Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 12 May 2015, 10:53 (Ref:3536704)   #426
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
which site are you on?

The security on some sites means that you will need to arrive at the site at the same time as when you do leave it you will be given a pass which you will be required to hand over when you want to get back on to the site, although you can sometimes get late arrivals on it can be a problem. The camping tickets are scanned when you leave and when you arrive to stop the old trick of multiple cars arrive then people take the ticket back out to get the each car in.
This is only if they will be more than one car of course.

I have never heard of camping sites being restricted more than what a GE ticket permits. (Tertre Rouge might be the only exception, in which you Simon is the expert)
Old 12 May 2015, 11:46 (Ref:3536723)   #427
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
TR has had passes for many years and i think some orher sites within the GE area do as well, the extra security it gives are one of the main reason i always camp there
Old 12 May 2015, 12:02 (Ref:3536731)   #428
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Houx annexe for us - No worries with car as we're letting the train take the strain.
Old 12 May 2015, 12:58 (Ref:3536752)   #429
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Houx annexe for us - No worries with car as we're letting the train take the strain.
Then there is no issues with your mates joining you, as long as there is room on your camping spot!
Old 12 May 2015, 15:43 (Ref:3536778)   #430
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
No problem on HA you can just walk on to the site, but that does mean that it is not very safe to leave anything of value there, best to make friends with all those camping around your spot, that way they will look out and challenge anyone strange snooping around while you are not there.
Old 13 May 2015, 05:51 (Ref:3536949)   #431
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
I've got my tickets & camping all sorted (paperwork arrived over the weekend) - original plan was to go solo, but a couple of mates might be able to join me at the last minute.

Will they be able to just buy general admission tickets at the gate & share my pitch?
I have some spare GA's which I can sell you at 5 euros under face value. If interested pm me your contact details.
Old 30 May 2015, 04:01 (Ref:3542721)   #432
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
o wise ones,

since i'm going to be at the wrong end of europe come The Holy Week, will the friend who was going to come with me be able to pick up our grandstand tickets with a scanned in copy of my driving licence? on the initial email it just said a copy of the id, whereas the latest "this is where you're going" directions email just says "your id".

obviously this is france so it depends on the mood of the person behind the counter, direction of the wind etc but... is there an official word on this?
Old 30 May 2015, 05:42 (Ref:3542732)   #433
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think they will be so busy that they will not look at anything other than the name, glad you are not wasting the tickets, and tell your friends that they are still welcome at the meet on Saturday. You will be missed and glass or two raised in your honour
Old 30 May 2015, 21:55 (Ref:3543077)   #434
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thanking you kindly, sir. rest assured, i will return next season. but if you're going to raise a glass it does need to be victors rocket fuel

i only ask cause i could swear i was asked for id last time i collected something from there, but that was in 2012!
Old 31 May 2015, 20:04 (Ref:3543524)   #435
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
A couple of years ago I was told very firmly by the ACO ticket office that only the person named on the order could pick up the tickets and no proxy would be accepted.
Old 31 May 2015, 22:38 (Ref:3543561)   #436
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
oh, bloody hell. maybe i need to call them, or ask the friend to call them to see what the score is. the annoying thing is she was going to be using one of them anyway, it's just that i placed the order.

here's the bit from the order email that says someone else can collect them:
Quote:
To collect your tickets, you will need to bring your invoice and a valid ID. Times and places will be announced in due time on our website.
Another person can collect your tickets on your behalf, as long as he/she brings your invoice and a copy of your ID.
Old 31 May 2015, 22:51 (Ref:3543564)   #437
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
oh, bloody hell. maybe i need to call them, or ask the friend to call them to see what the score is. the annoying thing is she was going to be using one of them anyway, it's just that i placed the order.

here's the bit from the order email that says someone else can collect them:
Can she credibly bring one of your bits of ID and pass herself off as you? I mean realistically do any of us resemble the images on our passports / driving licenses etc?
Old 1 Jun 2015, 05:16 (Ref:3543651)   #438
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It says that another person can collect them with a copy of your ID so surely that can be arranged.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 10:37 (Ref:3543721)   #439
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
It says that another person can collect them with a copy of your ID so surely that can be arranged.
Precisely. Ignore what I said, they must have changed their policy for a more reasonable one.
Sad you can't be there yourself.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3543876)   #440
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Has anyone else renewed their ACO subscription recently? I renewed mine on 29th April, my account was debited the same day and I still have no card. I emailed the ACO and had a nice reply from Letitia who said that they had had delays in sending cards out but she would send me another 'temporary' one today. As I leave on Saturday I'm not holding out much hope of either arriving in time. As far as I recall, the only time I'm going to need it is when I register for my (no doubt very fetching) wristband. Presumably if I have last year's card (which only ran out in May) that, together with their own records will mean that I have no problem... (I can even bring my building society statement showing the payment to them.....).
Old 1 Jun 2015, 18:20 (Ref:3543900)   #441
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
They are always very slow, mine expires every year in oktober and it takes lots of weeks after and lots of sent emails before I have my new pass!
Service remains of poor standards but as long as we pay at least the ACO is happy.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3543914)   #442
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Your membership number will be the same so keep your old cards with you and use them
Old 2 Jun 2015, 11:52 (Ref:3544163)   #443
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aysedasi,

I joined the ACO at about the same time as you renewed ............

Also had a couple of email conversations with Lititia who was extremely helpful with temporary cards etc etc but the official card arrived in the post on Saturday so good to go.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 17:28 (Ref:3544260)   #444
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I'm not getting overly worried. As Simon says, I've had my number since 1997, so they should be able to find me! It's just annoying that it's still not here 34 days after handing over my hard-earned dosh..... I don't really want to come back to it in an envelope after the race.....
Old 2 Jun 2015, 17:58 (Ref:3544273)   #445
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Don't worry Andrew i am sure the strip on your card will pick up your current position and you will be able to use it to buy race tickets at the reduced rate and get you into the ACO area's.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3544279)   #446
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, as I say, I'm not worried about it, just annoyed at the poor service.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 10:37 (Ref:3544493)   #447
JJlehto1992
Rookie

Finland
JJlehto1992 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi folks! Greetings from finland (newbie). First time in le mans since -06 when i was a little boy
I have few questions about the race:
1.How early should you go to watch the start. Like early before the warm ups (9.00 am.)? We were thinking about mulsanne corner or the esses.
2. During the race, Arnage and Mulsanne? We got vehicle on our own so transportation is not an issue. Traffic instead might be.

Any advice would be helpful. Hope we all got an epic race and battle between all the manufacturers in lmp and gt-classes.

See you in next week!

Thanks!
Old 3 Jun 2015, 12:13 (Ref:3544518)   #448
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Welcome to the forum, if you have a grandstand ticket you can leave it until late to take your seat, if you want to watch on the start finish line then good spots will be full quite edarly, however if you watch the start from just about anywhere else no problem, so you will have time to make the meet at 12.00 in the village.
as for going to the other viewing areas at mulsanne and arnarge, yes traffic is bad and you may need a specific car parking ticket for them. the coaches are free but can also take a long time.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 12:28 (Ref:3544528)   #449
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Out of interest, does anyone know what parts of the track are open for pedestrians to actually get on the grey stuff on Friday & what times?
Old 3 Jun 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3544537)   #450
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Friday is the hardest day to be certain as the Police shut the track at various points to prevent automotive high-jinx.

On Weds and Thurs they shut the road around lunchtime, but still allow pedestrians and pushbikes around for a bit longer.