Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 2022, 11:11 (Ref:4133820)   #226
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i suspect we will only find out on the 29th tbh
Old 15 Nov 2022, 11:15 (Ref:4133821)   #227
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a bit unreasonable for them to tell us that we'll get more info on the 29th and then not tell us anything until the 29th don't you think?
Old 15 Nov 2022, 11:32 (Ref:4133825)   #228
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's a bit unreasonable for them to tell us that we'll get more info on the 29th and then not tell us anything until the 29th don't you think?
It would be more reasonable to tell us that we'll get more info on the 29th and can buy from the 30th.....
Old 15 Nov 2022, 11:44 (Ref:4133829)   #229
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Picky!
Old 15 Nov 2022, 12:27 (Ref:4133834)   #230
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just my Boy Scout mentality......
Old 16 Nov 2022, 20:25 (Ref:4133966)   #231
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
You can buy camping tickets now, right?
I could read they want to limit the traffic inside the circuit so lot of cars will have to be parked outside. Where?
And about the camping tickets I could also read that the previous bookings could not be renewed this year and all the places could be on sell on november 29th.
If so we'll have to be ready on the pc at the date!!!
Old 17 Nov 2022, 18:43 (Ref:4134054)   #232
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got email from ACO today, I'm sure many of you received the same. It got me worried tickets even GE will sell out.
This is the message:
Hurry and book your tickets now for the 24 Hours of Le Mans Centenary on 10-11 June 2023 at the special price for Members!

Please note! If you need extra tickets, there are just 10,000 Early-Bird* tickets and 15,000 Full Week admission tickets left.

Thoughts?
Old 17 Nov 2022, 19:39 (Ref:4134061)   #233
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Got email from ACO today, I'm sure many of you received the same. It got me worried tickets even GE will sell out.
This is the message:
Hurry and book your tickets now for the 24 Hours of Le Mans Centenary on 10-11 June 2023 at the special price for Members!

Please note! If you need extra tickets, there are just 10,000 Early-Bird* tickets and 15,000 Full Week admission tickets left.

Thoughts?

I don’t think there’s any chance they’re down to the last 15,000 weekly tickets.

But I’ve bought mine now just in case.
Old 17 Nov 2022, 19:40 (Ref:4134062)   #234
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
This is the message:

Thoughts?
I did wonder if this means member ticket numbers are limited or if it is total tickets.

Sean
Old 17 Nov 2022, 20:25 (Ref:4134069)   #235
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just don't see general admission tickets selling out. I noted that all grandstand seats have been sold.... Still no info about what to expect on 29th November though.
Old 17 Nov 2022, 20:46 (Ref:4134072)   #236
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not good for ACO planning to sell everything at early bird prices and probably not good for us to sell unlimited GE full week tickets as accommodation and traffic capacity/parking limited over the week.

Good weather and good Peugeot expectations should draw a big French crowd on Saturday - there must be some theoretical max capacity for H&S but as public area in front of GS’s all connected to all the space past Dunlop it could be tricky walking behind the GS for beer acquisition and disposal.
Old 18 Nov 2022, 09:06 (Ref:4134099)   #237
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*Price per person based on Full Week General Admission valid for the Test Day Sunday, 4th June and from Tuesday, 6th 2:00pm to Sunday, 11th June 2023. This ticket is free of charge for children under 16 (born after 11th June 2007) accompanied by at least one adult holding an admission ticket. Full price will apply from 1st March 2023 (€102) pending on the availabilities of the Full Week Ticket (limit of 15,000) and Early Bird price (limit of 10,000 incl. Weekend ticket)

**Each fully paid-up Member is entitled to buy two Admission tickets or Grandstand packages at ACO Member rates, subject to availability on the date of purchase.

Yep, clear as mud, an 'old school' ACO communication for sure.

Old 18 Nov 2022, 09:12 (Ref:4134101)   #238
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, clear as mud, an 'old school' ACO communication for sure.
The info quoted seems clear enough to me. What am I missing?
Old 18 Nov 2022, 09:32 (Ref:4134104)   #239
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
The info quoted seems clear enough to me. What am I missing?
Do you not find an element of ambiguity in 'Full price will apply from 1st March 2023 (€102) pending on the availabilities of the Full Week Ticket (limit of 15,000) and Early Bird price (limit of 10,000 incl. Weekend ticket)'? To me, it reads that they are only going to sell 15,000 full week entry tickets for next year's race in total, no?

