Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Jun 2023, 19:15 (Ref:4160279)   #76
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Parfait. Si a nos ages on ne se fait pas de cadeau, qui le fera pour nous? Et même a 13 "balles" le risque est assez limité! Puisque nous sommes entre nous, tu as un ou plusieurs favoris? J'espère que ça ne va pas tourner, encore, a la démonstration Toy'. Depuis que de Chaunac est parti, il ne leur arrive plus rien de mal!!
I would love to see Peugeot do well, if only because I think it is something of beauty, and the livery is superb....but that might be a longshot. A finish for them would be a success I fear. Reality is a Toyota is likely to win in the same way way as will Max / Red Bull win the next GP and the WDC.

I shall continue to back the underdogs though, so my hopes are with the Glick, Vanwall, Pug, the Hertz / Jota Porsche, and less so the Ferrari. I guess anything but the Toyota , but at the end of the day I am something of a realist as well.
Old 6 Jun 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4160283)   #77
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Those poor Peugeot's make me think of the Renault Yellow tea pot. May be they're right to go without a rear wing but it will take a while before it works properly. And their expertise in hybrid systems is in no way comparabale to other competitor's, Ferrari uncluded. I remember that when they tried to reach an acceptable level of perfs of their diesel engines, they went to a Bimmer dealer a bought a batch of 530 D engine pistons…
Old 6 Jun 2023, 19:46 (Ref:4160288)   #78
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If only, for once, those fookin presentators could make good focuses on the LMP2's and GTE's categories it would be great. This is the last year some will see in the flesh the cornering abilities of a GT when in the right hands in the indinapolis area. Very impressive specially at night.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 04:54 (Ref:4160325)   #79
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
If only, for once, those fookin presentators could make good focuses on the LMP2's and GTE's categories it would be great. This is the last year some will see in the flesh the cornering abilities of a GT when in the right hands in the indinapolis area. Very impressive specially at night.
Last year I think the telecast seemed about 70% LMP2.More to do with the lack of competition in Hypercar.This year I hope it is mostly Hypercar.
I for one am completely underwhelmed by the Am nature of GT.Looks more like a glorified club event with some guest drivers.I wish they had the same driver rules as LMP2 so you could have 2 Gold drivers or 1 Gold+1Platinum.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 12:15 (Ref:4160375)   #80
Babapapa
Racer

Germany
Gelsenkirchen
Babapapa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Livestreaming & Onboards:

https://live-wec.sportall.tv/
Old 7 Jun 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4160450)   #81
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When the WEC App and website login changed earlier this year, did they decide not to port across existing accounts? Bit of a shame if that wipes all the previous seasons and races you might have bought.

My login details no longer seem to work, and the WEC app on my phone just gives an error as it's now the old app. I've googled it a bit, but can't find much details on this.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 15:49 (Ref:4160471)   #82
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG View Post
When the WEC App and website login changed earlier this year, did they decide not to port across existing accounts? Bit of a shame if that wipes all the previous seasons and races you might have bought.

My login details no longer seem to work, and the WEC app on my phone just gives an error as it's now the old app. I've googled it a bit, but can't find much details on this.
I tried to log in to the WEC App on my (i)Phone earlier today and it straightaway told me the App was outdated, with a "Would you like to Update it and Update button. I clicked the update button... then clicked install when it came up, verified it was me,it installed and I logged in no problems. I also went to the WEC website on my laptop to organise the live stream package .... it remembered my login details no problems, logged in and when I clicked on the FIA-WEC TV button it offered me the same Le Mans package for June I always buy. I paid the due by card and was watching within a minute. The only choice it then gave me was the English or French Comms.

I had absolutely no issues or problems at all.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4160493)   #83
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The only choice it then gave me was the English or French Comms. I had absolutely no issues or problems at all.
Having the comments in French is a problem
Old 7 Jun 2023, 17:58 (Ref:4160523)   #84
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
I would love to see Peugeot do well
You've been heard, Dave, they won the pit stop challenge for three wheelers…
Old 7 Jun 2023, 18:33 (Ref:4160562)   #85
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Eurosport is looking super shiny and still has the full no commercial feed. Beautiful.

