Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3831452)   #1201
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Just FYI for next year, on Eurosport player there is one feed with no adverts or commentary, just the pure car sounds. You can link this up with Radio Le Mans.
I used that. Worked great and it didn't have the Tom Kristensen show. Just the world feed.
Old 17 Jun 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3831462)   #1202
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I "borrowed" cable subscription loginfo from a family member and got velocity for the full 24 (even though I was at another family member's home for 10 hrs and watched velocity on DISH). Now, say what we want about the eurosport commentators, the Great Dane and the man with the Fox shirt, then a strange looking beach shirt and then the Fox shirt again, the amount of actual on track action I watched this year far exceeded all my previous years. With F1 on ESPN and 24LM on velocity, I hope to be finally away from the Fox and NBC infomercials.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 01:57 (Ref:3831528)   #1203
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I "borrowed" cable subscription loginfo from a family member and got velocity for the full 24 (even though I was at another family member's home for 10 hrs and watched velocity on DISH). Now, say what we want about the eurosport commentators, the Great Dane and the man with the Fox shirt, then a strange looking beach shirt and then the Fox shirt again, the amount of actual on track action I watched this year far exceeded all my previous years. With F1 on ESPN and 24LM on velocity, I hope to be finally away from the Fox and NBC infomercials.
The TK coaching scenes we're beyond bad. They could have been okay if they lasted 30 to 60 Seconds, but they lasted 5 to 10 minutes. I never listen to them or the Eurosport team so I can't comment on that but there was a decent amount of coverage All Things Considered.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 02:18 (Ref:3831530)   #1204
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I had completely forgotten about a regular commercial station broadcasting all of Le Mans in my country without interruption except for PiP commercials. I just turned that on and it was already perfectly synced with RS3 so I didn't even have to pay for anything extra to watch this year.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3831619)   #1205
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And that regular commercial station was which?
Old 18 Jun 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3831661)   #1206
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Really enjoyed the Ford in car streams. Had that on most of the time. At the end of the race they had over 21000 viewing live. Very impressive.

Extremely disappointing that Porsche did not have in-car feeds this year.
Old 18 Jun 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3831686)   #1207
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by villeneuve View Post
And that regular commercial station was which?
Sorry, RTL7 in the Netherlands.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 13:16 (Ref:3831873)   #1208
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
You'd think Porsche would have an extra few quid left over for a stream or two. Particularly as they were all in a palaver over their retro schemes. Enjoyed the Ford streams though, Bourdais' jousting with the Porsche in particular.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 13:24 (Ref:3831876)   #1209
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
Yes that was awesome. Thanks to the Ford onboard stream I had running in parallel I didn't miss a second of the duel between Bourdais and Makowiecki while the world feed TV-director indulged his favorite hobby which is switching away from racing action.
Porsche's online coverage totally failed this year.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 13:28 (Ref:3831881)   #1210
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport Player had #94 in car streaming....

However, I was surprised/ disappointed that was the only Porsche with an 'in car' stream. I would have expected one of the retro cars to have it.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3831891)   #1211
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
Yes, but #94 was out of the race early, Eurosport didn't replace it with another car and Porsche themselves had nothing to do with the Eurosport offering anyway.
Ford YouTube live streaming was really well done.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3831905)   #1212
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I checked the various Porsche YouTube channels half expecting something.....sadly not.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 22:55 (Ref:3831983)   #1213
HR186S
Rookie

Australia
Australia
HR186S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
Eurosport Player had #94 in car streaming....

However, I was surprised/ disappointed that was the only Porsche with an 'in car' stream. I would have expected one of the retro cars to have it.
The WEC App streamed all on the works 911 Pro cars, and all of the Fords too.
Old 31 May 2019, 05:05 (Ref:3907092)   #1214
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Thread bump.

Apparently there's been some rumor, or at least one commenter on Radio Le Mans' facebook page thought so, that Eurosport was only going to show 1st and final hours. That's entirely false.

https://twitter.com/f1broadcasting/s...88545881251842
Old 31 May 2019, 05:22 (Ref:3907095)   #1215
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well as i will be there, i will get live 24 hour coverage.
Old 31 May 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3907118)   #1216
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
... that Eurosport was only going to show 1st and final hours. That's entirely false.
Excellent.
I am stuck at home, so I will have to rely on Eurosport. I'll probably buy Eurosport Player
just for the race.
Old 31 May 2019, 09:29 (Ref:3907128)   #1217
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Excellent.
I am stuck at home, so I will have to rely on Eurosport. I'll probably buy Eurosport Player
just for the race.
Eurosport Player (which I recommend instead of WEC's own app) will have a separate continuous standalone "world feed" without ad breaks. Regardless of what the linear Eurosport 1 and 2 channels are showing.

It will have either WEC's own commentary team or no comms at all.

Last edited by deggis; 31 May 2019 at 09:36.
Old 31 May 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3907134)   #1218
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Is there any FTA coverage? If so I'll dip i and out of that, otherwise I'll do something else instead.
Old 31 May 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3907138)   #1219
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Radio Le Mans but audio only. Other than that I can recommend Eurosport Player and it's not too costly for an annual pass.
Old 31 May 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3907146)   #1220
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Eurosport Player (which I recommend instead of WEC's own app) will have a separate continuous standalone "world feed" without ad breaks.
I know. That's why I subscribe to it, for this week/month only.

I use my HTPC with Eurosport Player, and combine that with the sound of Radio Le Mans.
I have my regular TV receiver on Eurosport, just in case my internet connection starts having problems.

Apart from that I take 2 laptops and 2 24" monitors to the living room - 1 for live timing, the other for this forum.
Old 31 May 2019, 12:32 (Ref:3907163)   #1221
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I use my HTPC with Eurosport Player, and combine that with the sound of Radio Le Mans.
Indeed this is the ideal setup for me too.

Don't be surprised if this year the feed has WEC comms though, because more than of Silverstone/Fuji/Shangai had WEC comms but then Spa was again without comms.
Old 31 May 2019, 22:53 (Ref:3907222)   #1222
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ve got the WEC app and Eurosport. I’m thinking timing screen and a couple of screen. Main and in car. RLM until I can’t take it and then I think I might try some of this no commentary feed mentioned above if it is a thing.

Oh and I have scalextric for others when the interest wanes.
Old 1 Jun 2019, 05:34 (Ref:3907253)   #1223
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like your thinking with the Scalextric. Which cars?
Old 1 Jun 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3907271)   #1224
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, at moment, we have an electric Jag, Lamborghini Centenario and McLaren 720S that came with the set.

However, more interestingly, we have the 1996 3rd place GT40 and 1995 winning McLaren F1 coming

I’ve opened up a whole new world of things to get. Everything is very tempting. I’d like to get some more recent stuff and some Group C stuff. And then there are more track extensions...
Old 1 Jun 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3907280)   #1225
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol. It's addictive. I stopped at Group C. Got the Porsche 962 and the Jaguar XJR 9. Also got some iconic F1 and Touring cars but all pre 1990.