I think we can probably all decipher a sensible understanding, but maybe not an accurate one, from that communication, but I'm perfectly relaxed if I'm revealing myself as a complete forum numpty (wouldn't be the first time ).

Last edited by Bentley03; 18 Nov 2022 at 09:37.
Old 18 Nov 2022, 09:42 (Ref:4134105)   #240
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Do you not find an element of ambiguity in 'Full price will apply from 1st March 2023 (€102) pending on the availabilities of the Full Week Ticket (limit of 15,000) and Early Bird price (limit of 10,000 incl. Weekend ticket)'? To me, it reads that they are only going to sell 15,000 full week entry tickets for next year's race in total, no?

I think we can probably all decipher a sensible understanding, but maybe not an accurate one, from that communication, but I'm perfectly relaxed if I'm revealing myself as a complete forum numpty (wouldn't be the first time ).

That seems clear enough, but elsewhere they say 10000 Early bird weekend remaining and 15000 full week full cost (but that includes the early bird allocation)
Old 18 Nov 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4134122)   #241
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My email says:

Price list also up

http://https://assets.lemans.org/exp...-mans-2023.pdf

Would appear due to demand they are limiting early bird tickets as probably projected more money from later sales. Not unreasonable to limit Full Week sales - as access to full week camping/hotels is definitely not unlimited, plus buying WE ticket later pretty much same as early bird Full Week and if really want to come to quali (essais) days you are paying extra.

Does anybody estimate/disclose total camping pitches/persons?
Old 18 Nov 2022, 14:52 (Ref:4134134)   #242
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
To me, it reads that they are only going to sell 15,000 full week entry tickets for next year's race in total, no?
Yes that is exactly my reading of it. It’s translated (or more accurately transliterated) from French rather than written by a native English speaker, which is perhaps why it reads awkwardly.

‘Full week’ in this case does include the test day, so that 15,000 isn’t a limit to main event ticket sales.
Old 18 Nov 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4134146)   #243
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
My email says:

Price list also up

http://https://assets.lemans.org/exp...-mans-2023.pdf

Would appear due to demand they are limiting early bird tickets as probably projected more money from later sales. Not unreasonable to limit Full Week sales - as access to full week camping/hotels is definitely not unlimited, plus buying WE ticket later pretty much same as early bird Full Week and if really want to come to quali (essais) days you are paying extra.

Does anybody estimate/disclose total camping pitches/persons?
I can't get that link to work. Did anyone download the pdf?
Old 18 Nov 2022, 16:44 (Ref:4134149)   #244
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
I did

Google - seemed to work easy second time I found it
Le Mans 24 prices pdf
Old 18 Nov 2022, 22:28 (Ref:4134171)   #245
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I can't get that link to work. Did anyone download the pdf?
If you add a : after the https it should appear.
Old 19 Nov 2022, 09:07 (Ref:4134219)   #246
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Got it, thanks Rich.
Old 19 Nov 2022, 09:11 (Ref:4134220)   #247
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, interesting..... There's no camping yet on that list, but parking is. And it's only showing Expo, Mulsanne/Arnage and Panorama which appears to be the former Rouge car park. No mention at all (yet) of Blanc, Bleu or Vert car parks.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2022-11-19 090841.jpg  
Old 19 Nov 2022, 11:35 (Ref:4134223)   #248
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, at least the ACO are making the sport more accessible to newbies for their biggest ever event by completely throwing the people who have gone for years. It’s a great leveller.

Think my party will be 15. I’m thinking our best bet is to go through a website like 1st tickets now to guarantee a Houx spot.
Old 19 Nov 2022, 11:41 (Ref:4134224)   #249
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think you're right, but I'd do it asap.....
Old 19 Nov 2022, 12:23 (Ref:4134227)   #250
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Yes that is exactly my reading of it. It’s translated (or more accurately transliterated) from French rather than written by a native English speaker, which is perhaps why it reads awkwardly.

‘Full week’ in this case does include the test day, so that 15,000 isn’t a limit to main event ticket sales.
In all the years I've been going to Le Mans, and I've always been the ticket purchaser, until this email I have never been aware of a cap/limit on how many full week entry tickets the ACO will sell. Have you? If, this year, there is a finite number available, of which only 15,000 remain, this cap is something completely new (to me, at least).

Seems to me that they've finally sorted their ticketing website, which is now fit for purpose, but still managed to create a complete ticketing mess for their customers (and agents, from what I'm hearing), who haven't got a clue what's going on.
Closed Thread