I’m in Italy.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 19:39 (Ref:4160580)   #86
v8supes
Racer

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont understand. Discovery Plus doesnt work on an Amazon tablet? Its like being back in the 1990s all over again.

On the plus side it does work on my Laptop so im enjoying being able to listen to the no commentary feed.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 19:53 (Ref:4160587)   #87
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's a nice surprise, Jim Roller on comms for eurosport.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 20:13 (Ref:4160592)   #88
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
That's a nice surprise, Jim Roller on comms for eurosport.
Very much so! Enjoy his commentary a lot. He is good and pretty much knows his stuff. Graham Goodwin, Roller, and Anthony Davidson is a good combo.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 20:29 (Ref:4160595)   #89
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
These are now in apple podcast app.

Sometimes they just take a bit of time to get there.

The Test Day pm/afternoon was missing
Old 7 Jun 2023, 21:07 (Ref:4160605)   #90
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On-Boards are VERY glitchy so far, hope they get better on race day.

Maybe some of the antenna repeaters aren't up yet in the JLGs or something.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 01:37 (Ref:4160625)   #91
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I tried to log in to the WEC App on my (i)Phone earlier today and it straightaway told me the App was outdated, with a "Would you like to Update it and Update button. I clicked the update button... then clicked install when it came up, verified it was me,it installed and I logged in no problems. I also went to the WEC website on my laptop to organise the live stream package .... it remembered my login details no problems, logged in and when I clicked on the FIA-WEC TV button it offered me the same Le Mans package for June I always buy. I paid the due by card and was watching within a minute. The only choice it then gave me was the English or French Comms.

I had absolutely no issues or problems at all.
I've had another look at this, I suspect they didn't migrate my account over to the new system due to my email address being too long. The curse of VARCHAR2[20] strikes again.

You can actually still log into the old system: https://members.fiawec.com/en/login

Because they've hidden the login portal, but not turned it off. There I still have an account and various subscriptions going back to 2016.

But I've had to re-register for the new site: fiawec.tv

I guess in other news, rain is wet and my yearly fight with the ACO to give them money will continue next year.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 03:16 (Ref:4160633)   #92
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Glad you found a work around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG View Post
I guess in other news, rain is wet and my yearly fight with the ACO to give them money will continue next year.
In two different situations I’ve felt like this.

One with the app. Really liked it, but eventually just found it easier to give Eurosport my money! (and I got some other stuff like Tour de France),

Also with buying tickets. I eventually got tired of dealing with ACO directly I went to a ticket agency. I found not only did I definitely get the tickets ne they arrived in good time, but I got access to ACO’s own grandstand guaranteed! Whereas it was pot luck with ACO membership!
Old 8 Jun 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4160656)   #93
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you are in the UK and have access to Discovery+ than everything appears to be being streamed Ad free on there.

If you have Sky Q then you can get Discovery+ for free as part of you Sky Rewards.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 11:46 (Ref:4160685)   #94
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6R Racing Fan View Post
On-Boards are VERY glitchy so far, hope they get better on race day.
Worst signal breakage in years. Always breaks up on same spots, e.g. both chicanes.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 13:40 (Ref:4160715)   #95
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I noticed that too. Although I first saw after I just turned it on so assumed it was me at first. It soon became clear it wasn't as every other shot was perfect.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4160726)   #96
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
If you are in the UK and have access to Discovery+ than everything appears to be being streamed Ad free on there.

If you have Sky Q then you can get Discovery+ for free as part of you Sky Rewards.
The add free one is also without commentary! Is anyone having same situation when on discovery plus?
Old 8 Jun 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4160728)   #97
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
The add free one is also without commentary! Is anyone having same situation when on discovery plus?
Not sure the volume is turned down on my TV and I am listening to Radio Le Mans instead....
Old 8 Jun 2023, 14:15 (Ref:4160729)   #98
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Not sure the volume is turned down on my TV and I am listening to Radio Le Mans instead....
I am using the prime video extension for Discovery plus
Wondering if they have the feed with the commentary and no adds on the main discovery plus website
Old 8 Jun 2023, 14:16 (Ref:4160731)   #99
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I have just turned the volume up and I can hear Jim Roller
Old 8 Jun 2023, 14:22 (Ref:4160732)   #100
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
It has commentary on the main discovery plus app but not on prime video