkd they get rid of rahal or wilson for him, or would a other team get him?.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 03:32 (Ref:2344092)   #2
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the story was that NHL couldnt afford the 2nd seat for next year, and Wilson needed to get some sponsorship to stay. A 3rd seat for Bourdais would be out of the question.

Maybe somebody else could provide a seat for him, maybe Tony George himself.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2344148)   #3
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais has nothing to prove or gain really by going back to America and needs to hang onto the chance of a seat with Torro Rosso, 4 times champion deserves another chance in F1 and I am suprised he's not signed already. As much as I dont really like him as a person there is no denying his ability in a racing car.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2344192)   #4
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he's going anywhere other than F1 then it'll be sportscars or DTM. I doubt he'll be going back to America full time.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 30 Nov 2008, 12:25 (Ref:2344204)   #5
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd be surprised if Bourdais were to return to the US on a full time basis to race in Indy Car, particularly as there seem to be few available top line seats currently available. I would suspect that if he does not stay in F1, a move to the Peugeot Le Mans Series squad may be the most likely outcome.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2344404)   #6
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that should Bourdais become available, money will be found at NHL to run a second car for him.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2344414)   #7
Aloysius
Racer

Aloysius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
I'd be surprised if Bourdais were to return to the US on a full time basis to race in Indy Car, particularly as there seem to be few available top line seats currently available. I would suspect that if he does not stay in F1, a move to the Peugeot Le Mans Series squad may be the most likely outcome.

I completely agree with that assessment. He is after all a Le Mans native, and it would be great to see him take a French car to victory there. Besides, why would he want to ruin his brilliant record in American Open Wheel - he has the best percentage of wins of any driver ever.

I just wish this wasn't even an issue, he did a fine job in F1 and deserves another season.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2344480)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I too would be suprised to see Bourdais back in the US single seater scene, if he fails to land a seat in F1 as others have said I would think the most likely outcome would be that he would end up at Peugeot in the LMS and Le Mans. The DTM would be a possibilty but then he doesent really fit the series profile, he isnt a F3 graduate and he isnt a has been F1 driver looking for something to race before he retires which is of course what the DTM mainly consists of. Dont misunderstand me, I love the DTM but I dont think at this time in his career it is the right place for him.
Old 1 Dec 2008, 01:02 (Ref:2344564)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He has expressed interest in NASCAR before, but would they be willing to have a go with another single seater driver? Athough he has done well in IROC races IIRC?

AOWR is out of the question though. It's sportscars or stockcars if he can't get an F1 drive.
Old 1 Dec 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2345154)   #10
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In terms of ability he should be replacing Piquet at Renault.
Old 1 Dec 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2345235)   #11
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Maybe he will join JV playing with stock cars in the desert?
Old 3 Dec 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2346302)   #12
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
His tenure in F1 must be finished with the buy back of Torro Rosso by Red Bull and it's possible winding up if it's not sold. Why would he return stateside when his wife has expressed a desire for him not to return to ovals and she would like to stay in Europe. I think sports cars are beckoning.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 21:53 (Ref:2349204)   #13
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
Bourdais has nothing to prove or gain really by going back to America and needs to hang onto the chance of a seat with Torro Rosso, 4 times champion deserves another chance in F1 and I am suprised he's not signed already. As much as I dont really like him as a person there is no denying his ability in a racing car.
I didn't realise you knew him Icebaby, I have always found him polite, personable and friendly in the years I have known him with Champ Car.

I suspect, like a few other F1 drivers he is now looking at some sort of sports car drive for next year.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 17:34 (Ref:2349677)   #14
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess is sports cars as well, like ALMS. I went to the Vegas Champ Car race in 2004, where it was held at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. He won the race, but was quoted as saying how boring oval racing was.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2349844)   #15
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar7605
My guess is sports cars as well, like ALMS. I went to the Vegas Champ Car race in 2004, where it was held at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. He won the race, but was quoted as saying how boring oval racing was.
I certainly didn't find it boring. If I remember correctly I called two full course yellows during that one.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 08:28 (Ref:2352372)   #16
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
nascar - no way... hopefully another season in the torro rosso...
Old 12 Dec 2008, 18:12 (Ref:2353713)   #17
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by theracegypsy
I certainly didn't find it boring. If I remember correctly I called two full course yellows during that one.
I didn't find it boring, either. It was a lot of fun to watch.
Old 15 Dec 2008, 00:27 (Ref:2354940)   #18
Steve Carter
Racer

Australia
New England District NSW
Steve Carter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt he will have another season in F1 - I think Sato & Buemi will have those seats. NASCAR - who knows they have there own consolidation problems coming - sports cars - well he could do and does the Le Mans 24hr but the only real alternative there is ALMS but with whom - the only main game open wheeler series outside F1 is IRL which we hope has the legs to build into a credible series with a decent audience once again - we will see.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 01:25 (Ref:2358001)   #19
rotorrex7
Rookie

rotorrex7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais has openly said he is looking for alternatives to F1 and indycar is definetly a part of that.
Old 22 Dec 2008, 05:34 (Ref:2359526)   #20
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bordais will be in F1 next year, I thought he had an outstanding rookie season considering the limitations of his car.
Old 22 Dec 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2359912)   #21
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neil22, if Bourdais had an outstanding rookie season then what did Vettel have?
Old 23 Dec 2008, 00:41 (Ref:2359966)   #22
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An outstanding season.
Old 23 Dec 2008, 01:55 (Ref:2359983)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who knows, Champ Car/IRL racing is more akin to sportscars than F1, what with the races being longer and a real pitstop stratregy, so why not. Bourdais/Peugeot winning LeMans in 2009?

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 23 Dec 2008 at 01:58.