Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 1 Dec 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2798273)   #26
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77 View Post
Mono cars will never race at the festival as the regs dont match. You can do things to your cars in Mono that a standard zetec cant. As you should know john
Chris sorry your wrong most FFZetec in mono1800 aren't modified at all and you don't need to modify them to win as Julian and I proved when we where out in mono1800 this year. Chris H choose to race at the Festival with us (first race outside mono1800) but Douglas (raced at Festival in 2009), Phil, James and the rest of the mono1800 guys choose the Silverstone mono1800 rounds all their cars are standard, we also had someone else interested but needed to change their exhaust and is coming in 2011. Plus brand new two novices (sorry names escape me) with standard RF95 & RF96s said 2011 as would be out of their depth this year. The only FFZetec mono1800 car that has more mods than just the exhaust is Pete "Mr B"'s 5 speed car.

Last edited by Triple J Motorsport; 1 Dec 2010 at 19:32.

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 1 Dec 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2798275)   #27
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by apg100 View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know how many people raced in the 2010 Zetec series?

I have been getting report that it struggled to get 10 or more there. Is this correct?
Log on to the Monoposto site and take a look at mono1800 championship result tables races etc

Old 9 Dec 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2801940)   #28
apg100
Rookie

England
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
apg100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

Well, I am sitting my ADRS tomorrow, at Outlon park. Think I better have a night off the booze, and keep my head clear.

I've just been trying to learn all the flags and think I have finally got them!!

Andrew and I are also going to look at a couple of cars in the morning (RF99 and a RF92, from Medina Sport), although we still haven't fully made our mind up on which series to join. We are split between Kent and Zetec.

We have noticed loads of Kent's for sale, but not many of the 'affordable' Zetecs that everyone talks about. We are still leaning towards the Zetecs, but with it being hard to find any to look at, we are still being pulled the Kent way.

One of the members on here has offered his car for a test day, to see what we think of the Zetecs, which we are aiming to do next week (weather permitting), so at least we'll get to try before we buy.

I have had loads of options of different Kents for sale, but if anyone has a 00/01 Zetec for sale, could you send me details.

Can I also say thank you to everyone that has 'pitched' in on this thread, you really are all a credit to the sport!!

Cheers
Old 9 Dec 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2802018)   #29
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi apg100.

Don't worry about your test. So long as you know your flags (multiple choice) and you show you can drive (they are not looking for how quick you drive!), you'll be fine.

Just started reading this thread and to be honest, the only person that can make the decision is you.

All Championships have there merits.

Ask yourself if you want to tour around the country, or if you want to be home for tea after an event? Can you spare a weekend for each race meeting or do you want to keep it to a day? Do you have a budget to race at the thick end of a grid, or do you want a race all through the field as you progress. You may find if you enter a championship with only a few cars, you may not have anyone to race for a while. If it's a full grid, you can gauge your performances each week as you progress through the field. Also learning race craft as you go......

Each category has it's own associated costs. Some engines last longer than others, but when they let go, it's different things that let go......

Build a network of good contacts around you. Check out a local welders for your welding needs. Chances are, if you take your broken bit to a "race welder", you'll pay a premium for the same work.

And DON'T BUY THE FIRST CAR YOU SEE. As much as it appears a bargain, get used to looking at them and build a picture. The cleanest, shiniest car isn't always the quickest!

The main thing is don't rush into it. You don't have to be out for the first race.......

Good luck!
Old 10 Dec 2010, 14:28 (Ref:2802456)   #30
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Good advice from Walshly

Be patient if it's affordable Zetecs you want there will be a more on the market after Christmas, it's a good sign that the ones on the market have been bought up

Old 10 Dec 2010, 15:01 (Ref:2802467)   #31
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm another that would recommend a F Ford Zetec. The engines are bullet proof & the cars generally have lots of spares around. Tyres can also be picked up second hand from the National F Ford series very cheaply (£10 per cover?) & will probably last you several races. You can also race in both the Zetec class of F4 and the Mono1800 class of Monoposto without making any mods to the car (you may need to check the F4 tyre regs, though).
Old 10 Dec 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2802565)   #32
apg100
Rookie

England
I've been to Oulton today and passed

We also went to see John Leobell (not sure on the spelling) and had a look at a few cars he has for sale.

I couldn't fit in the RF92, but the RF99 was fine, in fact, it felt quite comfortable.

