Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Jul 2023, 10:26 (Ref:4169026)   #26
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked like he was pushing just a bit hard on the opening lap asking too much of the front tyre, it washed out beneath him but I think there is a an element if truth in what you say Gordon. I think he wanted to get away in the lead and open up a sizeable gap rather than rely on his usual fast pace in the closing laps to take the win. J Rae and Toprak absolutely rode the wheels off which must have been totally exhausting, how fit are these guys! it was certainly entertaining after a lack lustre weekend at Brands!
Old 19 Jul 2023, 11:32 (Ref:4169035)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So Bautista finally makes a mistake and opens it up for the others in R3. However he’s still got a good lead in the championship. Great weekend for Toprak, his persistence paid off. Rea picking up good points
Old 20 Jul 2023, 20:08 (Ref:4169219)   #28
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How disappointing is Rinaldi on the 2nd Duke, good result for Bassani...
Old 21 Jul 2023, 09:35 (Ref:4169272)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, Rinaldi has been a bit of a disappointment this year. I expected more from him, but he's just not getting the results.
Old 21 Jul 2023, 20:31 (Ref:4169344)   #30
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
...Toprak absolutely rode the wheels off...
He was simply incredible in the superpole race! His bike control was just jaw-dropping, one of the most incredible rides I've ever seen in the 25yrs or so I've been watching superbikes. Otherworldly.
Old 10 Sep 2023, 18:50 (Ref:4176088)   #31
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The championship is not over yet! Will be a fantastic battle for the title between Alvaro and Toprak over the remaining three rounds at the Aragon, Portimao, and Jerez race circuits.
Old 15 Sep 2023, 09:23 (Ref:4176709)   #32
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
The championship is not over yet! Will be a fantastic battle for the title between Alvaro and Toprak over the remaining three rounds at the Aragon, Portimao, and Jerez race circuits.
It really has become a ferocious battle at the top and JRea hasn't given up either despite the surprise move for next year, I fear Scot R has blotted his copybook for the BMW ride next year.
Old 15 Sep 2023, 15:46 (Ref:4176747)   #33
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It really has become a ferocious battle at the top and J Rea hasn't given up either despite the surprise move for next year, I fear Scot R has blotted his copybook for the BMW ride next year.
Yes it appears that Yamaha & Kawasaki have upped their game (but not enough) if Bautista can keep a clear head it's his to win again I would say. Although I must admit it makes compulsive viewing
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Sep 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4178116)   #34
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
JRea and Toprak don't show any lack of commitment despite their team moves for next year, those first 2 races at Aragon were stunning. Are the Ducati works riders under instructions to provide extra entertainment whilst leading the championship, Bautista on his bum and Bagnia last week in motogp?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 01:11 (Ref:4178833)   #35
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
JRea and Toprak don't show any lack of commitment despite their team moves for next year, those first 2 races at Aragon were stunning. Are the Ducati works riders under instructions to provide extra entertainment whilst leading the championship, Bautista on his bum and Bagnia last week in motogp?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Yes it appears that Yamaha & Kawasaki have upped their game (but not enough) if Bautista can keep a clear head it's his to win again I would say. Although I must admit it makes compulsive viewing
Absolutely agree, but surely Bautista will take the championship, no...?
Old 30 Sep 2023, 01:19 (Ref:4178834)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
Absolutely agree, but surely Bautista will take the championship, no...?
He is trying hard not to (win it)
Old 1 Oct 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4179173)   #37
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race 2 was an awesome race. I don't think Toprak could have done anymore. He seemed totally dejected in the post race interview though. An absolute classic. Two riders at the top of their game going at it. I was on the edge of my seat and that really doesn't happen often. Brilliant stuff. It doesn't get much better than that.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 21:37 (Ref:4179185)   #38
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Martin View Post
Race 2 was an awesome race. I don't think Toprak could have done anymore. He seemed totally dejected in the post race interview though. An absolute classic. Two riders at the top of their game going at it. I was on the edge of my seat and that really doesn't happen often. Brilliant stuff. It doesn't get much better than that.
Totally agree, both riders on their absolute limit - superb racing. Evidently Toprak smashed his windscreen in frustration at one point, talk about give it their all. What a shame Rea wasn't in the mix in the last race.
Old 29 Oct 2023, 22:19 (Ref:4183589)   #39
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well whatever you do don't miss this last race, talk about heroes ! talk about an edge of the sofa job ! And a big surprise at the end.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Oct 2023, 12:36 (Ref:4183697)   #40
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Given that the title was already decided and their racing seats for '24 assured that level of commitment to get the win is incredible! I lost count of the number of overtakes after the first few laps, brilliant racing
Old 30 Oct 2023, 13:41 (Ref:4183714)   #41
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Given that the title was already decided and their racing seats for '24 assured that level of commitment to get the win is incredible! I lost count of the number of overtakes after the first few laps, brilliant racing
I know "rules are rules" but you would have thought that the powers that be would have let Toprac have it to end the season?
Old 30 Oct 2023, 22:26 (Ref:4183776)   #42
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Bautista was the 2022 champion surely? This year is his double.
Old 20 Jan 2024, 09:12 (Ref:4192552)   #43
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I have started a new 2024 WSB thread