Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Jun 2023, 11:47 (Ref:4165665)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
TCR is the SRO internationally homologated manufacturer produced touring car regs. You can, and a few in HSR have, buy the car directly at a dealer and take it racing. I think SVRA actually runs the DSG and sequential in separate classifications, think that covers old VW and the Audis

All the TC car run in assorted spec to add to TC class, BMW, Toyota, Mini and Mazda just to make sure no one really knows what's gonna run. But without those added cars I think they would have only Hyundais and Hondas in TCR but I don't even see them any more in SRO list. Alfa runs their only US program in IMSA with an exception as they don't sell that car here but pay to play.

Personally am surprised they aren't more straight TCR cars in SRO Americas, IMSA drew 13 cars across 4 makes, Audi, Hyundai, Honda and an Alfa. Looks like ViR drew 25 TC class cars but it looks like they are all WC homologation not TCR
Old 1 Aug 2023, 13:28 (Ref:4170929)   #27
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know what a C7 Corvette GT3 is, but one is entered for Nashville:

Quote:
Mishumotors Corvette tests ahead of Nashville

Mishumotors’ Corvette C7 GT3-R has been out testing ahead of its appearence in the GT America event on the streets of Nashville this weekend.

In the event, the car will run #70 and be driven by Mirco Schultis.
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...1-08-2023.html
Old 1 Aug 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4170934)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Callaway Vette I'm guessing, give it some good BoP and let win for Reeves
Old 1 Aug 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4170937)   #29
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
It's a Callaway C7, older type GT3 and it has been participating in GT America for a couple of years now. Schultis is of (Dutch) SuperCar Challenge and ALMS LMPC 'fame', supporting his racing exploits with the 'Dress For Less' brand.

He can be credited for giving Renger van der Zande the opportunity to establish his reputation in IMSA when they teamed up for Starworks, resulting in multiple class wins (not sure if they ever won a championship as it also were Core's LMPC heydays).
Old 1 Aug 2023, 19:16 (Ref:4170983)   #30
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
It's a Callaway C7, older type GT3 and it has been participating in GT America for a couple of years now. Schultis is of (Dutch) SuperCar Challenge and ALMS LMPC 'fame', supporting his racing exploits with the 'Dress For Less' brand.

He can be credited for giving Renger van der Zande the opportunity to establish his reputation in IMSA when they teamed up for Starworks, resulting in multiple class wins (not sure if they ever won a championship as it also were Core's LMPC heydays).
Thanks, the name sounded familiar but couldn't remember from where.
Old 5 Oct 2023, 11:27 (Ref:4179768)   #31
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They Indy 8 should have been open to at least GT2 cars. I'm not sure why SRO never has been open either to the Porsche GT 992 Cup and Lambo Super Trofeo cars running either. I do agree to not have GT4.
Old 5 Oct 2023, 23:01 (Ref:4179877)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Corvettes in GT WC for 2024

https://sportscar365.com/sro/world-c...t3-rs-in-2024/

DXDT 2 car effort to start at COTA, likely 1 MB to carry on as well it sounds like
Old 6 Oct 2023, 11:58 (Ref:4179976)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Looks like DXDT will carry over drivers and one new pairing in a Vette

"He indicated that its existing driver lineups, consisting of Bryan Sellers/Scott Smithson and Corey Lewis/Jeff Burton will continue, with one pairing in a Corvette and another in a Mercedes for the season, alongside an all-new lineup for the second Corvette." S365 notebook from Indy
Old 7 Oct 2023, 18:31 (Ref:4180241)   #34
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gotta be honest, the Indy 8 hours does nothing for me. Can we have the GTWC America round somewhere better than this? 8 hours of Road America or something.
Old 7 Oct 2023, 21:45 (Ref:4180295)   #35
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Gotta be honest, the Indy 8 hours does nothing for me. Can we have the GTWC America round somewhere better than this? 8 hours of Road America or something.
It could use a few more cars but I like it so far. Road America is too big of a track to run this race on. Watkins Glen on the short course (no boot) would be my pick in the future.
Old 7 Oct 2023, 22:08 (Ref:4180305)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Well you could watch the other Roval event this weekend at Charlotte?
Old 8 Oct 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4180418)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well you could watch the other Roval event this weekend at Charlotte?
Unfortunately a bit late in the evening for me.

I love GTWC, inc GTWC America. It's just a bit flat that the biggest race of the year is...this. Imagine if GTWC Europe decided their IGTC event was the 15 hours of Barcelona or something.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 11:54 (Ref:4180435)   #38
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't be giving Ratel any ideas if I were you...

Actually, SRO are quite pragmatic when it comes to venues/schedules. Until there is an uptick in numbers, there won't be a change to the Indy 8 Hours. Indianapolis provides other benefits that make up for the "meh" circuit; it's the best circuit facility-wise that SRO could reasonably use in America.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 12:03 (Ref:4180438)   #39
v8supes
Racer

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately a bit late in the evening for me.

I love GTWC, inc GTWC America. It's just a bit flat that the biggest race of the year is...this. Imagine if GTWC Europe decided their IGTC event was the 15 hours of Barcelona or something.
I agree with you. The Indy event does nothing for me. Indy is a fantastic facility and has amazing history but i just find the track layout very boring. Grandstands virtually empty too.

Not sure it helps that from about 20 minutes into the race it was very obvious that one of the BMWs was going to win.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 14:37 (Ref:4180468)   #40
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
GT3, GT4, Cup cars (Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Ford Mustang), fastest TC cars and boom you have 50 entries. Instant classic.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 16:49 (Ref:4180486)   #41
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
GT3, GT4, Cup cars (Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Ford Mustang), fastest TC cars and boom you have 50 entries. Instant classic.
This would improve it for sure, but I just think the track is the most uninspiring in North America lol. Maybe they could keep the venue and just sort out the infield. Everything after that fast chicane needs redone.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:41 (Ref:4180510)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Just remember, if you want to have other circuits you may have to suffer the cost. Indy has the trackside facilities for the sponsors to press the flesh and make deals that can fund the rest of the season. I don't think this event is really for us but more for the teams to sell themselves
Old 9 Oct 2023, 03:34 (Ref:4180603)   #43
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
This would improve it for sure, but I just think the track is the most uninspiring in North America lol. Maybe they could keep the venue and just sort out the infield. Everything after that fast chicane needs redone.
Rd. America obviously.
Old 20 Dec 2023, 17:12 (Ref:4189514)   #44
GT3_Fan
Racer

Probably the only current spec Audi R8 GT3 in all of the North American continent.

https://sportscar365.com/sro/gt-amer...title-defense/