Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jul 2001, 02:35 (Ref:122839)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
BAR may be his only Option

Quote:
From Autorace.com

Decision to stay with BAR was easy according to Villeneuve

The BAR team confirmed the services of Jacques Villeneuve for the 2002 season earlier this week, ending speculations linking him to a number of other teams for next season.

He admitted that his decision to stay with BAR was easy and explained why when he said: "I signed my contract last year but you always look at what's happening everywhere in case something happens and you have to look at something else. But there was never a question of going anywhere else. There was no decision to make."
Is it just me, or does anyone else think he never had other options. Why would McLaren, want to replace there current aging lineup with another 'Semi-retired' driver?

And if he had other options, why would'nt he take tham over this team he constantly critisises (and Run Free believes is sabotaging him ) and fails to perform?

IMO - This is the best he could do.
Old 28 Jul 2001, 03:19 (Ref:122852)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Well he has so much time invested in BAR..I think it only makes sense that he should stay there and help them move forward..He can drive after all,IMHO he would LQQK like Mr Montoya if he were driving the Williams this year...Fast!
Old 28 Jul 2001, 12:36 (Ref:122969)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For some time I have thought that JV was past it, and neither did he have any other options for next season. His performance this season has highlighted this. BAR will be the last team JV drives for.
Old 28 Jul 2001, 15:42 (Ref:123067)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree that he never had any other options, and no matter how much his fans hope to see him in a McLaren, I just for the life of me cannot envision it.

Things may open up in the field for the 2003 field, but for naw, he's set for a fourth season at BAR.
Old 28 Jul 2001, 15:47 (Ref:123069)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I have read, his salary demands are so high that even Pollock can't really justify them to the team anymore ... and why would a top team spend huge sums on a guy his age when they can get somebody Kimi's or Alonso's age who will drive for 1/4 the wages and last a lot longer in the job - and not give out so much lip service?

Ron Dennis does not like Jacques and vice versa, as their styles do not mesh at all (sartorial, PR-wise, and follow-the-script-wise). He will never drive at Ferrari because of his father's legacy there, and Williams seems pretty well set. So where else would he go? Minardi?
Old 28 Jul 2001, 15:49 (Ref:123072)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

Ron Dennis does not like Jacques and vice versa, as their styles do not mesh at all (sartorial, PR-wise, and follow-the-script-wise).

Exactly!!!!!!