Andrew and I are both spending the weekend contemplating the merits of both and will decide on Monday.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2806958)   #33
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
I am told 3 post 2000 FFZetecs will come on to the market after Christmas

Old 21 Dec 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2806960)   #34
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gather Andrew is close to doing a deal to buy a couple of zetecs and intends to race in F4 which is nice

Interesting that Duratecs are now allowed in F4. Put one in a US F2000 Chassis and it will fly
Old 21 Dec 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2806983)   #35
apg100
Rookie

England
We are hopefully going to be doing a deal for at least one Zetec in the new year (maybe 2, it just depends how much money we spend over Christmas), so will be racing in the new year Hoping to join the F4 lot, but may do Mono 1800, not sure yet.
Old 28 Dec 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2809038)   #36
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
That's great news you can always do F4 and Mono1800 or a bit of both

What car(s) have you bought / are buying?

Old 29 Dec 2010, 14:12 (Ref:2809205)   #37
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Interesting that Duratecs are now allowed in F4. Put one in a US F2000 Chassis and it will fly
Are you allowed to do that? or is it FFDuratecs in standard form only?

Surely if that's the case like you say they will fly passed all the current class A cars forcing everyone to buy a Duratec motor....

Old 29 Dec 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2809208)   #38
Redracer77
Veteran

In the regs it does say that all Duratecs need front and rear wings but I think that is a typo.

One thing they have completly screwed up on is that they have made tyres free so you will get drivers using really soft tyres to get to the front which just ups the costs.....

They should be limiting tyres and not increasing costs.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2809235)   #39
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
In the regs it does say that all Duratecs need front and rear wings but I think that is a typo.

One thing they have completly screwed up on is that they have made tyres free so you will get drivers using really soft tyres to get to the front which just ups the costs.....

They should be limiting tyres and not increasing costs.
Yep should have named a slick and wet tyre and limited the slick sets of tyres per year year or per number of meetings ie after 2/3 meetings you can buy another set.

Old 29 Dec 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2809241)   #40
Redracer77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple J Motorsport View Post
Yep should have named a slick and wet tyre and limited the slick sets of tyres per year year or per number of meetings ie after 2/3 meetings you can buy another set.
Spot on

3 sets all year and use the slightly harder F3 rubber - same for everyone
Old 29 Dec 2010, 22:42 (Ref:2809317)   #41
LilMatt
Rookie

LilMatt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From the regs....

3. Exterior: Free, subject to MSA regulations. Zetec engined cars
running with fuel injection must be fitted with a front & rear aerofoil
as per Appendix 6. FFord Duratec engine car must run to FFord
Duratec regulation regarding bodywork plus a mandatory front & rear
aerofoil as per appendix 6.

Isn't the Zetec reg the wrong way round?... the injected cars are original non wing spec Class C cars. The Class A wing cars are non injected.

I guess the regs are meant to include Zetec or Duratec cars in full original UKFF injected spec as class C cars.

So is the plan to have non injected Duratec join the non injected Zetec in class A?. ..anyone got the full Duratec regs from 750 office?

On power to weight the Duratec could start an engine war in class A.... and there may be plenty of Duratec engines becoming available as UKFF switches engines (2012?) and their existing chassis may be converted to the new engine or maybe retro fitted to Kent.

I can see the chance to gather up a few full Duratec cars in Class C but is it time yet to offer the engine into Class A?
Old 30 Dec 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2809525)   #42
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont get too excited.. Same weight rules/try fitting a aero package to a curated VD etc etc
Old 6 Jan 2011, 10:28 (Ref:2811850)   #43
FranksWilde
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
FranksWilde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's why you should have gone with ff1600. The regs a straight forward and all the cars on the grid are the same spec.
Old 6 Jan 2011, 23:11 (Ref:2812182)   #44
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck you Guys, whatever you do I hope you have fun with.
If you ever want to join the Historic FF's you'll be welcome _ Especially if you can BBQ...
I know initial costs are more than the others but our policy of practice and racing on one day makes for a popular grid which in turn allows us to be able to afford to race on the established circuits (which helps to cut down on fuel costs getting there).

Good racing.
Old 10 Jan 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2813734)   #45
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksWilde View Post
That's why you should have gone with ff1600. The regs a straight forward and all the cars on the grid are the same spec.
Jez is talking about new Class A F4 FFDuratecs not FFZetecs which run completely standard in Class C.

Tags
formula ford, single seater